Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 11:45 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
To follow up and confirm: Received the 3-seater cushions and they are indeed a total match for the chair cushions which came from another manufacturer. So, I think one could rely on what I was told that Sunbrella fabric is all made at one place, so even though different manufacturers produced the cushions, the fabric matches if you request the same color (in my case, navy blue).
I am so thrilled. These cushions are beautiful.

That's good info

The rug is nice too.

I have concrete and I have birds I feed and there is just crxp all over the place. None of those soft goods would work for me. I just use bare metals and I hose everything down every other day! But, it would be dreamy to have an outside area that you could 'furnish.'

I do have cushions for my chairs; but, I have never used them -- they've been stored in the garage for something like 4-5 years now. I don't want to get them dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 06:26 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
That's good info

The rug is nice too.

I have concrete and I have birds I feed and there is just crxp all over the place. None of those soft goods would work for me. I just use bare metals and I hose everything down every other day! But, it would be dreamy to have an outside area that you could 'furnish.'

I do have cushions for my chairs; but, I have never used them -- they've been stored in the garage for something like 4-5 years now. I don't want to get them dirty.
Well, I am fortunate to have the little screened front porch and now the new back deck - covered. It was covered before but was a bit of a mess. We really upgraded it with the new construction so I feel I have to do it justice and make it a cozy outdoor living space (provided it doesn't rain sideways!).
We really do sit out there all spring/summer/fall.....I'll take pictures when it's all put together.

Now to figure out how I am going to get my string lights up. Before, we had some wonky low hung rafters that I just wrapped them around and plugged in through the doggie door (which we don't really use anymore)....I need to upgrade that situation, too.

Old 01-09-2024, 10:21 AM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Well, I am fortunate to have the little screened front porch and now the new back deck - covered. It was covered before but was a bit of a mess. We really upgraded it with the new construction so I feel I have to do it justice and make it a cozy outdoor living space (provided it doesn't rain sideways!).
We really do sit out there all spring/summer/fall.....I'll take pictures when it's all put together.

Now to figure out how I am going to get my string lights up. Before, we had some wonky low hung rafters that I just wrapped them around and plugged in through the doggie door (which we don't really use anymore)....I need to upgrade that situation, too.
That does sound like fun. I have a tiny lot otherwise I could sacrifice more to covered outdoor living. I have to settle for being outside when I'm outside -- LOL. Oh, if I had a big yard I would love to have what you describe (especially in retirement when I will feel like I have time to entertain a little). I will have to make do .

Old 01-11-2024, 06:07 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
That does sound like fun. I have a tiny lot otherwise I could sacrifice more to covered outdoor living. I have to settle for being outside when I'm outside -- LOL. Oh, if I had a big yard I would love to have what you describe (especially in retirement when I will feel like I have time to entertain a little). I will have to make do .
You can do alot even with a small space Wile E!! Lots of great ideas online.....My starting point is a comfortable place to sit and lay down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating