Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 01:23 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
I think Serenity Manor is the old Crestwood East complex that they sold. It is an older complex.

I did not suggest that one since it is not around anything of note and requires a drive to shopping and activities. The East side has not had the investment in things such as restaurants and shopping that the north and south sides have experienced. Washington Square is not the destination it once was and Shadeland is mostly just a large street with industrial activity to get from Point A to B.

Since Crestwood does not own it, I cannot comment on management issues. But I would prefer Crestwood North or South.
I've had experience with independent living parts of Crestwood South (Greenwood) with an elderly family member, and it was pretty good. If you don't mind walking there are plenty of things close by, if you do, there is daily shuttle transportation to groceries, Greenwood Park Mall, etc.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2023, 03:29 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
MortonR, we currently have mom at Crestwood South and it is perfect for her. She is coming up on 10 years there. No where else has the bus system at an affordable price. Utilities are included except for phone and tv. Maintenance is good. It is an independent living arrangement but many have separate services come to assist them.

Old 07-09-2023, 08:47 AM

4,831 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc08 View Post
We are considering moving north from Columbus, IN (our hometown) to an apartment.

What areas, these days, are sketchy in Indy?

We are retired…I would like to live around people my age, although the apartment complexes, by law, can’t share demographics. I do want to avoid 465 as much as possible.

Also considering Zionsville, Carmel, Fishers. What am I missing?

I know folks move for lots of reasons, but any particular reason nothing in Columbus will work?

Old 07-10-2023, 07:32 AM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
MortonR, we currently have mom at Crestwood South and it is perfect for her. She is coming up on 10 years there. No where else has the bus system at an affordable price. Utilities are included except for phone and tv. Maintenance is good. It is an independent living arrangement but many have separate services come to assist them.
My Mom was there for several years in the independent living part and it was great. Sadly, she had a medical issue that forced her into assisted living elsewhere, but it was nice while it lasted.

RM

Old 07-25-2023, 04:38 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,758,918 times
Check out Greenwood Village
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis