Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 08:30 AM

8 posts, read 4,617 times

Advertisements

Log #3** but currently make a little bit more than the max income. Is it possible to add my wife who currently don’t work or that would be too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 10:12 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncisse View Post
Log #3** but currently make a little bit more than the max income. Is it possible to add my wife who currently don’t work or that would be too late.
If you edit your household now, anytime before it is reached and the snapshot is taken, it will update your application.

Old 02-09-2024, 05:16 PM

44 posts, read 45,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
If you edit your household now, anytime before it is reached and the snapshot is taken, it will update your application.
linamonroll, any idea when the snapshot is usually taken?

Old 02-09-2024, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnty View Post
linamonroll, any idea when the snapshot is usually taken?
When they reach your log #

Old 02-13-2024, 09:46 AM

49 posts, read 34,275 times
log 94xx

Old 02-13-2024, 09:50 AM

8 posts, read 4,617 times
3xx. Is it possible I add my wife to the application or that would be too late ?

Old 02-13-2024, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncisse View Post
3xx. Is it possible I add my wife to the application or that would be too late ?
Did they already reach your log? If not you can update your profile on HC and it will update your application.

Old 02-13-2024, 11:41 AM

26 posts, read 9,768 times
Quote:
Your odds are good of eventually getting an offer, assuming you continue to qualify. This is a lottery to fill a handful of available units but also to establish a waitlist for future vacancies. You may very well get called for the current availability but in any case you would have a pretty high position (close to the front) on the waitlist. Good luck!

Thank you!! I appreciate your hope and kind words. This would be my first apartment ever.

You seem very involved and knowledgeable about this process. Im wondering if you might know what it's like to add someone to the lease after getting the unit. Im sure it varies from each management office. My partner is looking to eventually move in with me but not officially within the next year, most likely 2025. Might it be an issue then? Would we have to recertify our income?

Old 02-13-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomuser1000 View Post
Thank you!! I appreciate your hope and kind words. This would be my first apartment ever.

You seem very involved and knowledgeable about this process. Im wondering if you might know what it's like to add someone to the lease after getting the unit. Im sure it varies from each management office. My partner is looking to eventually move in with me but not officially within the next year, most likely 2025. Might it be an issue then? Would we have to recertify our income?
I think the only requirement is adding a spouse. If you are not legally married, I don't think there is a requirement to add someone to the lease. You should do some Googling to find out what rights you have and ask the management their policy when the time comes.

Old 02-13-2024, 02:36 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
I think the only requirement is adding a spouse. If you are not legally married, I don't think there is a requirement to add someone to the lease. You should do some Googling to find out what rights you have and ask the management their policy when the time comes.
By law only a legally married spouse's name must be added to a RS lease. Everyone else is at LL's discretion, which usually means they won't.

Keep in mind adding someone's name to RS lease as opposed to putting their name down at each renewal as an adult living in household are two different things. Latter can lay down paperwork for any possible later succession claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: