Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 11:55 AM

1,197 posts, read 527,858 times

Advertisements

Some things that help me:

* Positive thought - replace scary feelings. The way I do this is (for example): Breathe in (through the nose) peace, breathe out (through the mouth - both done slowly) fear.
* EFT (Brad Yates YouTube is good start)
* Aromatherapy
* B12 and D3 Vitamins, multi vitamin, Magnesium for sleep
* Exercise
* Uplifting music
* Staying away from mean people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2024, 03:54 PM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
it seem like as , at least me get older. people talking about other not here anymore. all the commericals on tv, about medicine, I feel a nervous unrest. My boss says, I think too much. But everything bothers me
I hope I don't get shot for mentioning Jesus but I have to in order to answer your question. People are SUPPOSED to think about eternity. Receiving the Lord will not exempt you from suffering, but you sure won't worry about death because you will know your eternity is secured.

Old 02-03-2024, 04:46 PM

4 posts, read 1,712 times
Nancy739 is right.

"Perfect love casts out fear." 1 John 4:18

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

When you trust in Jesus Christ for your salvation and read what the Bible says about what is going on in the world, it all starts to make sense.

Old 02-08-2024, 06:01 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
You could maybe benefit from talking to someone professional to get their suggestions on how to cope.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:47 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Some things that help me:

* Positive thought - replace scary feelings. The way I do this is (for example): Breathe in (through the nose) peace, breathe out (through the mouth - both done slowly) fear.
* EFT (Brad Yates YouTube is good start)
* Aromatherapy
* B12 and D3 Vitamins, multi vitamin, Magnesium for sleep
* Exercise
* Uplifting music
* Staying away from mean people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I hope I don't get shot for mentioning Jesus but I have to in order to answer your question. People are SUPPOSED to think about eternity. Receiving the Lord will not exempt you from suffering, but you sure won't worry about death because you will know your eternity is secured.

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling this way. Yes, the above are all good! The only thing above I didn't know about already was EFT.

Also, maybe try these too, which all benefit in their own way(s):

meditation
get a pet
professional help
get better sleep if you don't already
eat better if you don't already
lose weight if you need to
start keeping in touch regularly w/ a good friend or close family member
start a new hobby &/or do one you've always loved (art, photography,
learn to enjoy the simple things: Watching TV, going on a walk, enjoying the sunny/rainy weather, etc.
have a tidy home so you can make it a better safe, peaceful haven (I have: A diffuser for a nice, all-natural scent in the air, sound machine to get better/faster sleep, nice plants which are beneficial for air quality, air purifier, etc.)

Old 03-04-2024, 03:04 PM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
anxiety is most often caused by gut dysbiosis and/or leaky gut. advise working on these two issues
Good post.. and I think understanding generalized anxiety as a holistic, biological affliction is/will getting us closer to treating it better.

I often hear the well-intentioned advice of treating generalized (& debilitating) anxiety with positive thinking etc. And treating it with other forms of essentially mind tricks. But people who live with chronic (not situational) anxiety, feel it is a whole body ordeal.. dizziness, visual disturbances, racing pulse/heart, chronic indigestion. It needs to be treated as a whole body affliction. And reading nice, positive sentiments (as a treatment) are always beneficial.. but they can't fix a body-mind gone haywire. Fixing gut bacteria, nutritional deficiencies, addressing brain trauma/damage is a more practical theory.
You can't just positively think your way out of chronic generalized anxiety.. anxious brain circuitry requires a stronger approach.. and it's still no guarantee of success.

Old 03-04-2024, 03:23 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
it seem like as , at least me get older. people talking about other not here anymore. all the commericals on tv, about medicine, I feel a nervous unrest. My boss says, I think too much. But everything bothers me
So, are you afraid of death? Actually, looking at the obits lately, older is becoming a minor issue, as many are younger than I am (69). Commercials about medicine on TV? Are there reasons you think you'll eventually take these, because both my husband and myself are medication free, learn about homeopathy and also Bach Flower Treatments (mental health). Feeling nervous about the unrest? Accept that you can only do so much to impact that, and do that, which amounts to being an informed voter, maybe even volunteer to be a present to help out with your local election.

When it comes to the POC forum, it is more of a debate forum than anything else, and some people are simply not cut out to debate, and if you aren't, I would advise staying out. Or, maybe it would be better to discuss your concerns there and get some insight to your fears in that area.

Please ignore how some in this thread have referred to myself and others who are a part of the POC forum, as frankly, I rarely bother with the medical area of the forum, because frankly, that is the most scary part to me! Not everyone ends up so mentally, emotionally or physically compromised as others, so if you don't have an issue here, I would avoid that. Actually, take a look at the "Psychology" area, and maybe "Google" the subject(s) of your concerns.

You probably need a hobby or an actual interest. Keep the TV off (buy some DVDs or get into something like Hulu) and definitely don't do the morning shows, The View, Fox.........., eat a healthy diet and exercise plus be an informed voter. I think you will find that if you get outside and take walks, you'll sleep better and maybe find something more captivating than "fear".

Yes, there are many concerns, and addressing each one separately, and trying to work through your concerns is better than ignoring them and becoming obsessed with your thoughts, which is where I think you are right now. Identify specifically what your concerns are.

Don't count us out at POC!

Old 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Good post.. and I think understanding generalized anxiety as a holistic, biological affliction is/will getting us closer to treating it better.

I often hear the well-intentioned advice of treating generalized (& debilitating) anxiety with positive thinking etc. And treating it with other forms of essentially mind tricks. But people who live with chronic (not situational) anxiety, feel it is a whole body ordeal.. dizziness, visual disturbances, racing pulse/heart, chronic indigestion. It needs to be treated as a whole body affliction. And reading nice, positive sentiments (as a treatment) are always beneficial.. but they can't fix a body-mind gone haywire. Fixing gut bacteria, nutritional deficiencies, addressing brain trauma/damage is a more practical theory.
You can't just positively think your way out of chronic generalized anxiety.. anxious brain circuitry requires a stronger approach.. and it's still no guarantee of success.

great post

i've done extensive work on gut microbiome/leaky gut topics. there is a flood of new info coming out showing that gut issues cause all sorts of brain issues -- depression, anxiety/panic, alzheimers, autism, more. personally seen two people completely reverse their anxiety/panic with gut programs. one of them had been battling it for 20 plus years.

microbiome research is an emerging miracle for scores of maladies/chronic diseases. too few people know about it.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:06 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Don’t laugh at my suggestion - doesn’t cost anything to try.

Upon awakening lift both of your arms straight and above your head.
Start clapping.
It is from Traditional Chinese Medicine - help with the anxiety and puts you in a better mood.
Do it as often as you can.
Try TCM morning exercises - they are very short but address all body regulating points.

As your condition psychosomatic - it should help you improve your outlook.
Try some nervine herbal teas and tonics

https://blog.mountainroseherbs.com/u...nes-adaptogens

Some nutritional deficiencies could cause your conditions.
Magnesium, manganese- make sure you get good servings of those and others

Old 03-27-2024, 11:57 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
great post

i've done extensive work on gut microbiome/leaky gut topics. there is a flood of new info coming out showing that gut issues cause all sorts of brain issues -- depression, anxiety/panic, alzheimers, autism, more. personally seen two people completely reverse their anxiety/panic with gut programs. one of them had been battling it for 20 plus years.

microbiome research is an emerging miracle for scores of maladies/chronic diseases. too few people know about it.
If you have time/desire please elaborate, or maybe post a link (on specific diets). I'm very interested in this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health