Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 09:42 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonameneeded View Post
Annie mentioned the Jackson Square as well so I will definitely make it a point to go there. I have not heard of the Maple Leaf Bar, and yes, I am into museums.
Cafe du Monde is right next to Jackson Square, and it's where all the tourists go for cafe au lait and beignets

St. Louis Cathedral is also right next to Jackson Square. It's worth taking a peak inside.

I've never personally been, but I have heard that the WW2 Museum is very impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 09:44 AM

Pat O'Brien's is a nice French Quarter restaurant and bar. It's where the Hurricane cocktail was invented.

Old 06-14-2022, 05:49 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Cafe du Monde is right next to Jackson Square, and it's where all the tourists go for cafe au lait and beignets

St. Louis Cathedral is also right next to Jackson Square. It's worth taking a peak inside.

I've never personally been, but I have heard that the WW2 Museum is very impressive.
I've been to New Orleans several times and love the town, especially the food! I've not been to the WW2 Museum, but if you're into military museums, I HIGHLY recommend the National Infantry Museum in Columbus, GA (Ft. Benning). It's right off post, so no military ID is needed, and it's free. (Donations accepted though) I also highly recommend visiting the National Civil War Naval Museum! So much to see at both museums that I recommend spending a night or two in Columbus! USA Today surveys have rated the National Infantry Museum the Best free museum in America!

www.nationalinfantrymuseum.com

www.portcolumbus.org

www.visitcolumbusga.com

www.alwaysuptown.com

36 Hours: Columbus, Ga. – Find your tourist interests in Columbus, Ga.

Last edited by columbusboy8; 06-14-2022 at 06:08 PM..

Old 06-14-2022, 05:52 PM

126 posts, read 63,834 times
Quote:
If you want to visit a university, Loyola and Tulane are far more interesting than UNO, and are right next to each other.

They are adjacent to Audubon Park which is beautiful. If you don't get to visit that side of town, you're really missing out in my opinion. St. Charles Ave is amazing, and you can take the street car all the way from the French Quarter to Audubon Park.

The National Shrine of Bl. Francis Xavier Seelos is worth a visit too, to learn about the life and legacy of a priest who died in New Orleans while caring for the victims of a cholera epidemic in the 19th century.
Thank you! Is the Audobon Park close to the Audobon Aquarium?

Old 06-14-2022, 05:58 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,746,310 times
New Orleans has 2nd highest crime rate in U.S., you should be asking where not to go also to protect yourself. Have fun!

Old 06-14-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonameneeded View Post
Thank you! Is the Audobon Park close to the Audobon Aquarium?
No it's not. The Aquarium is downtown very close to the French Quarter. Audubon Park is a tram ride west down St. Charles Ave in a more residential area.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:56 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Quote:
No it's not. The Aquarium is downtown very close to the French Quarter. Audubon Park is a tram ride west down St. Charles Ave in a more residential area.
They are streetcars, don't call them trams. And its not west, its directionally south but it would be called riverbound locally.
Not to nitpick but the Aquarium is technically in the French Quarter too.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:17 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times
Broussards. Ask for Rebecca Schattman to guide you through the menu.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:18 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times
Quote:
Pat O'Brien's is a nice French Quarter restaurant and bar. It's where the Hurricane cocktail was invented.
Lord I got sooo buzzed after two of them but managed to walk to the Royal Sonesta hotel in three inch heels and wearing a St. John red suit.

Good memories.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:47 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
New Orleans has 2nd highest crime rate in U.S., you should be asking where not to go also to protect yourself. Have fun!
IMO, you'll be fine if you stay in crowds, and don't try to close the bars at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans