Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2024, 10:55 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times

Advertisements

Per Steven Litt, looks like the end may be near after being disassembled and rusting away in a corner of the ore docks for decades. There was a real push in the days after they were dismantled (I remember the sight of the Save The Huletts float at the St Pat's parade) and a real community outcry, but it all seemed to get tied up in bureaucracy and fingerpointing and, finally, disinterest. As much a lesson in how to not follow through with community activism as it is a lesson in delays and procrastination and frustrating bureaucracy. If anything gets salvaged out of all of this, it will be nothing short of a miracle. The Port Authority is, sad to say, probably right about this: it's probably time to just let it go.
It's like having a rusted-out '55 Chevy on your property that no one has the time or ability or money to fix ("that could be really neat if someone stepped up and fixed it"). As much as you see the potential, after years and years of no one stepping up, you look out your window one rainy day and you decide then and there that you just want the thing out of your damn yard.
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024/...unloaders.html

Last edited by kpl1228; 02-02-2024 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2024, 11:41 AM

4,516 posts, read 5,090,184 times
These are a part of Cleveland's industrial history... I wish there was a way the WRHS could preserve the Huletts as they have the Euclid Beach merry-go-round, the old Cleveland Indians sign and (I believe) the old "Welcome To Cleveland" mural from inside Union Station, Terminal Tower.... But I'm guessing the Huletts, even one of them, may be too large for WRHS. What do you think?

Old 02-02-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
These are a part of Cleveland's industrial history... I wish there was a way the WRHS could preserve the Huletts as they have the Euclid Beach merry-go-round, the old Cleveland Indians sign and (I believe) the old "Welcome To Cleveland" mural from inside Union Station, Terminal Tower.... But I'm guessing the Huletts, even one of them, may be too large for WRHS. What do you think?
Even one of the loading buckets outdoors on the museum's front lawn with a sign. Something.
Everyone involved dropped the ball on this one. For years. On all sides.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:00 AM

A Hulett update:
https://www.cleveland.com/news/2024/...in-canton.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland