Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 07:51 AM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I hope I can find a red one to match my toaster!

I doubt these are a bright enough red to match your toaster, but here's a couple (I was curious to see if they even existed).

https://www.sceptre.com/TV/LED-HDTV/...ategory21.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GPX-32-Sc...Red/5129878645
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 08:59 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
Someone needs to switch to decaf. Wow

Old 02-21-2024, 09:06 AM

7,074 posts, read 4,514,055 times
If you will use it and get enjoy from it why not? It’s your house and should work for your needs.

Old 02-21-2024, 09:11 AM

256 posts, read 114,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Master View Post
You absolutely should. Look at all these people pretending they don't watch TV while eating.

So critical of every little thing making condescending suggestions to change your lifestyle or mocking you WHY?

Maybe you don't inhale your dinner for "15 minutes" like a 16 year old teenage boy
Maybe you actually have a MEAL that REQUIRES DISHES, not a sandwich or take out
Maybe you might like to watch something with friends at a table like a civilized person or is it just MEN who get to yell at football games while sharing meals?

Perhaps you sit at the table for other activities like paper/office work. Scrapbooking. Crossword puzzles. Ironing...

And the fact that the KITCHEN is isolated with the dining room answers the question in it's entirety.

Although no doubt your critics DON'T EVEN COOK.

The ONLY issue is whether you have cable and a cable outlet there or get reception on whatever you use. In which case you may need to get a remote box that only needs an electric outlet. You can maybe put a simple narrow "hall table" type table or small table to hold it and hide the wiring or just hang it on the wall.

I put a state of the art 60 inch TV in my 17x 15 condo living room and everybody ran their mouths about it. "OMG that's so HUGE" "OMG you must be an addict" "OMG what a waste of money" etc.

The first showing I had to sell the place the husband was drooling excited to sit in the living watching sports and they bought it. And YES it was mounted to the wall so it could be TURNED to view in the dining room.
Oh my, so angry.

I'd just like you to know that besides my giant birdcage in the dining room, I ALSO have a state of the art 60 inch TV with all the space age bells and whistles, in my living room.

Old 02-21-2024, 10:20 AM

1,852 posts, read 873,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Someone needs to switch to decaf. Wow

Yep. Made my Ignore List a week or so ago.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:18 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
When we were first married we lived in a studio the set up sounds similar to what you might have

Door. Closet. Bathroom

Coat closet. Kitchen Dining area (separated by walls and archways from both the kitchen and living room.

Bed Living room

We had a small tv in our dining area since the common back to back Kitchen/living room wall was where the living room tv was.

We preferred to eat at a table and chair as opposed to a snack table, and also liked to see traffic and weather and maybe peruse the paper while eating breakfast.

Go for it, it makes no difference what anyone but you thinks.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:53 PM

4,511 posts, read 2,656,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Instead of a “TV”, why not just use an iPad w/wi-fi and or stream. This way there’s nothing sitting on table, hanging from wall in the “Dining Room”!
You know, there are these things called "books" that are available at this building called "the public library", and you can "read" while eating.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:54 PM

4,511 posts, read 2,656,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Master View Post
Seriously I know you didn't just sarcastically attempt to insult and diminish the mental capacity and wishes of the OP as if she were your wife or child or some other substandard person in your life DID you?

Maybe because she's not your housekeeper banished to cook for you in the kitchen isolated for hours or missing moments of her shows while you're laying in your living room Barca-Lounger waiting to be served, dripping food all over the place that she gets to launder and clean up?

Maybe because she's not some 16 year old boy who inhales food?
Maybe because she's not some guy chowing down on a sandwich and beer out of a bottle wiping his mouth on his sleeve?
Maybe because she's civilized AND uses actual dishes and the table for other things?

The fact you think eating dinner just involves one "plate" and are comfortable sitting on a sofa or recliner to eat says more about you than your attempt to demean her.

And I guess it's just the good old boys who like to watch sports with friends while sharing meals, RIGHT? and THAT'S FINE for them.
I think you ought to try to make your unhinged rants actually have meaning. I have no idea what you're even attempting to say here.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:16 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
You know, there are these things called "books" that are available at this building called "the public library", and you can "read" while eating.

Ya know…

There’s this thang called Kindle…? It does “books”- which has nothing to do with the OP’s question! iPads actually can do “tele-vision”- as we know it today.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:33 PM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
OP - I see nothing wrong with what you’re trying to do. I have watched TV in the morning and during dinner all my adult life. If you need an extra TV to see it, go for it. In this day and age, I’d probably just watch on my iPad, but if you want a TV, get one and ignore the haters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating