Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 07:59 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times

Advertisements

A number of people told me Page was a dump, but when i visited last year it seemed decent enough. It's near some great tourist areas. The town itself seemed to be pleasant with a lot of Native Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2024, 04:24 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
I've been there once, mainly to visit the dam and Horseshoe Bend. Seemed nice enough for a small, remote town.

RM

Last edited by MortonR; 03-10-2024 at 05:10 PM..

Old 03-31-2024, 04:20 PM

157 posts, read 567,964 times
I lived in Page for six years before moving to Flagstaff. Avoid the area around the airport. It's full of roaches and tweakers. The further from the airport the better.

Old 04-01-2024, 08:54 AM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
I was up there for work on a "luxury subdivision" they are putting up outside town with 95k dollar quarter acre lots. It's in the middle of absolutely nowhere, the crime rate is abnormally high, it's on an indian reservation, it has no local economy beyond the lake and property values are 250$ a foot for anything worth living in.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:16 PM

5,975 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiringGuru2 View Post
I was up there for work on a "luxury subdivision" they are putting up outside town with 95k dollar quarter acre lots. It's in the middle of absolutely nowhere, the crime rate is abnormally high, it's on an indian reservation, it has no local economy beyond the lake and property values are 250$ a foot for anything worth living in.
I would think the location would have a major effect on costs, both material and labor.

RM

Old 04-01-2024, 08:21 PM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I would think the location would have a major effect on costs, both material and labor.

RM

Not really. It's a couple hours from Flagstaff, not on the dark side of the Moon

Personally 1) middle of nowhere 2) no local industry 3) high per capita crime 4) indian reservation land wouldn't be my first pick if I were spending 750k dollars but then I've worked on multi million dollar luxury houses that were on solar and hauled their water so I guess it makes sense to some people:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Old 04-03-2024, 02:41 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
There is nothing appealing about Page. You're better off going to Zion National Park and St George. At least there is stuff to do and it has similar if not better scenery.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:34 AM

1,848 posts, read 867,463 times
We made a special trip to Page when we stayed in Flagstaff as our "base". We toured Upper Antelope Canyon and checked out the Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell. Went to Horseshoe Bend on the way back.

But it's definitely not somewhere I'd want to live for any length of time. With it being part of the Navajo nation, it's quite a poor area.

Old 04-06-2024, 08:12 AM

157 posts, read 567,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
We made a special trip to Page when we stayed in Flagstaff as our "base". We toured Upper Antelope Canyon and checked out the Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell. Went to Horseshoe Bend on the way back.

But it's definitely not somewhere I'd want to live for any length of time. With it being part of the Navajo nation, it's quite a poor area.
The Navajo Nation border surrounds Page, and the Navajo village of Lechee adjoins Page to the south. Lechee is on-reservation while the city of Page is off-reservation. If you live there you realize this is more of a technicality. Myself, I enjoy the sense of humor and hospitality of the Navajo people. There is some living with the old culture that they endure. The rest of the city is a mixture of welcoming and unwelcoming people.

I don't rate my experience in Page poorly, but not strongly either. There were always places to go and get out. The Smoky Mountains and Alstrom Point in Glen Canyon NRA is underrated. Anglers love the lake, of course. Services are slim, but not entirely missing. Do stay away from the airport though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona