Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 08:53 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times

Advertisements

I am not a member of the BBJ.. but the headline in the article below is promising IF.. the City doesn't turn it into some for of City Office.. Whatever goes into the old Target should be retail based and job creator...

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimor...mondawmin.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 01:38 PM

Default Oh No Not Shoppers!!!

This would be an unfortunate blow to Mondawmin.. I am not sure if the City has any credible leads for the former Target ( the mayor was supposedly talking with Magic Johnson Theatres but with the rise on online TV and movies.. not sure that would work) If Giant acquires Shoppers.. I can see them keeping the new store on Liberty Hgts but that would spell curtains for this location. Incidentally, Planet Fitness is planning to open next door....

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2019/03/25/dont-take-our-market-from-us-mondawmin-residents.html

Old 03-26-2019, 07:27 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
This would be an unfortunate blow to Mondawmin.. I am not sure if the City has any credible leads for the former Target ( the mayor was supposedly talking with Magic Johnson Theatres but with the rise on online TV and movies.. not sure that would work) If Giant acquires Shoppers.. I can see them keeping the new store on Liberty Hgts but that would spell curtains for this location. Incidentally, Planet Fitness is planning to open next door....

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2019/03/25/dont-take-our-market-from-us-mondawmin-residents.html
Movie theaters work in Towson. And who is the largest number of patrons?

Old 03-27-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Movie theaters work in Towson. And who is the largest number of patrons?

I cant imagine that anyone would want to go to a theatre there when you have the likes of Towson an Arundel Mills where you can shop, eat, and see a movie.. At best maybe some local theatre group would move in there and do some performances or some form of art guild.. maybe something associated with Coppin. From what I understand Target owns the building. The City maybe able to get them to give a favorable lease to some community use like a theatre but I doubt they would allow a Walmart or even a Roses to go in there... It took several years for K Mart to release their properties which allowed a Roses to move in up off of Northern Parkway and they were going out of business not simply closing a store. Since Target has another store in the City and one in Pikesville.. there is little chance that they would allow anything to go in there they may compete with them...Even then.. all the Dollar Stores have the market cornered on inexpensive household items....Maybe the city should focus on holding Mondawmin together (I am sure there is taxpayer money in there) as opposed to trying to condemn and buy a racetrack

Old 03-27-2019, 04:38 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Maybe they don't want to drive all over the place. But since it's Mondawmin you need a sword and a shield as you get out of your car.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:25 AM

This may be old news to some but I thought I would post it here. Hope it is successful, kudos to Whiting Turner for investing in the area.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/targe...wmin/42256715#

Old 05-22-2023, 08:07 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
This may be old news to some but I thought I would post it here. Hope it is successful, kudos to Whiting Turner for investing in the area.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/targe...wmin/42256715#
Just a few weeks ago, there was an episode on the local news showing men with hard hats inside the old Target store renovating it for a community service center and job training center. Now they are tearing down the walls of the Target to make a giant open space. Maybe next month they will come up with something new and rebuild the old Target, after they knocked it down. These wonderful projects that they keep unveiling to the public are designed for one purpose, to bilk the taxpayers out of as much money as possible while giving the community the impression that city hall is looking out for them and expecting their votes in the next election.

Like so many of the other "programs" promoted by city hall, these hairbrained schemes would be a stain of city hall, that is if journalists ever bothered to investigate, but no chance of that ever happening.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Just a few weeks ago, there was an episode on the local news showing men with hard hats inside the old Target store renovating it for a community service center and job training center. Now they are tearing down the walls of the Target to make a giant open space. Maybe next month they will come up with something new and rebuild the old Target, after they knocked it down. These wonderful projects that they keep unveiling to the public are designed for one purpose, to bilk the taxpayers out of as much money as possible while giving the community the impression that city hall is looking out for them and expecting their votes in the next election.

Like so many of the other "programs" promoted by city hall, these hairbrained schemes would be a stain of city hall, that is if journalists ever bothered to investigate, but no chance of that ever happening.
I didnt see where public money was being used.. but maybe the programs/services inside of it will be getting $$? SMH ...wash rinse repeat....

Old 04-15-2024, 11:11 AM

Good News is.. TGIF is still open at Mondawmin.. Bad news.... This

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/city-...-news/60487836
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore