Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times

Advertisements

Florida is amongst the most desireable States to live in, so its attracting the top 1%'ers.

Hawaii's nice, but it's remote.

Cali's got high taxes, lots of homeless, & infrastructure issues, but it still remains attractive to the very wealthy.

NYC is in a downward spiral, & the top 1% are leaving there.

Florida's the "it" place for the elite right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

20,800 posts, read 8,625,192 times
I'd always read that the richest counties were those just outside of Washington DC

Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM

21,660 posts, read 31,297,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'd always read that the richest counties were those just outside of Washington DC
That’s fairly misleading. The suburbs of DC are generally two high income earners and not exotically wealthy like you’d find in Miami, NY and LA. It’s a pretty solidly upper middle class area without a lot of impoverished cities to lower each county’s average.

Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That is true, but this article takes it down to the neighborhood/hamlet/street level...Rodeo Drive, Flamingo Rd., Worth Avenue...much smaller areas than entire Counties.

Old Today, 12:33 AM

20,800 posts, read 8,625,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I grew up in Miami and the streets there that regularly flood now at high tide and during rains NEVER used to flood when I was growing up.......But I guess the journalists, meteorologists, politicians and the insurance companies, who are FLEEING Florida's flooding/storm issues, are all wrong!

https://www.miamitodaynews.com/2024/...ight-flooding/

Population increase without the necessary infrastructure to accommodate. They are building more high density apartment buildings near my neighborhood, replacing small apartment buildings. As a result there is constant construction tearing up streets to replace sewer, water and drainage pipes that are nearly a century old.

Changing weather patterns have more to do with geoengineering and weather modification, in addition to solar cycles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida