Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 12:25 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,812,753 times

Advertisements

To each his/her own......

But, when I go out to eat, I like seeing people to take my order and to wait on me. That adds to the experience for me and as long as the food is to my liking and of good quality, it will have me coming back again. I always tip too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 02:09 PM

4,935 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
If a business can offset labor costs by improving productivity it can keep costs constant.

Or it may actually both increase productivity and lower prices to increase sales volumes thus driving competitors away.

There are many variables in running a business.

In this case, the business models of many restaurants will not survive the insanity; as margins are too small.

And what's next?, $20/hr for changing bed sheets in hotels?.

Old 11-02-2023, 02:22 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
In this case, the business models of many restaurants will not survive the insanity; as margins are too small.

And what's next?, $20/hr for changing bed sheets in hotels?.
And what if it is? If a business can make money paying their employees that rate, then good for them. Why do you care? You don't have to patronize any business if you don't want to.

Old 11-02-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
And what if it is? If a business can make money paying their employees that rate, then good for them. Why do you care? You don't have to patronize any business if you don't want to.

I care b/c if people are stupid enough to pay $18 for a combo meal, when the quality of said food is substandard; it indicates a serious lack of IQ in this nation...and a very wasteful economic model.
But, I would expect no less from politicians with little foresight; and even less fiscal management skill...who allow massive amounts of thefts to drive up retail costs even further.
Things must be really bad in your state, as a fairly well off friend financially of mine just moved here.
To Illinois of all places, which isn't run much better; and has a horrible climate.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I care b/c if people are stupid enough to pay $18 for a combo meal, when the quality of said food is substandard; it indicates a serious lack of IQ in this nation...and a very wasteful economic model.
But, I would expect no less from politicians with little foresight; and even less fiscal management skill...who allow massive amounts of thefts to drive up retail costs even further.
Things must be really bad in your state, as a fairly well off friend financially of mine just moved here.
To Illinois of all places, which isn't run much better; and has a horrible climate.
And if someone wants to pay that, it's their prerogative. Or do you feel you have the right to tell others how to behave and how to spend their money? Last I checked, Republicans weren't the most fiscally responsible people otherwise they wouldn't have voted to increase the debt limit 3 times with no spending limits just a few years ago.

And of course the 2nd half of your comment is a non sequitur.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:22 PM

3,267 posts, read 3,927,062 times
Minimum wage was never intended to support a family, it was intended to introduce teenagers to the work force.

Old 11-02-2023, 04:31 PM

612 posts, read 351,298 times
They know it will increase prices and raise unemployment

But it's a money grab for big labor who will then reelect these politicians

Old 11-07-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
And if someone wants to pay that, it's their prerogative. Or do you feel you have the right to tell others how to behave and how to spend their money? Last I checked, Republicans weren't the most fiscally responsible people otherwise they wouldn't have voted to increase the debt limit 3 times with no spending limits just a few years ago.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rwards-it-will

LOL, you don't have much choice when visiting these places; hell just make it an even $50.
Then I'll move to your state, and mop floors.

Old 11-07-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rwards-it-will

LOL, you don't have much choice when visiting these places; hell just make it an even $50.
Then I'll move to your state, and mop floors.
Much choice on telling people how to spend their money? That makes no sense. No, you don't have the right to tell people how to behave. Why quote something if you're not addressing what was quoted.

As for what to purchase, of course people have a choice. And that choice is up to them....not you.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:

I'll wager you eat at McDonald's.
All jest aside, you are most certainly correct in your political assessment of both parties; of which many candidates only seek office for financial gain.
In fact, several in my state are now on trial for this.
Do you feel the solution for inflation is to simply raise wages?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: