Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

21,792 posts, read 28,153,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^This gave me a huge laugh!
Ha, same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,154,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
A co-worker from Madison got stuck for over an hour this morning. Called me at 6am from the car and said there was a big giant ball of fire at the overpass. I'm like what do you want me to do.
He and some others cars ended up going the wrong way back down the on-ramp to get off the highway.

You were supposed to offer support, not fix something. Typical dude!

Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I wouldn’t be surprised if this truck was cutoff by one of CTs autocross wannabe drivers. Probably a Bridgeport or Stratford resident on their way to an automotive or retail sector job in the Stamford area. I’d put money on it.
Until Saint Nedward gets His parish and Kingdom under control expect more incidences like this going forward.
Don’t discriminate on Bridgeport/Stratford, they’re allll over. Norwalk was always a big place for the “tuner” crowd.

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

To add insult to injury I was on Merritt in that area tonight and an 18 wheeler had the old can opener treatment on a bridge and was backing up southbound even more. What’s with trucks today?

Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM

6,954 posts, read 3,780,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Don’t discriminate on Bridgeport/Stratford, they’re allll over. Norwalk was always a big place for the “tuner” crowd.
The Norwalk tuner crowd lives right at or near that overpass near Exit 14 , you know that, so this was most likely one from further up the line. They could also have been Tunxis Hill tuners, maybe Milford or even the Havens or up the Valley.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

6,954 posts, read 3,780,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
You were supposed to offer support, not fix something. Typical dude!
I did. I told him to find Flax Hill road on GPS and follow it into Darien.
He really called to warn me not to get on 95 but I’m already past that point.

Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,018,984 times
One more reminder this area of CT needs another east-west controlled access highway. The quite frankly useless 7 Connector in Norwalk could had been of greater help if it was in an east-west axis (now that I think of it, I have never seen bumper-to-bumper traffic on that highway) and longer. Maybe at least from the NY border in Greenwich up to Bridgeport or New Haven. It would had been of great help at the moment.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM

34,970 posts, read 57,045,368 times
The state is going to take down the overpass. The fire warped the steel. They also have to repave the road. That’s how intense the heat was.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article...e-19434923.php

Fortunately, or should I say unfortunately, the state has experience with this. Just over a year ago there was a fiery crash on the southbound side of the Gold Star Bridge in New London.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...crash/3094105/

Then back in 2004 there was a similar crash and fire on I-95 in Bridgeport which took down the Howard Avenue bridge. It took six days to reopen the highway after that one.

https://www.constructionequipmentgui...-six-days/4416

Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The Norwalk tuner crowd lives right at or near that overpass near Exit 14 , you know that, so this was most likely one from further up the line. They could also have been Tunxis Hill tuners, maybe Milford or even the Havens or up the Valley.
They are everywhere including the tony towns. If you don’t think Jr. is driving recklessly in his gifted BMW…

Old Today, 04:38 AM

853 posts, read 512,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
The highway in Norwalk is shutdown till Monday at earliest both direction the Merrit parkway might be parking lot and Route 1 in Norwalk going be parking lot as well. It best to take train into NYC.
Thanks. I hadn't seen that it was closed all weekend, but I suspected it might be. Definitely getting on the train in West Haven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut