Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 05:14 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,219,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer1976 View Post
Building permits were filed yesterday for construction of Topgolf-Greensboro. The permit lists this Topgolf as a two story 49,676 square foot complex. Also site plans were approved in December for a Main Event Entertainment next to the Top Golf. Main Event Entertainment centers are owned by Dave and Busters. So it could be either a Dave and Busters which is geared more towards adults or a Main Event Entertainment which is more family friendly.
Pretty cool. I do know main event centers have bowling alley but there is already a bowling alley called Spare time across the highway. Could be a Dave and Busters. Several TopGolfs around the country that are part of a multi-use development have a Dave and Busters. At least it is now verified how many levels the Top Golf will have.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 02-23-2023 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 04:48 PM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
Hmmm could a Dave and busters sustain 2 Greensboro locations?!? Me thinks that if it is a Dave ad Busters, then I bet they will pull out of and closed down the 4 seasons mall location.... Which would be another nail in the coffin for the mall..

Old 02-24-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
Hmmm could a Dave and busters sustain 2 Greensboro locations?!? Me thinks that if it is a Dave ad Busters, then I bet they will pull out of and closed down the 4 seasons mall location.... Which would be another nail in the coffin for the mall..
Actually Greensboro has no Dave and Busters. There is one in Winston-Salem. The place you are referring to at the mall is Round One Bowling which is like Dave and Busters but has bowling. Greensboro is considered the entertainment capital of the Triad so TopGolf and the entertainment venue will be a welcome addition.

Old 02-24-2023, 10:14 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,052,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer1976 View Post
Building permits were filed yesterday for construction of Topgolf-Greensboro. The permit lists this Topgolf as a two story 49,676 square foot complex. Also site plans were approved in December for a Main Event Entertainment next to the Top Golf. Main Event Entertainment centers are owned by Dave and Busters. So it could be either a Dave and Busters which is geared more towards adults or a Main Event Entertainment which is more family friendly.
Recently built was Top Golf Omaha at 48,295 sq ft. Like Greensboro it is two stories. It has 72 bays. I'd say I called it in the other thread.

I've only been once (to the VA Beach location) but had a lot of fun. Really looking forward to this!

Old 02-25-2023, 02:58 PM

The TopGolf development actually calls for two other entertainment venues. We know one could be a Dave and Busters but there is a second venue next to it. It will be interesting to see what it is. Other parcels in the plan show a restaurant/retail, gas station and hotel. Since Roy Carroll turned his Carroll South of Ballpark Aloft to an AC Hotel, I'd love to see Aloft become the flag for the hotel planned for the TopGolf development. The Triad is the only metro in the state without one (even Asheville and Wilmington have one) and this would be the perfect flag for the TopGolf development. TopGolf draws the millinieal crowd and Aloft is a hotel brand that attracts millinieals. I would have like to seen apartments included in the development instead of the gas station. It would have been nice if they included a little miniature golf course in the front of TopGolf like some of its facilities but there doesn't appear to be one in the plan. But I am relieved they aren't building the smaller one level TopGolf designed for small markets. They are more open and have less bling. It won't be a 3 level venue but I'll take the 2 level one. It's exactly like the 3 level ones with just one less floor. Its a fun place to go to hang out with friends or family.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 02-25-2023 at 03:17 PM..

Old 02-25-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The TopGolf development actually calls for two other entertainment venues. We know one could be a Dave and Busters but there is a second venue next to it. It will be interesting to see what it is. Other parcels in the plan show a restaurant/retail, gas station and hotel. Since Roy Carroll turned his Carroll South of Ballpark Aloft to an AC Hotel, I'd love to see Aloft become the flag for the hotel planned for the TopGolf development. The Triad is the only metro in the state without one (even Asheville and Wilmington have one) and this would be the perfect flag for the TopGolf development. TopGolf draws the millinieal crowd and Aloft is a hotel brand that attracts millinieals. I would have like to seen apartments included in the development instead of the gas station. It would have been nice if they included a little miniature golf course in the front of TopGolf like some of its facilities but there doesn't appear to be one in the plan. But I am relieved they aren't building the smaller one level TopGolf designed for small markets. They are more open and have less bling. It won't be a 3 level venue but I'll take the 2 level one. It's exactly like the 3 level ones with just one less floor. Its a fun place to go to hang out with friends or family.
https://topgolf.com/us/omaha/

Click the gallery and I think this will be quite similar to what we end up with. It's obviously not quite as big as the three story venues in VA Beach, Charlotte, and bigger markets. But a one level venue would have been a downer.

