Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 8,325 times

Advertisements

Was stationed at Ft. Wainwright (47th Engineer Co.) from Oct. '73 to Oct. '76 and it was the best three years of my life. Does anyone remember a club in Moose Creek called Telons Too (sp?)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 PM

5 posts, read 18,161 times
I don't REALY remember the club on moose creak.but it may come to me later.I would like to talk to any one that was there .I was there from Oct 73 to Nov 77 . lot o good memory's.47th eng.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:11 PM

My name is VICTOR LASHLEY I was in 47th eng from Oct 74 to oct77. I hauled heavy equipment.5 ton and10 ton tractors 25ton low boys.I HAD LOTS OF GOOD TIMES THERE.I WOULD REALY LIKE TO TALK TO ANYONE THAT WAS THERE ARROUND THAT TIME.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,325 times
Default Hi Victor,

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse haller View Post
My name is VICTOR LASHLEY I was in 47th eng from Oct 74 to oct77. I hauled heavy equipment.5 ton and10 ton tractors 25ton low boys.I HAD LOTS OF GOOD TIMES THERE.I WOULD REALY LIKE TO TALK TO ANYONE THAT WAS THERE ARROUND THAT TIME.
Yes I remember you. My name is Richard Hart and i was a Spec 5 dozer operator, Sgt. Smith's platoon. If I remember right, you are from Missouri. You must remember Bill(?) Reid who drove a 10-ton too. He once let me drive the 10-ton hauling my cat from Eielson AFB back to our motor pool. Do you remember "DJ" DeJulio? He stayed in the area after his discharge 76-77(?) and lived in Moose Creek which was about 20 miles or so down the Richardson Highway, beyond North Pole. Sadly, he passed away, at home (Moose Creek), in Dec. 1995. He and I were roommates for part of 1975 up on the third floor of the barracks. He was a great guy and roommate. It makes me sad to think he only had 45 years of life. We were the same age, born in 1950. Would like to hear more from you Vic. If you would, when you have a chance, please type some lines and tell me how you have been, where your living now, and, of course any thoughts and memories of "the good old days" in Fairbanks.

Hope all is well with you,
Richard

Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 PM

Hi richard.boy it makes me feel so good to here from you.i remeber you well.you was a good dozer operater.yes i remember bill reed i continued driving trucks after i got out in 1977.oct.i was always on the look out for him every time i went thew tenn because that is where he was from.im pretty suree i rember d.j.your buddy if im not mistaken didint he wear glasse and kind of heavy set.he was going to stay in alaska and homestead.he was a real good guy.i remember him talking about looking for goid.had a job waiting for him.that is realy a shame he only made it to 45.that saddens me.i also remember sargent smith was a good man easy to get along with.i remember arikson and and when he took off down the highway after his girl friend.i cant remember if he caught her or not.john amidon was my good friend also.i realy miss all you guys.that was a part of my life that i always carried with me.i sure hope your doing well.i remember how easy going you were.you will always be in my thoughts.your fiend victor....

Old 04-22-2016, 09:03 PM

Richard i still live in mo.i had 3kids and have 6 grand kids.i am retired now at 63.life for me was a little bumpy.but i made through to this point.with pretty good health.i sure hope everything is fine for you.i lived on the old family farm for a lot of the time messed with cattle a nd horses and drove trucks.my address is victor lashley 4548 hwy143 des arc mo.63636.i remember talking to one of your friends about when they changef the d7 dozer from cable lift to hidralic.if i remember right you was dicussing with him operating dozers in veitnam.do you remember hazen pyle.dozer operator.i was always halling his dozer like you and bill.any way i would let him drive the truck and he would let my run the dozer on some of the rough work .i acually got pretty good at it. Any way he was from either virginia or west virginia.i tryed to locait him about month ago was unseccessful.but wouldnt it be swell for all of us to reach each other on hear.just reaching you brings me lots of happiness.you take care of your self. ..victor...

Old 04-22-2016, 09:14 PM

RICHARD MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS lashley.victor@yahoo..com I THINK YOU CAN FRIEND ME ON FACE BOOK.I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL IN VALLEY PARK MO. ...VICTOR.

Old 05-13-2023, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYGUNWASP View Post
Yes I remember you. My name is Richard Hart and i was a Spec 5 dozer operator, Sgt. Smith's platoon. If I remember right, you are from Missouri. You must remember Bill(?) Reid who drove a 10-ton too. He once let me drive the 10-ton hauling my cat from Eielson AFB back to our motor pool. Do you remember "DJ" DeJulio? He stayed in the area after his discharge 76-77(?) and lived in Moose Creek which was about 20 miles or so down the Richardson Highway, beyond North Pole. Sadly, he passed away, at home (Moose Creek), in Dec. 1995. He and I were roommates for part of 1975 up on the third floor of the barracks. He was a great guy and roommate. It makes me sad to think he only had 45 years of life. We were the same age, born in 1950. Would like to hear more from you Vic. If you would, when you have a chance, please type some lines and tell me how you have been, where your living now, and, of course any thoughts and memories of "the good old days" in Fairbanks.

Hope all is well with you,
Richard
That DeJulio you mention was my half brother Bruce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks