Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Oh really? I thought it was a lot more recent. I remember on Emporis.com (Skyscrapers.com) it was only around 2 years ago and they said a 1,100 ft building had been proposed for Cleveland, must have been a different one because you are talking 1992-ish now.
Yes, Ameritrust, the 1,100 footer, that was back in the early 90s. The Ameritrust Tower in Cleveland, the black building, is under new ownership, and there are huge plans to renovate the building into mixed use, and a new 13 story condo is planned to be built right next to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 01:07 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
I think the Terminal Tower has been under renovation for a while now. At least 3 or 4 years now if not more.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I think the Terminal Tower has been under renovation for a while now. At least 3 or 4 years now if not more.

Well, I was in downtown Cleveland extensively from January through October 2006, and they were working on it the whole time I was downtown.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Well, I was in downtown Cleveland extensively from January through October 2006, and they were working on it the whole time I was downtown.
Like I said before, it is actually a project that will go on for years, closing in on completion though. Lots of new ideas for this building, as well as cleaning up the top. This is one of America's largest mixed use projects still to this day. And only going to get bigger once the Convention Center gets underway.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:45 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
I was in downtown Cleveland taking pictures in early 2005 and they were working on the terminal tower then, and had been for a while. So yeah its been going on for a few years now at least.

The Terminal Tower is a very old building. It was built in 1928, and was the tallest building in North America (Outside of NYC) from then until 1964. The Key Tower is 948 ft tall, it is the tallest building in Ohio and the 17th tallest building in the US. The Terminal Tower is 708 ft. tall and is the 2nd tallest in Cleveland, and the 2nd tallest in Ohio: List of tallest buildings in Cleveland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-24-2008, 11:44 AM

181 posts, read 837,963 times
I got a chance to try out the bike lanes on Euclid between The Clinic and CSU yesterday and I have to say that it was extremely nice. I love how easy it is going to be to get between University Circle and Downtown when they finish in a couple of months.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1778 View Post
I got a chance to try out the bike lanes on Euclid between The Clinic and CSU yesterday and I have to say that it was extremely nice. I love how easy it is going to be to get between University Circle and Downtown when they finish in a couple of months.

Wow, they have those open already? Glad to hear how great they are. I can't wait for Euclid to open up, its going to look awesome.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 PM

181 posts, read 837,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Wow, they have those open already? Glad to hear how great they are. I can't wait for Euclid to open up, its going to look awesome.
Yes, they were open and great to ride on. Smooth sailing all the way into downtown.

Now, of course, this was a Saturday afternoon; car traffic was basically non-existent, and there weren't any buses running up and down Euclid yet. I suspect that things will be a bit different when everything is finished.

Overall, it is great progress for Cleveland's cyclists. There is still plenty of progress to be made, but you have to start somewhere.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion1778 View Post
Yes, they were open and great to ride on. Smooth sailing all the way into downtown.

Now, of course, this was a Saturday afternoon; car traffic was basically non-existent, and there weren't any buses running up and down Euclid yet. I suspect that things will be a bit different when everything is finished.

Overall, it is great progress for Cleveland's cyclists. There is still plenty of progress to be made, but you have to start somewhere.
Glad to hear it!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM

4 posts, read 20,928 times
I love to see my home city attempt a turn around. I love all the new projects along with the proposed ones! One proposed project was the addition of a slide of roof to the Browns stadium that would be awesome! Im happy to see the core of the city fix itself and rebuild! I might even move downtown if it gets to be as nice as planned! But i do have one question..do you think there will be any kind of tall tall buildings like key tower to be build in the future?? I would like to see Cleveland become a fortune 500 city like it used to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland