Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 11:03 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
You could live in and drive a Prevost for these outrageous prices!
Or use it for the half-year to visit your daughter/son and keep your current resistance for off-season months.

https://prevostmotorhomes.com/
Excellent feedback
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
Prevost are beatiful but need a lot of upkeep. Also expensive per night to stay at most campgrounds, assuming her daughter doesn't have the space to house one of these buses. Interesting idea, but may be better to pull a nice trailer and use the tow vehicle once down here for getting around.
Thanks for the feedback

Old 06-29-2022, 12:03 AM

Lol, had "no idea" what a Prevost was!!! Grateful for Google on my android

20 of them for sale in Florida per this website. Beautiful all of them.

https://www.rvtrader.com/Florida-Pre...e=Florida%7CFL

Old 06-29-2022, 09:54 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
Prevost are beatiful but need a lot of upkeep. Also expensive per night to stay at most campgrounds, assuming her daughter doesn't have the space to house one of these buses. Interesting idea, but may be better to pull a nice trailer and use the tow vehicle once down here for getting around.
Actually, the rig setup goes both ways; RV pulling a Jeep or Pickup truck pulling a trailer. It's all about preferences. I can talk this talk all day but don't want to hijack this thread. I'm just throwing out ideas. Stay young at heart, try new things, and go places you've not gone before.

She/OP may enjoy the RV, and be more adventurous or spontaneous by driving the RV or the Small house over the road - more than just "Point A to Point B" with her daughter (and grandchildren) building memories together.

Maintenance? Yes, a single woman would need to be mechanically inclined or have a handyman on speed dial. The handyman, well, the small house needs TLC too! And, either way, no matter what she does unless moves in with her daughter (?) needs an overflowing checkbook.

I'm not selling anything. I'm sharing an experience I've enjoyed. I'm aware not everyone can afford or has the time.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:10 AM

2goldens, you are welcome to hijack this thread/lol. How long have you had a prevost? Yes, all things do need to be maintained or replaced. Not quite ready to move in with my only child yet and no grandkids as yet Luv your positive vibes, sounds like you are living your life your way!!!

Old 07-02-2022, 09:51 AM

Found two, surprised. Lol, cute but pricey. They did reduce price for one. One is listed as a Mobile Home though. The Tiny Home was reduced.

Tiny Homes for Sale in Brevard County, FL | ZeroDown

https://zerodown.com/homes-for-sale/...homes-for-sale

Cocoa, FL 32926
$265K
$15k price drop
1 Bed, 1 Bath, 500 sq ft.

Mobile Home?
Cocoa, FL 32926
$80K
2 Bed, 2 Bath, 524 sq ft

Last edited by AngelaRetired; 07-02-2022 at 10:03 AM..

Old 07-03-2022, 07:37 PM

A friend from Brevard told me about this place. Anyone heard of them or been by?

Braveheart Properties of Brevard is a tiny home and small cottage community located in Cocoa in Brevard County Florida.

Braveheart Properties | Tiny Home Community in Florida

https://braveheartproperties.org/

Old 07-07-2022, 05:32 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
2goldens, you are welcome to hijack this thread/lol. How long have you had a prevost? Yes, all things do need to be maintained or replaced. Not quite ready to move in with my only child yet and no grandkids as yet Luv your positive vibes, sounds like you are living your life your way!!!
Angela,

I never had a Prevost - too expensive but we did have a Class A RV for several years when we were together. Now that I'm divorced, I have not replaced the RV yet. I was like you, drawn to the Tiny Homes because I don't need a whole lot of space either. I think "small, cozy, and warmth" is suitable for me. While I was reading up on Tiny Homes and I watched the TV show, I wasn't happy with the prices, the locations, and the floor plans. I got the vibes it's like when the first microwave came to the market - it cost an average of $800- 1K for a big nuke box machine, remember those? I get the same vibes as what is happening now with the Tiny Homes - waiting for the hype and prices to die down. This is my honest humble opinion.

Have you looked at condos? I would write a list of all cons and pros of each choice. Do you want to leave your current state permanently? Can you rent a furnished apartment or small house in Florida for a quarter period just to think about your future choices? While you are down here in Florida, you can research more thoroughly, with hands-on experience than from where you are right now.

I wish you all the best. Do share your outcome with us.

Old 07-12-2022, 09:07 PM

2goldens, thank you SO MUCH for making me feel welcome!!! I will always treasure this. Take care, Angela

Old 11-09-2022, 10:50 PM

56 posts, read 39,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Angela,

I never had a Prevost - too expensive but we did have a Class A RV for several years when we were together. Now that I'm divorced, I have not replaced the RV yet. I was like you, drawn to the Tiny Homes because I don't need a whole lot of space either. I think "small, cozy, and warmth" is suitable for me. While I was reading up on Tiny Homes and I watched the TV show, I wasn't happy with the prices, the locations, and the floor plans. I got the vibes it's like when the first microwave came to the market - it cost an average of $800- 1K for a big nuke box machine, remember those? I get the same vibes as what is happening now with the Tiny Homes - waiting for the hype and prices to die down. This is my honest humble opinion.

Have you looked at condos? I would write a list of all cons and pros of each choice. Do you want to leave your current state permanently? Can you rent a furnished apartment or small house in Florida for a quarter period just to think about your future choices? While you are down here in Florida, you can research more thoroughly, with hands-on experience than from where you are right now.

I wish you all the best. Do share your outcome with us.
Hi 2goldens, excellent post. The HOA is what concerns me with condos. Tiny Homes are too popular at moment. I would want a single-storey one. No lofts. Yes, I will be visiting to check things out. Your info on Provost - much appreciated.

Last edited by FloridaRetired2020; 11-09-2022 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County