Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 02:26 AM

28 posts, read 25,767 times

Advertisements

Do excersise daily and dont eat more in night and take sweet daily small .. and dont take heavy food in the evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 09:58 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,709,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACHELALLAN View Post
Do excersise daily and dont eat more in night and take sweet daily small .. and dont take heavy food in the evening.
I am working toward it. I am happy with my dinner, light yogurt/oatmeal/hummus with bread. Except for the occasional visit to my mom when she won't let me leave without heavy meal or hangout with friends where I am bombarded with fries and burger. Most days I am ok.

Exercising daily hasn't happened. Right now I am trying to keep 3-4days a week and that seems to be a challenge. I need to set myself in a position with daily is the norm

Old 03-19-2017, 04:08 PM

83 posts, read 82,287 times
Weather is getting better! Any updates?

Old 03-30-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwelder View Post
Weather is getting better! Any updates?
thanks, I did not know anyone was reading my post Feels great to write update when you know others check up on you here and there

Today I weighted 158.2 lbs supper happy.. Progress is always good

I actually weighted 156.8 lbs last Wednesday. After spending a month being stuck at 160, I finally saw downward movement last week. I prayed it was not one time fluke. Then the weight went down next day and even more down to the point I went to 156. I was super excited but that was the day I went on my vacation to Florida. Of course I gained weight during the trip between having Key Lime pie in Key West and Cuban and Spanish flan in Miami along with lot of food. I came back from my vacation weighting 161 This was Sunday. As I get back to my normal routine, the weight has been dropping slowly.

I made some changes in last few weeks, mostly in my diet. I still walk 10,000 steps per day and go to gym 2-3 times a week. I dropped fitness class for now & am doing cardio on my own. Zumba is just not working for me. In terms of diet, I incorporated grapefruit in my lunch. I eat half grapefruit at lunch & the other half for my 3pm snack. I don't eat everyday but it is with me most days. I also realize I been eating way too much granola with my yogurt thinking its healthy. My granola to yogurt ratio is 1:1, which is not good. Sometimes I eat more granola than yogurt. As soon as I realize, can't believe it took me over a year to realize this basic concept, I have cut down on my granola & am trying very hard to eat dinner by 8. Those simple things have helped. I hope this continues.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:34 PM

Last week sucked. between working till 8pm on project that probably isn't worth it but stupid me is still putting in all that time & having a birthday party & few work lunch. I can't resist munching on food. I promise to pick myself back up this coming week. I got myself grapefruit to eat with my lunch. That seems to help keep it all together. Somehow eating this fruit is a reminder of wanting to be healthy & not to F up

Back to 160

Old 04-14-2017, 05:29 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
what wt did you start at (you probably posted it, but I didn't review all the pages)....

I've lost 20 lbs over the last few years, slowly gradually .....bad diet mostly.....just recently (last 3-4 months), I've cut down to nearly zero all soda, including diet....I think that has assisted me, next goal is to remove artificial sweeteners which I've done for the most part except with green tea daily.....portion control is another big issue for me that I'm trying to tackle.

wt loss has got to be for you and you alone.....keep it up.....

unfortunately stress has a huge role (cortisol release, anxiety eating), I have no excuses since I'm no longer working (retired)....

again, keep it up and good luck

Old 04-20-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
what wt did you start at (you probably posted it, but I didn't review all the pages)....

again, keep it up and good luck
I actually did not mention my initial weight in this thread. I was too embarrassed by my weight to type it even for strangers to read. My first 2 page talks about losing X-2lbs but never saying what X is. I finally gave in & wrote my initial weight few page down. I

Starting weight 2/1/2016: 177.2lb
Todays weight 4/20/2017: 159.6lb

Not bad, but I have been frustrated last 2 months because I been 160 +/-1lbs. I lose a lb, once I lost 3lbs but then I gained it back. I can't shake it off this plateau. Of course part of it is my fault. Between vacation, lot of parties on weekends & recovering from cold. I have not been following any plan properly. But I am back!!

Back to tracking my food intake, weighting myself every morning. Back to gym every other day, back to yoga once a week & cycle/running. Back to packing my lunch with big bowl of salad & whole wheat bread sandwich and meatless days. Back to grapefruit & other fruits & light dinner. Back to mid-afternoon snack of green tea & chamomile tea before dinner. Back to listening to health related YouTube video & bombard my free time with health related items so I don't forget my goals. I have a plan, lets see

Old 04-20-2017, 12:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
I find I hit a plateau then start losing a couple lbs. I'm doing a lot of fitness classes that helps. But today I'm at a baseball game and enjoying a couple of beers etc....will work extra hard tomorrow though....I look at it as a long term project.....gotta stop fasting and punishing myself all the time..

Old 04-24-2017, 08:01 AM

This weekend was great. I spent almost 4 hours at the gym. But I also had 3 parties to attend. I did not overindulge & I thought I did good considering I was surrounded by food. I choose yogurt over ice cream. I skipped on chips and other fried food in favor of salad during appetizer. And I sampled all the food (one party was pot luck) so I sampled all food with tea spoon to not end up with too much. So I did good but 3 parties still means more food than normal. So the workout helped. I am also drinking apple cider vinegar once a day. I heard it is suppose to help. I also made plans with my friend to run 5K in September. I have walked few 5K but never ran.

So far good going but weight is still same. Not moving. Maybe I should start measuring my self in inches. I am sure inches came off but I am not tracking it

Old 04-26-2017, 08:17 AM

weighted in at 157.6lb for 2 days in row. Have I weighted this low before only to bounce back up in a day or 2, YES. So I am cautious but I went to my mom's last night & as usual had to eat rice and my weight still stayed same. Maybe the apple cider vinegar in morning is helping. Maybe the 12K steps/day is helping or me giving up chips. Or maybe this is just a temporary dip, I hope not. Lets seem, I am happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals