Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 04:05 PM

21,760 posts, read 16,393,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Last time I checked, HBO wasn't taking tax money from me
Right. Incredulously, you are willingly paying them to stuff that mindless entertainment drivel your way. And lapping it up.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:06 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,542,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If you're a Republican like I am and live in California you have 2 options: suck it up and enjoy everything the state has to offer, or leave if the liberals bother you too much. I prefer option 1.
Where do you draw the line? Whats the tipping point? Whats going to happen when these liberals get their way and they start charging you per mile you drive in CA? Because I can assure you thats coming in the next few years. When are people going to take a stand here and stop paying other peoples way by paying for their stupid fast food jobs and healthcare for ILLEGALS? No one has any balls in this state anymore.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
If you're a Republican like I am and live in California you have 2 options: suck it up and enjoy everything the state has to offer, or leave if the liberals bother you too much. I prefer option 1.
Points for Option 1. A realist enjoys life

Old 06-04-2015, 04:09 PM

Quote:
When are people going to take a stand here and stop paying other peoples way by paying for their stupid fast food jobs and healthcare for ILLEGALS? No one has any balls in this state anymore.
You mean like you are paying corporate welfare through your taxes to the companies such as McDonald's who then profit from the low wage workers' labor? Good question. When WILL you take a stand against [corporate] welfare?

Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
You must not live in CA. If you do, you should be outraged that your hard earned tax dollars are going to support ILLEGAL immigrants who are here ILLEGALLY and thus breaking the law. Its bad enough we already pay so much for the criminals in prison here legally.
Why should I be outraged about something that not only hasn't happened yet, and is still on the drawing board, but that is highly unlikely to happen? Did you read your own article? Read the part about Guv Brown's opinion of it. And take your alarmism to the Pol. forum.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:19 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,087,560 times
Quote:
Where do you draw the line?
I don't know but when I've left CA in the past it has nothing to do with anything except personal things. I'm moving back in a few months but if I have to draw the line at some point, I'll know what it is when I get there.

Quote:
Whats the tipping point? Whats going to happen when these liberals get their way and they start charging you per mile you drive in CA? Because I can assure you thats coming in the next few years.
I don't know and if that happens that's pretty sad but I'll believe it/deal with it when I see it.

Quote:
When are people going to take a stand here and stop paying other peoples way by paying for their stupid fast food jobs and healthcare for ILLEGALS? No one has any balls in this state anymore.
No one in the state has so-called balls because no one wants to. But that's something you have to deal with. It's a political issue that no one individually can do anything about except agree or disagree. If it gets outrageously dumb it the coming years then maybe I'll leave for good but I'm not at a point in my life where I'm horribly affected by that. I'm also younger than most people who probably post on here so I don't have a ton of real family issues and tons of expenses. Yet. Maybe then it'll be different.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:25 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,542,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why should I be outraged about something that not only hasn't happened yet, and is still on the drawing board, but that is highly unlikely to happen? Did you read your own article? Read the part about Guv Brown's opinion of it. And take your alarmism to the Pol. forum.
Drawing board? Its passed thru the senate already! Thats far beyond the "drawing board". You don't think this will pass the state assembly? Are you new to politics? Let me break it down for you. CA is filled with millions of illegals and the senate and house are filled with Democrats looking for re-election. What better way to secure the Latino vote then by pandering to illegals. You even see Hillary Clinton doing this now as she desperatley tries to secure Latino voters, its pathetic and disgusting. Lets not forget the most important part...

SB 4 is estimated to cost taxpayers anywhere between $170 to $740 million annually

Old 06-04-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
You don't think this will pass the house? Are you new to politics? Let me break it down for you. CA is filled with millions of illegals and the senate and house are filled with Democrats looking for re-election. What better way to secure the Latino vote then by pandering to illegals. You even see Hillary Clinton doing this now as she desperatley tries to secure Latino voters, its pathetic and disgusting. Lets not forget the most important part...

SB 4 is estimated to cost taxpayers anywhere between $170 to $740 million annually
Yeah! You don't see conservatives pandering to fringe voting blocs Conservative politicians just stick with their red, white, and blue flag waving base of tea partiers and evangelical fanatics.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,078,101 times
The only thing bankrupting CA is the amount of Federal Taxes being "trickled down" to the poorer states.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 PM

82 posts, read 120,850 times
I have always wondered why people both democrat and republican aren't outraged by illegals, THEY ARE COMITTING A CRIME AND SOMEHOW THEY HAVE BECOME SOME KIND OF BEACON OF CIVIL RIGHTS STRUGGLE

here is my prediction. The Dems will lose all whites besides the fringe SJW types, the Asians will leave the Dems when they see that they worked hard to come here legally and be productive and blacks will start slowly slipping over to the "racist" GOP when they see that their friends in the democrat party have sold them out for a voting block with a higher birth rate and they start getting left behind. I wonder how blacks feel that they have lost their top dog minority status to Mexicans, I wonder if they know that life under a Latino majority will be worse for them then a white one because Latinos see them as mayates and have no white guilt..blacks have already realized that which is why they have fled Compton and Oakland because of Mexican racist violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California