Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 08:03 AM

261 posts, read 143,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
I got a siding quote in 2021 and it was between $80k-$120k

But it was higher end materials and included all new trim, and the company had a lot of Westport, Darien, etc houses on their site despite being based in Stratford.

I plan to get another quote for Cedar Impressions vinyl but I’m in no rush.
What is the square footage? I’m also interested in Cedar Impressions for a 1600 sq ft cape. But I’m scared to get a quote now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2024, 08:04 AM

21,915 posts, read 28,322,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
What is the square footage? I’m also interested in Cedar Impressions for a 1600 sq ft cape. But I’m scared to get a quote now.
I don’t remember. Maybe 3500 square feet of siding? You’d definitely have a lot less.

Old 05-16-2024, 10:19 AM

7,946 posts, read 7,869,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Anyone still in the flipping game right now is either shrewd, desperate, or dumb. I suspect most are of the last category, but who knows if you can work the wholesaling for properties might eek out a profit.
I don't think flippers are bad people for the most part. I bought my house from one. Granted I knew what I was getting into and made some adjustments after the fact, nothing earth shattering. The house in question I found out had some serious issues that made it unlivable. The town will get much more in property taxes and values will go up. At the same point though I would argue that if there was some non profit helping people out with grants maybe it could have been maintained and not sold off for so much more but there's only so much towns can do.

Well today I checked listings and this is getting *really* crazy. I just saw a house get posted and just ELEVEN hours later it is already in pending status. I mean it isn't technically complete but not days here folks, hours! It is not a flip. Made in 2001 and the price is $550,000. Last sold in 2002 for $267,000

Old 05-16-2024, 09:35 PM

402 posts, read 183,800 times
If they can sell a house in 2 weeks like this one https://www.redfin.com/CT/Cheshire/2...operty-history then going pending in a few hours doesn't seem out of place.

Old 05-16-2024, 10:55 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,212,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I don't think flippers are bad people for the most part. I bought my house from one. Granted I knew what I was getting into and made some adjustments after the fact, nothing earth shattering. The house in question I found out had some serious issues that made it unlivable. The town will get much more in property taxes and values will go up. At the same point though I would argue that if there was some non profit helping people out with grants maybe it could have been maintained and not sold off for so much more but there's only so much towns can do.

Well today I checked listings and this is getting *really* crazy. I just saw a house get posted and just ELEVEN hours later it is already in pending status. I mean it isn't technically complete but not days here folks, hours! It is not a flip. Made in 2001 and the price is $550,000. Last sold in 2002 for $267,000
I don't think smart flippers are bad people at all, they can provide real value to areas and less than cared for properties. What I said were people flipping *right now* paying essentially retail prices for properties expecting premiums like it's last year. Basically right now if flippers are using realtors on the open marketwith literally any leverage they are fool hardy playing a very dangerous game... which with massive runups in land value is pretty common.

Old 05-17-2024, 09:02 AM

402 posts, read 183,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
I don't think smart flippers are bad people at all, they can provide real value to areas and less than cared for properties. What I said were people flipping *right now* paying essentially retail prices for properties expecting premiums like it's last year. Basically right now if flippers are using realtors on the open marketwith literally any leverage they are fool hardy playing a very dangerous game... which with massive runups in land value is pretty common.
I'm not sure what's your point. Houses are still sold over asking even with current rates.

Old 05-17-2024, 11:49 AM

7,946 posts, read 7,869,188 times
Another flip I see bought for 175K and now for sale 195K. Flipper is burned though. I can tell from the photos they gave up on the flooring, for some reason a hot water heater is in the kitchen?, the deck was partially replaced, a basement with no lights, mis matched carpet etc.

Old 05-17-2024, 01:13 PM

35,141 posts, read 57,292,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
You are correct.

I have not checked the Stratfield area in over a year so I took a look.

This is Real Estate gone WILD! This 2 bedroom ranch house is $575,000.
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/...d/pid_58964370

As you look through the pictures the nice ones are virtually staged. I am thinking you would need to spend at least $100,000 to get this decent to move in.

I put this on here because I want to see how much it finally sells for.
It sold for $537,000 which is $38,000 under asking. Since it sold so fast, I’m again guessing it’s an all cash deal by a builder and will be torn down for the lot.

https://www.bhhsneproperties.com/sin...field-ct-06825

Old 05-17-2024, 01:17 PM

21,915 posts, read 28,322,826 times
That's a dump. Hideous green. Has to be teardown.

I was thinking about teardowns recently.

We all know Westport will do them until every raised ranch and modest cape is replaced by a McMansion. Their local Westport Now blog used to do a "teardown of the day" feature. I think the blog is dead now, but the teardowns continue.

Fairfield has seen a lot of it too. Fairfield Beach area south of 1 continues to have them.

In Milford I used to only see teardowns in the coastal areas, but I'm seeing more elsewhere. I guess in these coastal towns where there's very few lots to develop, this trend will only continue.

Old 05-17-2024, 01:51 PM

7,164 posts, read 3,892,878 times
That's not a teardown guys , it's a downsize. New roof, paint and some trim work like the one next door and you're good to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut