Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM

941 posts, read 3,912,534 times

Advertisements

I stumbled upon this thread following a link somewhere. What a fanastic story!

I searched for a Frank Burdel Jr and found a SS death index in Cuyahoga County, Ohio with a death year of 1993.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 AM

6 posts, read 31,335 times
Suethesza,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You can't imagine how much this means to me.
So, when we saw Sonny's car that day he had someone else in it. The chase started on West 100th street, close to my house. As I said before he had been circling our block for a while. We were setting outside on the porch watching him when the police closed in.
Sonny did not display any emotional problems in public. He acted like a typical teenager "badboy" of the time, wearing black leather, hair greased, walked with a swagger. He ran with a group of guys just like him.
The scar on his face was not a huge scar, and it did not really disfigure him as much as the story you quoted from stated.
I don't remember many details from the trial, although I do remember that he was to be in a juvenile facility until he turned 21, then he was to be sent to a federal facility.
I remember that when he was sent to jail, the whole neighborhood breathed a sigh of relief, as he had caused problems for us for quite a while. He was always stealing things from peoples garages.
Again, suethesaz, thank you for all your time and effort in this matter. I had tried to make the time to come back to Cleveland to research this myself, but have never been able to do so.
Thank you.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 PM

436 posts, read 1,648,583 times
Default ?

?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,915 times
I would think this info would provide a sense of closure...hope it did.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennowens View Post
Suethesza,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You can't imagine how much this means to me.
Were you related to him in any way? You just seem extremely insistent upon knowning information about some older kid you just knew from the neighborhood that did a horrible thing. Was there worry that this would happen again if he was out-like he'd find you?
Maybe I'm missing something....

Last edited by CityGrrl77; 11-21-2008 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: rephrasing

Old 11-24-2008, 09:03 AM

8 posts, read 41,587 times
My interest is that this happened in my old neighborhood. In the late 1980's I had a conversation with his sister. Things that were said during that conversation lead me to believe he did not change much after he got out of prison. It is one of those things that just kept coming back to me. Anytime I drive past Kiddie Park it reminds me of that day. I also like a good crime story. Though there is a death certificate from 1993 I believe he died more recently than that. It would be very unusual that after committing a murder with such violence as a juvenile that his life of crime ever ended. For him to be incarcerated as a juvenile at TICO he had to have some deep issues. There is always an underlying why ??? to every crime. What makes a person tick. What is a sociopath?? Can they be rehabilitated....I don't think so. I would be interested also on what ever happened to his family. Lots of kids get facial injuries it doesn't cause them to commit murders...It goes far deeper than that.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 AM

Well, I understand your curiosity, but he's dead. As in not coming back. I guess if he had committed any crimes after that initial one, it would have been in the news. Right? Find anything else? By the looks of this post, it seems as though no one could find much of anything.
Maybe he got the scar from falling off his bike or something
I have a scar on my knee but that didnt make me steal the cool eraser in art class in 1st grade. Bad things that people do - they arent always related to their childhood or what bodily imperfections they may have incurred when they were younger.

Is there ever an underlying why? Does there need to be? Some people are just crazy. It happened almost 50 years ago. He apparently died 15 years ago. I don't mean to be insensitive, but neither one of them are coming back. Just seems odd to me, thats all. Im am in no way related to this 'issue' nor was I even close to being born around that time, but I thought I would interject with some current reality.

They are both gone. It's over with. ...And Punt (you'll only get this if you listen to Maxwell on WMMS)

Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 AM

3 posts, read 9,180 times
Default 1960,s nurse murder

I also lived on W.100th and have more info if anyone is interested.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:07 AM

389 posts, read 805,168 times
Well, you might as well post it because the only reason I'm reading this thread is because you revived it from years back. Now I'm hooked so you have to spill.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,758 times
Yes, spill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland