Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2024, 04:35 AM

2 posts, read 565 times

Advertisements

I’ve been submitting documents since October 2023. I haven’t viewed the apartment. Friday made the 3 time I had to get the same bank explanations notarized. She offered me a one bedroom I explained I need at 2 bedroom I’ll even take a 3 bedroom. I have 2 children. With my income my Ami is 50%. After declining the 1 bedroom i didn’t hear from her for 5 weeks she then have me submit more documents. Weeks later she calls me offering a 3 bedroom and another bank explanation to be notarized. After i submit that 2 days later she emailed me saying sorry for the misunderstanding but she gave the 3 bedrooms to someone else. Do i want a 1 bedroom. I told her no. A month later i see my application is still under review so i contact her asking if im still eligible being that my application is still under review. She told me No and I have to do an appeal. So I emailed some else in the office letting them know what I was told and how I can’t file an appeal because my application isn’t rejected it’s under review. Days later I get a request to send in more paystubs and another bank explanation. The woman handling my file is unprofessional and rude. And I’m so over it. The good news is I got an email Friday to submit documents for McClellan apartments so im keeping my fingers crossed unfortunately it’s the same management over there too. So I’m trying to remain positive
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2024, 07:42 AM

4 posts, read 494 times
I requested a 1 bedroom but got offered a studio instead. Does anyone have photos of the studio layout?

Old 05-17-2024, 07:54 AM

25,426 posts, read 37,214,868 times
Heavenly,

I hope you are married to a notary public.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:24 AM

Oh, it is SO nice to never have to fill out another application for affordable housing ever again.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:13 AM

2,113 posts, read 1,717,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt0907 View Post
I requested a 1 bedroom but got offered a studio instead. Does anyone have photos of the studio layout?
I have no photos. Try a Google search, click on images. Try the building name, try the address. Ask if a 1 bed is available. Ask if you can pass on the studio and wait for a 1 bed, but if you do you might not get either.

Old 05-17-2024, 12:49 PM

Britt,
How many people are you?

Old 05-18-2024, 04:30 AM

4 posts, read 494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I have no photos. Try a Google search, click on images. Try the building name, try the address. Ask if a 1 bed is available. Ask if you can pass on the studio and wait for a 1 bed, but if you do you might not get either.
I tried that but im only seeing photos of the 1 bedroom. I asked to be placed on a waiting list for the 1 bedroom and the person handling my paperwork disregards the question all the time i was even told that I would have to accept the studio apartment to view it. Its been 2 months and Im still sending the same paperwork. Im in a 1 bedroom now, I wouldn’t want to leave if its not worth it.

Old 05-18-2024, 04:32 AM

4 posts, read 494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Britt,
How many people are you?
Its Just me on the app

Old 05-18-2024, 08:30 AM

2,113 posts, read 1,717,415 times
Quote:
I tried that but im only seeing photos of the 1 bedroom. I asked to be placed on a waiting list for the 1 bedroom and the person handling my paperwork disregards the question all the time i was even told that I would have to accept the studio apartment to view it. It’s been 2 months and Im still sending the same paperwork. Im in a 1 bedroom now, I wouldn’t want to leave if it’s not worth it.
Contact your City Councilor’s office. Call 311 if you don’t know which City Councilor.
I don’t know either way, but a policy that requires you to accept the studio before viewing might be out of bounds. Also, the City Councilor’s office might advocate on you behalf with/without using your name by requesting floor plans and photos. They can ask about 1 bed and 1 bed waitlists. No certainty it will work.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Its Just me on the app
No, I mean how many people are in your household?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery