Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 09:21 PM

14 posts, read 6,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
Joseph,

I did a little looking around. Compare your first post in the South Dakota forum to your first post here.

In South Dakota, you came across as being friendly, intelligent, thoughtful. Here, you have come across as being somewhat of a combative goober. We have helped many people find the answers they were looking for. But we aren’t obligated to donate our time to anybody.

rya asked good questions. NDak, while blunt, is right. You’re being defensive. Relax. You can learn a lot here if you’re willing.

To answer your first question, you need to find a location first. Decide where you want to be. Then look at some real estate websites to see if there’s anything in your price range. Then contact a realtor who lives in that area. The last thing you want to do is contact a realtor in Cheyenne and inquire about a house in Cody. That’s about a 6 hour drive away.
Thank you GoshWyo, I appreciate you being friendly and helpful!

Old 02-18-2024, 08:52 AM

788 posts, read 1,740,442 times
All I'm going to say is people like you OP have the realtors laughing all the way to the bank. Like Jody said, do your due diligence

Old 02-18-2024, 10:24 AM

14 posts, read 6,450 times
I've never seen so many rude and egoistic individuals in one place as I have seen here!
I feel sorry for you, having to exist in your old age, with such misery and darkness in your lives!
Don't bother to continue to insult me, I will not be returning here ever again!!

Old 02-18-2024, 10:41 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
basically if there a pumping , , septic, roof, siding, soil, problem and your Agent doesn't tell you there nothing you can do in Wyoming against the restate agent. They usually give you a list of how stuff is but it carry's no weight. It easier to do your own due diligence, there lot of post on this forum that will tell you the same thing....Sun sprit has lot of post about restate agents, due diligence and Wyoming law...

Last edited by jody_wy; 02-18-2024 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-18-2024, 11:14 AM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee01 View Post
Hello,

Wish to relocate between 7 to 10 months.

I've never bought a home, let alone, buying a home while living in another state prior to moving.

Should I first narrow down location before finding an agent, or find an agent to help me find best location within my budget?

Thanks.

Joseph
Real estate agents are not your friends. Their job is to reduce their agency's inventory. If you are coming from out-of-state and aren't prepared, they will sell you a house at the highest price and it will be their most difficult house to sell (meaning it has problems which locals will avoid).

Old 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee01 View Post
I've never seen so many rude and egoistic individuals in one place as I have seen here!
I feel sorry for you, having to exist in your old age, with such misery and darkness in your lives!
Don't bother to continue to insult me, I will not be returning here ever again!!
You need some thicker skin. Good God, sensitive much?

Old 02-18-2024, 12:18 PM

400 posts, read 452,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
You need some thicker skin. Good God, sensitive much?
I think he must have misunderstood your post.

That’s all I have.

Old 02-18-2024, 02:05 PM

253 posts, read 259,440 times
We had a place about a mile from us but off same two track road go up for sale couple months ago. We ran into realtor while taking a pleasant ride on the geldings. We were nice to the realtor and told her a few different things about the area. She wasn't sure where the easement to the property was but guessed(WRONGLY) about an old road another 1/2 mile torward our cabin. Damn bi@ch came in and SPRAY PAINTED huge dots on two trees 100 yards apart where she guessed the easement was. There were potential buyers driving all over the dang forest. We knew the easement wasn't on that old road so I put several downed trees blocking buyers access. Land sold in three days for full asking price! Weve had to look at those damn dots for a couple months now. Really pi$$es us off! Were remote and enjoy the beauty of the forest! Our distant neighbor owns adjacent to the land that she sold, the buyer kept driving on his property to access the land. Our neighbor told the realtor multiple times prior to sale where the easement was. Realtor kept telling him lies . So neighbor put up no trespassing signs. The buyer actually tore the new no trespassing signs off the trees. New buyer has South Dakota plates. Don't think much of the realtor or the new buyer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming