Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2024, 09:38 PM

1,669 posts, read 1,496,515 times

Advertisements

Reposting this to not get everybody lost in previously discussed details
We expect a eventual foreclosure sale of the deceased's home
No estate process has ever been opened to manage the estate.There is too much debt.
It appears the mortgaged home is in pre forclosure. Saw it online
We are sole heirs of the deceased's estate. We have abondoned it.
Can it ever be safe for us to make a offer at the expected eventual public foreclosure sale?
There is a lot of debt other than mortgages on the home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 06:14 PM

7,299 posts, read 4,659,101 times
I would seek the advice of a real estate attorney. Are you the 2 brothers that are living in the house and your wife threw you out for giving him a car?

Old 03-08-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I would seek the advice of a real estate attorney. Are you the 2 brothers that are living in the house and your wife threw you out for giving him a car?
No, nothing like that. We, neither of us, ever lived there. We wouldn't live there

Old 03-08-2024, 05:57 PM

6,947 posts, read 4,953,194 times
If you wouldn't live there, why would you want to bid on the house? What do you mean by "can it ever be safe?"

Old 03-10-2024, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
If you wouldn't live there, why would you want to bid on the house? What do you mean by "can it ever be safe?"
It could be income property, rented. We have our own house, no reason to move.
Worried about getting stuck with debts of the deceased homeowner.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM

8,578 posts, read 12,480,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
Unless you co-signed on some of their loans you should stop worrying.

Old 04-12-2024, 04:18 PM

Police have arrested all the occupants of the home. Something about maintaining a public nuisance. There had been numerous arrests of individuals there over time. Police contacted us, as the only relatives of the deceased owner. before they took this action. They say the house is in bad shape.
I thought I might go over there when everybody's out, to see if there's anything to salvage. but now I just don't want to bother with it. I want to see what becomes of the home, but I don't have to have anything to do with it.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

3,239 posts, read 2,461,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
First off I don't know why you never filed the estate. The heirs are never responsible for the debt of the deceased provided they are not on any mortgages or other debt. What occurs is that all debt is paid from the balance of whatever is left, house and contents sold. If it doesn't cover all of the debt too bad for them not you.

Old Today, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
First off I don't know why you never filed the estate. The heirs are never responsible for the debt of the deceased provided they are not on any mortgages or other debt. What occurs is that all debt is paid from the balance of whatever is left, house and contents sold. If it doesn't cover all of the debt too bad for them not you.
Than why do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs