Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times

Advertisements

Have you ever considered you would have been in worse pain and therefore worse off physically if you did not have the surgery?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Oh I've considered that for many yrs now. The only pain I don't have is GROIN pain which was a bunch of jagged bone spurs. My good friend says I'm so much worse off now since I do so much less than before. But I did it. Just the Nerve Damage is major and affects knee and as I've said I limp and waddle.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:37 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
To set the record right, no where did I ever mention my surgeon was rushing to go play golf. I said he was probably in a hurry to end his week and get on with time off. I thought of so many reasons why I was left with this mess I live with. He does good work basically. And I see it as a sloppy job, but I do hear some 15% end up with NERVE damage from the anterior approach surgery. The patients work to live with the damage...surgeons continue on doing these jobs weekly.
Your assumption is that he was in a hurry and did a sloppy job, golf or no golf. The fact is that complications can happen even when the surgery is done perfectly. Could the complication just possibly have been because you had a messed up hip to begin with? How long did your surgery take?

Surgeons typically have blocks of surgery time allotted by the operating room administrator. They try to fill their blocks, because it can be hard to get time on other days when blocks are assigned to other surgeons. That also means that they do not usually plan recreational activities on their operating days.

What did you talk about when you signed the consent form for the surgery? Were the pros and cons of different approaches discussed?

We are all sorry you had less than perfect results from your surgery, but your experience is not typical, as you have been told repeatedly.

Unless you have proof - not "probably" - that he rushed in order to "get on with time off" perhaps you should just stop repeating your assumptions in thread after thread. Just because your surgery was done on a Friday afternoon does not mean the surgeon did a bad job.

Edited to add:

It appears that some nerve problems after hip replacement may be due to inflammation, not surgical injuries.

http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/di...-inflammation/

Note that this is relatively new finding and not information your surgeon would have had when you were operated on.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 09-28-2016 at 02:48 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 06:46 PM

It's Femoral Nerve Damage:

Femoral nerve damage after THR. Thread discussing Femoral nerve damage after THR | Patient

Here is more info on the Pros and Cons of the 2 approaches for hip replacement:

http://holycrossleonecenter.com/blog...rect-anterior/

And I'll say what I feel I need to say when I talk. No one is forced to read my info and if my info doesn't suit one, they can ignore. Thanks.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-28-2016 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-28-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
And I'll say what I feel I need to say when I talk. No one is forced to read my info and if my info doesn't suit one, they can ignore. Thanks.

Of course. It's the same with everyone here.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:54 PM

Of course, it goes for everyone. I don't appreciate a third degree from some on what I post.

BTW: Mikala, I bought an heirloom, kinda smallish for $1.44 and I'll eat it tomorrow with my breakfast.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:27 PM

Accusations made anonymously and with no facts have no credibility.

So whoever DMd might want to keep that in mind.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:02 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Of course, it goes for everyone. I don't appreciate a third degree from some on what I post.

BTW: Mikala, I bought an heirloom, kinda smallish for $1.44 and I'll eat it tomorrow with my breakfast.
I can tell you something Jamin.... you know a hell of a lot more than any doctor Ive visited since having my illness back in the 60s... no one has showed any interest and the latest new doc I had five years ago put his head down and said..... We just dont know enough to help..... charming.. so what do we do..... WE HELP ourselves and get help.. thank you jaminhealth..

Old 09-29-2016, 05:09 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Your assumption is that he was in a hurry and did a sloppy job, golf or no golf. The fact is that complications can happen even when the surgery is done perfectly. Could the complication just possibly have been because you had a messed up hip to begin with? How long did your surgery take?

Surgeons typically have blocks of surgery time allotted by the operating room administrator. They try to fill their blocks, because it can be hard to get time on other days when blocks are assigned to other surgeons. That also means that they do not usually plan recreational activities on their operating days.

What did you talk about when you signed the consent form for the surgery? Were the pros and cons of different approaches discussed?

We are all sorry you had less than perfect results from your surgery, but your experience is not typical, as you have been told repeatedly.

Unless you have proof - not "probably" - that he rushed in order to "get on with time off" perhaps you should just stop repeating your assumptions in thread after thread. Just because your surgery was done on a Friday afternoon does not mean the surgeon did a bad job.

Edited to add:

It appears that some nerve problems after hip replacement may be due to inflammation, not surgical injuries.

Mayo Clinic News Network

Note that this is relatively new finding and not information your surgeon would have had when you were operated on.
How does one get proof... do we ask the nurse with the surgeoun or another doctor.. who are you kidding... my granddaughter age 14 was taken into hospital last new years eve at ten oclock as she had passed out in the house after exertion... she takes severe migraines but no one knew what was wrong. she was rushed into hospital and the doctor who came in had her coat on ready to leave... but looked at the chart and said there wasnt another doctor there to do a spinal tap .. but she would do it... but then she said... We wont need to freeze the spot as it will take longer... she botched up the whole thing causing bloody loss , got her coat and rushed off to her party or wherever she was going... next day my granddaughter had to have it done again.. as there had been such a mess made of it.... this child had to endure all that pain again and the doctor kept apologising for what shed had to go through.... but who blames that doctor... only us it seems.. as she was neglegent and caused my granddaughter extreme pain and stress.. just hope she never gets her hands on another child when shes in a hurry..

Old 09-29-2016, 05:19 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
How does one get proof... do we ask the nurse with the surgeoun or another doctor.. who are you kidding... my granddaughter age 14 was taken into hospital last new years eve at ten oclock as she had passed out in the house after exertion... she takes severe migraines but no one knew what was wrong. she was rushed into hospital and the doctor who came in had her coat on ready to leave... but looked at the chart and said there wasnt another doctor there to do a spinal tap .. but she would do it... but then she said... We wont need to freeze the spot as it will take longer... she botched up the whole thing causing bloody loss , got her coat and rushed off to her party or wherever she was going... next day my granddaughter had to have it done again.. as there had been such a mess made of it.... this child had to endure all that pain again and the doctor kept apologising for what shed had to go through.... but who blames that doctor... only us it seems.. as she was neglegent and caused my granddaughter extreme pain and stress.. just hope she never gets her hands on another child when shes in a hurry..
I am sorry your granddaughter had such a bad experience. My son had so many spinal taps with his leukemia treatment that we lost count of the number.

The other poster has provided no evidence her surgery was rushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals