Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 03:49 PM

384 posts, read 285,894 times

Advertisements

The plans for Northlake are INSANE the amount of housing going up as compared to the ingress and egress is unfathomable, and the plan to extend 441 is not looking good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 08:39 AM

425 posts, read 286,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Good post - Makes sense to build a Weston like area in that part of the county. What I was a bit shocked about was the pushback about such growth from current residents. I grew up in RPB/Loxahatchee so I've personally seen the citrus groves turn into the city of Westlake.

Palm Beach County is desirable - not sure why current reside are shocked by the planned growth.

Also, I'm aware the planned Vanderbilt campus is east - I could have made a better transition of my thoughts in relation to the thread title. I was merely stating that that's the Palm Beach County project I'm most interested in.

I heard that some residents don't want to move for the growth. Or they are waiting to be bought out for more money from what I heard at the gym. Unfortunately, I think it would be a great addition to the city despite the traffic. It would be like City Place which is unfortunately gone and many places there that had to leave the Square which will be there at this new place.

Old 04-25-2024, 09:40 AM

648 posts, read 419,563 times
Not the the first time I've heard this! Think about it, if you were planning to sell anyway, why wouldn't one wait it out a bit and see what this "CityPlace West" development does for property values...certainly won't make them go down IMO.

Also you're correct that technically CityPlace no longer exists...at least in the way it use to. Rebranded as The Square, this area is now all about Class A office space and live, work, play. Stephen Ross and his The Related Companies has a vision for this part of West Palm Beach and I strongly believe it is to create a mini Hudson Yards neighborhood (one of his most famous redevelopment projects).

If Ross' vision comes true and we land the Vanderbilt campus, West Palm Beach and South Florida in general will see significant economic growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetiredone View Post
I heard that some residents don't want to move for the growth. Or they are waiting to be bought out for more money from what I heard at the gym. Unfortunately, I think it would be a great addition to the city despite the traffic. It would be like City Place which is unfortunately gone and many places there that had to leave the Square which will be there at this new place.

Old 04-26-2024, 09:56 AM

197 posts, read 154,451 times
Quote:
Not the the first time I've heard this! Think about it, if you were planning to sell anyway, why wouldn't one wait it out a bit and see what this "CityPlace West" development does for property values...certainly won't make them go down IMO.

Also you're correct that technically CityPlace no longer exists...at least in the way it use to. Rebranded as The Square, this area is now all about Class A office space and live, work, play. Stephen Ross and his The Related Companies has a vision for this part of West Palm Beach and I strongly believe it is to create a mini Hudson Yards neighborhood (one of his most famous redevelopment projects).

If Ross' vision comes true and we land the Vanderbilt campus, West Palm Beach and South Florida in general will see significant economic growth.
Office space seems dead now forever. WFh. wfh they said.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:44 PM

Hahaha. Anyone paying attention knows that there's a collaborated effort by upper/middle management (to justify their jobs), and commercial landlords to "return to office" or be fired.

There's way too much money to be lost by real estate millionaire & billionaires if WFH really took off...I honestly believe back door meetings were had between power players to get the drone workers back in line after COVID-19 restrictions were lifted.

If there's one silver lining, it's that hybrid work schedules are here to stay - You can't completely put the toothpaste back in the tube. We 9-5 schlubs have shown that 5 days/week in office wasn't necessary to maintain productivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies2023 View Post
Office space seems dead now forever. WFh. wfh they said.

Old 04-26-2024, 03:28 PM

197 posts, read 154,451 times
Quote:
Hahaha. Anyone paying attention knows that there's a collaborated effort by upper/middle management (to justify their jobs), and commercial landlords to "return to office" or be fired.

There's way too much money to be lost by real estate millionaire & billionaires if WFH really took off...I honestly believe back door meetings were had between power players to get the drone workers back in line after COVID-19 restrictions were lifted.

If there's one silver lining, it's that hybrid work schedules are here to stay - You can't completely put the toothpaste back in the tube. We 9-5 schlubs have shown that 5 days/week in office wasn't necessary to maintain productivity.
everyone i know who began to work from home has not gone back. They're still Wfh!

Old 04-28-2024, 05:11 AM

503 posts, read 530,808 times
It has always attracted affluence. More money will continue to flow there until it’s an untenable place to live.

Old 04-28-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I know that City Place no longer exists. I just miss the weekend music they had there and all the memories I had there.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:18 PM

Copper Blues!!

Old 05-01-2024, 10:09 PM

The news mentioned tonight that they changed the name back to City Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach