Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 04:54 AM

15 posts, read 24,456 times

Advertisements

Open concept is not for me - at least not the plans that include a view of the entire kitchen from the front entry. How about a little mystery? The person watching TV can't pick a nose without the person in the kitchen seeing it.

Old 04-04-2024, 05:22 AM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times
I myself like something more open.

Traditional floor plans feel constricted and “claustrophobic” to me. I also don’t particularly enjoy having rooms dictated to me. My dream would be to live in an entirely open warehouse, with appropriate privacy for bedrooms and bathrooms. I would much rather define my own spaces. Noises being cast across the house don’t bother me that much, and I like the flexibility to set my own spaces

I’m obviously not alone in that, and so I don’t think this “fad” is going anywhere.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:23 AM

366 posts, read 104,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumontPark View Post
Open concept is not for me - at least not the plans that include a view of the entire kitchen from the front entry. How about a little mystery? The person watching TV can't pick a nose without the person in the kitchen seeing it.
Mystery? Unless I'm doing a murder/mystery dinner show, I'm not walking into a house (mine or anyone's) looking for or wanting a mystery. Makes no sense.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:51 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
"Journey of discovery" lol. Yeah pretty much figured out how to exist and navigate within my house in a couple days.

Old 04-05-2024, 06:11 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Not triggered, amused. Highly.
Why would I care what Uncle cleetus thinks of my interior design?

Old 04-05-2024, 11:15 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I myself like something more open.

Traditional floor plans feel constricted and “claustrophobic” to me. I also don’t particularly enjoy having rooms dictated to me. My dream would be to live in an entirely open warehouse, with appropriate privacy for bedrooms and bathrooms. I would much rather define my own spaces. Noises being cast across the house don’t bother me that much, and I like the flexibility to set my own spaces

I’m obviously not alone in that, and so I don’t think this “fad” is going anywhere.

I would like something like that too. Years ago when I cleaned houses to supplement my real income which wasn't enough to live on, I cleaned for a guy who owned a place like that. I'm not sure what the building was originally, but I loved what he did with it I always thought I'd like something like that, one great big space, that I could create areas any way I wanted.

Not counting the studio apartment I lived in for 7 years in my 20s lol. That was an open space, but not so much on the big.

But I do love my little old house, it is exactly what I was looking for: open plan in the living area, railroad rooms, 'secret stairway' leading to a little secret room upstairs and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating