Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 08:27 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times

Advertisements

Domergirl - you gotta get Sirius!!! It's only $12.95 a month and you also get it on your internet and your home stereo too. I'm listening to it right now as we speak! You would enjoy Sunday nights because they have a program called Dark Wave, which is the darker side of new wave like Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, Roxy Music, Smiths, Cure, etc.

Sirius also has a punk channel too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Trust me, you get Sirius and you will be thanking me!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 AM

688 posts, read 2,835,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Safety Dance!

Red Hot Chili Peppers formed in the 80's--they were kind of in their funky stage then.
Funny how we "educate" our kids according to the stuff we loved as kids ourselves. (For me it was Neil Young, Hendrix, Grateful Dead etc.)
But it's really cool when they grow up, develop their own tastes, then turn you on to their own favorites.

LOVE The Chili Peppers! I became a deadhead too....I believe Sugar Magnolia was a song about me...hee hee....and Jimi, yes.....and The Doors, I totally got into all of those and love them to this day! I absolutely love Janis! Really, I like all sorts of music! Oh, and if you like Jimi, I don't know if you've ever heard of Xavier Rudd, (you can google) but he's from Austrailia, he's got like a bob marley, jimi sort of vibe to him. He actually did a remake of The Wind Cries Mary, fabulous! He also did a remake of Bob's The Redemption Song. Gotta check it out. I have the songs if anyone wants to hear I'll try to get it to ya!

Back on the 80's......yes, The Safety Dance! Gosh, remembering all this makes me smile!
Remember Our House, from Madness? Loved it!
I also listened alot to AC/DC, GnR, Metallica, Aerosmith, stuff like that. I loved when Skid Row came along! Motley Crue, Great White, all those great ones. I think my fave GnR song was Patience, and before that came along my fave was Sweet Child of Mine. I love Sheryl Crow's remake of that song too!
I guess if I'd have to say the type of music I listened least to was any type of pop music. It used to really get on my nerves the stupid stuff you'd hear over and over on the top 40! I did kinda like Cyndi Lauper though. I loved Blondie! Still do!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Domergirl - you gotta get Sirius!!! It's only $12.95 a month and you also get it on your internet and your home stereo too. I'm listening to it right now as we speak! You would enjoy Sunday nights because they have a program called Dark Wave, which is the darker side of new wave like Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, Roxy Music, Smiths, Cure, etc.

Sirius also has a punk channel too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

Trust me, you get Sirius and you will be thanking me!!! LOL
Already got it!!! Have you tried Pandora yet? You gotta try it ... you type in a favorite group name and it picks other songs of the same ilk ... I have a Lords of Acid file and I am amazed each and every time! I'll pm you the link.

I also have XM via my satellite tv. They have a good channel there too called Fred.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 AM

Thanks. I got your PM and I am going to check out Pandora!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
LOVE The Chili Peppers! I became a deadhead too....I believe Sugar Magnolia was a song about me...hee hee....and Jimi, yes.....and The Doors, I totally got into all of those and love them to this day! I absolutely love Janis! Really, I like all sorts of music! Oh, and if you like Jimi, I don't know if you've ever heard of Xavier Rudd, (you can google) but he's from Austrailia, he's got like a bob marley, jimi sort of vibe to him. He actually did a remake of The Wind Cries Mary, fabulous! He also did a remake of Bob's The Redemption Song. Gotta check it out. I have the songs if anyone wants to hear I'll try to get it to ya!

Back on the 80's......yes, The Safety Dance! Gosh, remembering all this makes me smile!
Remember Our House, from Madness? Loved it!
I also listened alot to AC/DC, GnR, Metallica, Aerosmith, stuff like that. I loved when Skid Row came along! Motley Crue, Great White, all those great ones. I think my fave GnR song was Patience, and before that came along my fave was Sweet Child of Mine. I love Sheryl Crow's remake of that song too!
I guess if I'd have to say the type of music I listened least to was any type of pop music. It used to really get on my nerves the stupid stuff you'd hear over and over on the top 40! I did kinda like Cyndi Lauper though. I loved Blondie! Still do!

One of John Lennon's last missives to Paul McCartney was that Heart of Glass by Blondie was the future of music. Genius!

Remember the gunners song, September Rain?

Madness was great. I particularly love the song One Step Beyond. I also LOVE the Fun Boy Three's version of Our Lips are Sealed. The backstory on that song is fabulous! And their version kick's the go go's version.

Gosh you guys, yesterday I was bashing Oprah on another thread and now I'm all giddy about my youth!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
One of John Lennon's last missives to Paul McCartney was that Heart of Glass by Blondie was the future of music. Genius!

Remember the gunners song, September Rain?

Madness was great. I particularly love the song One Step Beyond. I also LOVE the Fun Boy Three's version of Our Lips are Sealed. The backstory on that song is fabulous! And their version kick's the go go's version.

Gosh you guys, yesterday I was bashing Oprah on another thread and now I'm all giddy about my youth!

Love Blondie! Heart of Glass, The Tide is High, Call Me. I like the chicks that rock!

Oh yes, I remember that but sweetie, it was November Rain.....good one! Remember Mr. Brownstone, "I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9....I don't worry about nothing, no, cuz a worrying's a waste of my....time!"

Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
Love Blondie! Heart of Glass, The Tide is High, Call Me. I like the chicks that rock!

Oh yes, I remember that but sweetie, it was November Rain.....good one! Remember Mr. Brownstone, "I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9....I don't worry about nothing, no, cuz a worrying's a waste of my....time!"
September, November ... you knew what I meant! Remember, I'm a punk at heart! Heart!!! Barracuda!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 AM

282 posts, read 1,263,969 times
I was leather-wearing, concert-goin' Heavy Metal/Hair Metal chick.
Still am! (not so much leather anymore, though!)
Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Dio, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, etc.....and pretty much most of the Hair Metal bands. Concerts in the 80's rocked!

Old 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM

Lauri, you just summed up my brothers!!! LOL And oddly enough, my 12 year old son too.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
September, November ... you knew what I meant! Remember, I'm a punk at heart! Heart!!! Barracuda!
Yes, I know what you meant, just teasing you....

Ooh, Heart! Another band of ladies that rock! Straigt On!

"Comin' straight on for you, you made my mind....now I'm stronger, now I'm comin' through.....straight on, straight on for you....straight on, straight on for you......straight ON for YOU, YOO-Ooh-OU...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music