Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 10:24 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times

Advertisements

Surprised no thread yet...but what a season this has been...is there a better story in sports than what Joe Flacco is doing for our franchise? Last night was the first time I got to be at a game were we clinched a playoff spot since I was 8 years old back and 1987 and watched Bernie and the boys beat the Bengal to clinch a playoff bid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2023, 10:29 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Congrats on being at the game. I went to my first game at 9 years old in 1975 and have been a fan ever since.

I have seen many highs and lows for this team and I'm overwhelmed at the way they have literally defined "next man up."

I wish I could say DON'T CHANGE A THING...but I know that's not possible. Never would I have imagined Joe Flacco coming in and having such an impact. Never would I have imagined Bill Cowher talking about "my Cleveland Browns".

Still, I hold my breath a little! LOL

Old 01-09-2024, 02:59 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
This team is going right to the super bowl. Injuries apparently don't matter. Flacco is better than Watson ever was, and the front office is going to get a free pass when really they are fools paying Watson that much. Meanwhile Flacco is laughing all the way to the bank just having fun and still dominating.

Old 01-13-2024, 06:18 PM

4,517 posts, read 5,090,184 times
... maybe you meant the Toilet Bowl.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
This team is going right to the super bowl. Injuries apparently don't matter. Flacco is better than Watson ever was, and the front office is going to get a free pass when really they are fools paying Watson that much. Meanwhile Flacco is laughing all the way to the bank just having fun and still dominating.
Sounds like you have a real issue with DeShaun Watson. I hope it's just based on your assessment of his talent or lack thereof. Besides that, you sound way out to lunch.

Old 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Sounds like you have a real issue with DeShaun Watson. I hope it's just based on your assessment of his talent or lack thereof. Besides that, you sound way out to lunch.
I have a bigger issue with how horrible Cleveland's front office is with their thought process on the whole DeShaun Watson deal. I don't care if he sucks as long as he goes and sucks it up somewhere else.

A guy came off his couch and outperformed him in every way imaginable in the regular season.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
I have a bigger issue with how horrible Cleveland's front office is with their thought process on the whole DeShaun Watson deal. I don't care if he sucks as long as he goes and sucks it up somewhere else.

A guy came off his couch and outperformed him in every way imaginable in the regular season.
Why not deal with reality? The deal is over and done with -- 3 years ago. Watson is here to stay and Flacco is done in Cleveland. Get over it.

Flacco was very good and I applaud him for performing well for the final leg of a difficult relay race at QB to get us in, strong, to the playoff. But yesterday, Flacco failed with back-to-back pick-6 interceptions which ended the season right when, in the 3rd quarter, down 10 and driving; 1st & 10 at Houston's 35, flushed out of the pocket, he threw the stupidest, high-school level INT imaginable. No, it did not negate all Flacco has done, but it puts a serious damper on it and most assuredly guaranteed his exit from the team.

And, no, Flacco has NOT outplayed Watson "... in every imaginable way" in the regular season: a regular season in which Watson, battling several injuries all season (after losing Pro Bowler Nick Chubb in Game 2 in Pittsburgh), placed the team on a playoff trajectory in the first place, esp leading the Browns into very difficult Baltimore for one of the biggest regular season 'new' Browns victory ever. Your personal dislike for Watson, for whatever reason, is seriously clouding your judgment.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:43 AM

3,067 posts, read 8,405,839 times
31 - 14 against the Bengals

45 - 14 against the Texans

Aww Cmon now, not time for the Browns yet!

Old 01-15-2024, 02:40 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Why not deal with reality? The deal is over and done with -- 3 years ago. Watson is here to stay and Flacco is done in Cleveland. Get over it.

Flacco was very good and I applaud him for performing well for the final leg of a difficult relay race at QB to get us in, strong, to the playoff. But yesterday, Flacco failed with back-to-back pick-6 interceptions which ended the season right when, in the 3rd quarter, down 10 and driving; 1st & 10 at Houston's 35, flushed out of the pocket, he threw the stupidest, high-school level INT imaginable. No, it did not negate all Flacco has done, but it puts a serious damper on it and most assuredly guaranteed his exit from the team.

And, no, Flacco has NOT outplayed Watson "... in every imaginable way" in the regular season: a regular season in which Watson, battling several injuries all season (after losing Pro Bowler Nick Chubb in Game 2 in Pittsburgh), placed the team on a playoff trajectory in the first place, esp leading the Browns into very difficult Baltimore for one of the biggest regular season 'new' Browns victory ever. Your personal dislike for Watson, for whatever reason, is seriously clouding your judgment.
Would you like to enumerate the ways in which Watson outplayed Flacco? Because I can't think of any.

Old 01-16-2024, 07:25 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Well that was a quick trip!

Flacco was a great asset for the time he was here, but he is not THE ANSWER.

Is Watson? To be honest, I don't know. I don't think he's really played enough to know for sure. I think there have been lots of excuses for him and I look forward to see what he can do next year.

Although, the reality is, Cleveland's history with quarterbacks is embarrassing to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: