Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2023, 01:08 PM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times

Advertisements

The Forward has removed its paywall and is now freely available online. I don't always agree with their perspective, but it's important to support and continue to have this voice in the USA, especially now. Although people have different views on "balanced news coverage", very few news outlets have a Jewish perspective.

"Dear Forward reader:

We’ve taken down the Forward’s paywall for all our coverage.

That means that for the first time in our 126-year history, Forward journalism is now free and available to everyone, everywhere. We are taking this step because during this chaotic moment of war, disinformation and rising antisemitism, open access to our independent Jewish journalism is essential.

Our commitment remains the same. The Forward is the leading Jewish voice in American journalism and upholds that responsibility, as it has through more than a century, to report the news with courage, accountability, integrity and Yiddishkeit. Without you, the Forward’s stories don’t just go unread — they go untold."

https://forward.com/

About the Forward:

"The Forward delivers incisive coverage of the issues, ideas and institutions that matter to American Jews. Its rigorous reporting and balanced commentary on politics, arts and culture have won numerous awards year after year, including repeated recognition by the Society of Professional Journalists.

Founded in 1897 as a Yiddish-language daily, the Forward soon became a national paper, the most widely read Jewish newspaper anywhere. By the 1920s its circulation outstripped The New York Times. It chronicled the events that affected a population of immigrants eager to earn their place in American life, and published regional editions around the country before any other newspaper.

The English Forward was launched as a weekly in 1990. Its perspective on world and national news, and its unparalleled coverage of Jewish arts culture and opinion have made it the most influential nationwide Jewish media outlet today. More than a million unique visitors turn to forward.com each month for award-winning news, thoughtful commentary, and captivating videos. More than 50,000 subscribers receive e-newsletters t
hat highlight the latest stories and areas of special interest like Arts & Entertainment and Food & Drink."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 12:11 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The Forward has removed its paywall and is now freely available online. I don't always agree with their perspective, but it's important to support and continue to have this voice in the USA, especially now. Although people have different views on "balanced news coverage", very few news outlets have a Jewish perspective.

"Dear Forward reader:

We’ve taken down the Forward’s paywall for all our coverage.

That means that for the first time in our 126-year history, Forward journalism is now free and available to everyone, everywhere. We are taking this step because during this chaotic moment of war, disinformation and rising antisemitism, open access to our independent Jewish journalism is essential.

Our commitment remains the same. The Forward is the leading Jewish voice in American journalism and upholds that responsibility, as it has through more than a century, to report the news with courage, accountability, integrity and Yiddishkeit. Without you, the Forward’s stories don’t just go unread — they go untold."

https://forward.com/

About the Forward:

"The Forward delivers incisive coverage of the issues, ideas and institutions that matter to American Jews. Its rigorous reporting and balanced commentary on politics, arts and culture have won numerous awards year after year, including repeated recognition by the Society of Professional Journalists.

Founded in 1897 as a Yiddish-language daily, the Forward soon became a national paper, the most widely read Jewish newspaper anywhere. By the 1920s its circulation outstripped The New York Times. It chronicled the events that affected a population of immigrants eager to earn their place in American life, and published regional editions around the country before any other newspaper.

The English Forward was launched as a weekly in 1990. Its perspective on world and national news, and its unparalleled coverage of Jewish arts culture and opinion have made it the most influential nationwide Jewish media outlet today. More than a million unique visitors turn to forward.com each month for award-winning news, thoughtful commentary, and captivating videos. More than 50,000 subscribers receive e-newsletters t
hat highlight the latest stories and areas of special interest like Arts & Entertainment and Food & Drink."
Thanks for this! The Forward is very left wing for my taste, but it does have a long history and every once in a while they have some useful content.

Old 01-16-2024, 06:10 PM

9,111 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Thanks for this! The Forward is very left wing for my taste, but it does have a long history and every once in a while they have some useful content.

As I stated in my initial post, their editorial positions are way too off-beam for me, but it forces me to read and consider a viewpoint I might not otherwise see.

I sometimes have an "Aha" moment reading The Forward.

I think people really need more Aha moments these days. Too many people are locked into their views and double down when challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism