Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,153,632 times

Advertisements

This is good news! People were being robbed..

Quote:
California court leaders voted unanimously Monday to bar courts from charging drivers bail before they can challenge traffic tickets.

The emergency rule, adopted by the Judicial Council, takes effect immediately. Courts will have to change their notices to the public to say that no one will be required to pay upfront as a condition of a hearing on a ticket.
California Courts Will Now Let People Fight Traffic Tickets Without Paying Fine First | KTLA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 09:54 AM

8,409 posts, read 6,511,635 times
This was passed to aid illegal aliens, their a protected class here in Calif. because they vote for Democrats.
I know some nut will chime in that illegals can't vote, yeah right. Why do you think Democrats are so against voter ID?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:55 AM

21,840 posts, read 16,525,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
This was passed to aid illegal aliens, their a protected class here in Calif. because they vote for Democrats.
I know some nut will chime in that illegals can't vote, yeah right. Why do you think Democrats are so against voter ID?
Illegals can't vote.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:57 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,198,272 times
Quote:
Why do you think Democrats are so against voter ID?
Maybe its because "voter fraud" has been proven to be almost completely nonexistent?

Old 06-09-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Maybe its because "voter fraud" has been proven to be almost completely nonexistent?
You're calling 31 cases in 14 years "almost completely non-existent"?
Quote:
according to a new study by Loyola University law professor Justin Levitt, the in-person voter fraud that strict voter ID prevents is still nearly non-existent. Levitt's study, which "track[ed] any specific, credible allegation that someone may have pretended to be someone else at the polls, in any way that an ID law could fix" found just 31 instances of this potential voter fraud between 2000 and 2014. According to Levitt, "more than 1 billion ballots were cast in that period."
What does it take to wake you up?!

Old 06-09-2015, 12:10 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,153,632 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you can name at least 10 illegal immigrants that have voted in California out of the 10s of millions of California voters that have cast votes, I'll admit we have a problem with illegals voting. Until than your argument can't hold water.

As for this being passed to help illegal immigrants (as you claim), where is your proof? To me it sounds like it was passed to help everyone fighting a ticket or infraction...

Old 06-09-2015, 02:13 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,663,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This is fantastic! I got a ticket in Redding last fall and I though it was insane that I had to pay the fine first if I wanted a hearing. Also, there was something weird about not being able to take the traffic school option if I had a hearing, too, as I recall (could be wrong on that). Of course, I wanted the traffic school option so my insurance wouldn't go up. It was like the whole system basically forced you to just pay the fine.

The clerk was helpful, though, in advising me on how to delay the inevitable as long as possible. First they give you an optional 30 day delay, which I took. Then, after the 30 day delay, I asked for a court date, which was another 2 months away. Anyway, before the court date, I was able to save up and just go ahead and pay the fine, and I canceled the court date since by then I was in Crescent City.

But, I did think that seemed really wrong to have to pay to get into court. This is a good law.

Can we not let the "poster" divert the thread anymore? You realize they win when you take the bait...

Old 06-09-2015, 03:07 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,084,138 times
Ca has some of the highest fines in the nation. Greed !

Old 06-09-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ca has some of the highest fines in the nation. Greed !
How about some examples, steel?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,502,502 times
Why the hell did this go on as long as it has? You want to ask for a payment plan for your citation which is at least $500 due to local fees, but first you have to pay the entire fine- then ask the judge for a payment plan. What a BS Machiavellian stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California