As for A-Loft, IMO this area is a better fit for them than downtown anyway. Dave and Busters is almost certainly one if the two other entertainment ventures. I'm wondering what the other could be. Maybe something like a Cinebistro or Paragon Theaters?

Old 02-26-2023, 05:22 AM

36 posts, read 32,700 times
The Omaha comparison makes sense. The square footage of the Omaha location is 48,295. The square footage of the GSO location is 49,676.

Old 03-08-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
https://topgolf.com/us/omaha/

Click the gallery and I think this will be quite similar to what we end up with. It's obviously not quite as big as the three story venues in VA Beach, Charlotte, and bigger markets. But a one level venue would have been a downer.

As for A-Loft, IMO this area is a better fit for them than downtown anyway. Dave and Busters is almost certainly one if the two other entertainment ventures. I'm wondering what the other could be. Maybe something like a Cinebistro or Paragon Theaters?
A loft would look good in that area! I'd be surprised if a movie theater of any type would appear this day and age. Especially with that crazy new seat pricing that one company is doing, where your price depends on what seating area you choose. I wonder what the age demographic of a mover goer is these days. I wonder if it is something that will die off like roller skating. Which brings me to a question, I'm 41 and don't hear my nephews talk about roller skating. But that might just be them lol.. do younger people still go roller skating?!?

Old 03-08-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
A loft would look good in that area! I'd be surprised if a movie theater of any type would appear this day and age. Especially with that crazy new seat pricing that one company is doing, where your price depends on what seating area you choose. I wonder what the age demographic of a mover goer is these days. I wonder if it is something that will die off like roller skating. Which brings me to a question, I'm 41 and don't hear my nephews talk about roller skating. But that might just be them lol.. do younger people still go roller skating?!?
Actually, I think this is just the kind of market where a company like Cinebistro would do well. I think the days of simply going to the movies, sitting in a seat, and munching on popcorn/soda may be fading. But I think the market is migrating towards making going to the movies "an experience" (a necessary migration given the direction movie ticket prices are going). Sure, movie-goers still have the option to buy a (higher priced) ticket and munch on popcorn and soda as they did in the past. But with the more premium prices we are seeing these days just to get in the door (not that they were cheap before either), providing more premium services is a key.

With the theater recently closing down by Four Seasons, IMO it would make sense. These theaters typically provide more entertainment than simply going to the movies. They usually incorporate bowling, larger scale arcades (probably not so necessary in this case if D&B will be next door), premium food options (when I went to a Cinebistro a while back, I had Ribs with Dr. Pepper sauce), a full bar etc. The seats are typically far more comfortable than the simple padded seats (usually they're leather/pleather, recline, are larger, etc). IMO, something like this would complement D&B well.

I'm drawing a blank on other possible entertainment ideas that are as large as this appears to be. I thought about IFly, but those locations appear to be about 4-6K square feet which appears to be far smaller than what we're looking at here.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Actually, I think this is just the kind of market where a company like Cinebistro would do well. I think the days of simply going to the movies, sitting in a seat, and munching on popcorn/soda may be fading. But I think the market is migrating towards making going to the movies "an experience" (a necessary migration given the direction movie ticket prices are going). Sure, movie-goers still have the option to buy a (higher priced) ticket and munch on popcorn and soda as they did in the past. But with the more premium prices we are seeing these days just to get in the door (not that they were cheap before either), providing more premium services is a key.

With the theater recently closing down by Four Seasons, IMO it would make sense. These theaters typically provide more entertainment than simply going to the movies. They usually incorporate bowling, larger scale arcades (probably not so necessary in this case if D&B will be next door), premium food options (when I went to a Cinebistro a while back, I had Ribs with Dr. Pepper sauce), a full bar etc. The seats are typically far more comfortable than the simple padded seats (usually they're leather/pleather, recline, are larger, etc). IMO, something like this would complement D&B well.

I'm drawing a blank on other possible entertainment ideas that are as large as this appears to be. I thought about IFly, but those locations appear to be about 4-6K square feet which appears to be far smaller than what we're looking at here.
Ok, I could see where a Cinebistro would work , provided the food is good and no so so... I have never ate at one, but if I'm paying a high price tag for food I want it to be good. Or otherwise I'd go to a local restaurant to eat before the movie !Also.. is this aera using part of the old Macy's building. I can't remember what has become of that or if it's still there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point