Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 08:10 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times

Advertisements

I saw a condo for sale as a "pre-foreclosure". It's asking for $450K but under the pre-foreclosure information it listed outstanding payment as $18K and the original loan was just under $250K.

My question is what's a good offer to buy this property? Is there an advantage to offer to buy with "all cash"? If so, will the bank consider an all cash offer for the original loan balance? I am thinking by-pass my buyer agent and reach out directly to the listing agent so he gets both ends of commission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 09:03 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Is pre- foreclosure simply a version of potentially “coming soon”? The houses aren’t even for sale in my limited opinion. Are we just being invited to seek out the owner to see if they would be interested in selling?

Old 09-07-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
Is pre- foreclosure simply a version of potentially “coming soon”? The houses aren’t even for sale in my limited opinion. Are we just being invited to seek out the owner to see if they would be interested in selling?
Well, it's listed on Zillow with a listing agent contact information.

Old 09-07-2020, 03:12 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I saw a condo for sale as a "pre-foreclosure". It's asking for $450K but under the pre-foreclosure information it listed outstanding payment as $18K and the original loan was just under $250K.

My question is what's a good offer to buy this property?

That's for you to decide based on your investigation of nearby property sales comparables.

Quote:
Is there an advantage to offer to buy with "all cash"?

There's always an advantage to buy with all cash.

Quote:
If so, will the bank consider an all cash offer for the original loan balance?

Huh? The bank's not involved at this point. You'd be dealing with the homeowner and/or the homeowner's agent.

Read this:

https://www.zillow.com/foreclosures/...sure-property/

Quote:
I am thinking by-pass my buyer agent and reach out directly to the listing agent so he gets both ends of commission.

You'd better read your buyer agent agreement carefully to make sure that doesn't put you in breach of contract.

Old 09-07-2020, 04:50 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
So I looked online for an answer to your question. Pre-forclosure means only that the owners (and public) have been notified that they are behind on their mortgage payments and the lender will be starting to take action. The house is not for sale. It might never be for sale. And it will take a while to get foreclosed, while up to the last minute the owner might be able to catch up on payments.

I suspect the "agent" is not the owner's agent at all, just someone fishing for clients in general.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
That's for you to decide based on your investigation of nearby property sales comparables.

There's always an advantage to buy with all cash.

Huh? The bank's not involved at this point. You'd be dealing with the homeowner and/or the homeowner's agent.

Read this:
https://www.zillow.com/foreclosures/...sure-property/

You'd better read your buyer agent agreement carefully to make sure that doesn't put you in breach of contract.
Interesting. I did not realize a pre-foreclosure is not an offer to sell.

Why did someone put this information out if they're not interested in selling?

Old 09-09-2020, 11:36 AM

116 posts, read 143,485 times
Zillow collects and publishes that info so they can collect buyer leads to sell to agents. The seller is not advertising his home as a "pre-foreclosure" .

Old 09-27-2020, 07:36 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Well, it's listed on Zillow with a listing agent contact information.
I'd call a realtor and research the market. If the market is getting, say, 93% of asking price. I'd probably go with a little lower than than to start.

Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 PM

71 posts, read 80,592 times
Pre-Foreclosure houses are not for sale. It’s a marketing ploy from Zillow.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:42 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:

My question is what's a good offer to buy this property? Is there an advantage to offer to buy with "all cash"? If so, will the bank consider an all cash offer for the original loan balance? I am thinking by-pass my buyer agent and reach out directly to the listing agent so he gets both ends of commission.
Pre-foreclosure is a tactic to gain more names into their database that they can then exploit, sell, and cold call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs