Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 04:53 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Wow, so the rumor mill now seems to be that Bethesda will announce at E3 in a few months the release of their new IP, a RPG named "Starfield," that's supposed to be similar to the gameplay of the Fallout series.

I don't follow the industry and rumor mill that closely, but imagine if this was true! It's been almost three years since Fallout 4, and I've been hankering for something similar. Imagine a Fallout type game set in space. I'd be a very happy guy if this were to come true.

Rumor: Bethesda’s Space RPG Game Starfield Releases This Fall

Quote:
Dubbed Fallout in space, the gaming world seems to have forgotten about Starfield until now. When a post by ResetEra user AAMARMO suggested that the title could be a mobile game, it was quickly rebuffed by fan Potterson’s claims that not only will Starfield follow in the footsteps of the Fallout games, but that it is coming to E3. Such wild claims could lead to Potterson being banned from the forum; however, administrators have issued the following statement:

Starfield Bethesda’s possible new game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 05:00 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Wow, so the rumor mill now seems to be that Bethesda will announce at E3 in a few months the release of their new IP, a RPG named "Starfield," that's supposed to be similar to the gameplay of the Fallout series.

I don't follow the industry and rumor mill that closely, but imagine if this was true! It's been almost three years since Fallout 4, and I've been hankering for something similar. Imagine a Fallout type game set in space. I'd be a very happy guy if this were to come true.

Rumor: Bethesda’s Space RPG Game Starfield Releases This Fall

Starfield Bethesda’s possible new game
That does sound interesting. I wonder if we'll get to explore multiple open world planets. The last game to let me do that, Mass Effect Andromeda, was rather underwhelming in a number of areas.

Old 08-20-2023, 09:09 AM

Wow, time sure does fly.

This game is finally releasing in a little under three weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD5AUWM6rJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtXlygBDX4M

Old 08-21-2023, 04:14 AM

61 posts, read 45,161 times
yeah, it's crazy how fast we got here!
But truth be told, now that Baldur's Gate 3 is out, my hype for Starfield has dissipated 10x fold, I don't see how it can compare to the colossal achievement that is BL3. I know they are completely different games and all that, but my time is not unlimited, I can't devote to every single new release that IGN praises...

Old 08-22-2023, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicefishdeer View Post
yeah, it's crazy how fast we got here!
But truth be told, now that Baldur's Gate 3 is out, my hype for Starfield has dissipated 10x fold, I don't see how it can compare to the colossal achievement that is BL3. I know they are completely different games and all that, but my time is not unlimited, I can't devote to every single new release that IGN praises...
I am about 30 hours into Baldur's Gate 3 and I absolutely love it. I was never into turn-based games outside of the original Super Nintendo era, but for some reason this one clicked with me. I never got into Divinity Original Sin 2 but this one I got hooked right away. In a way, I like the way turn-based allows you to take your time to figure out the best strategy for each situation.

Old 08-23-2023, 08:07 AM

35,054 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I did the pre-download of it. I bought a ROG Ally last month, and have a three month Game Pass subscription. I'm not a big fan of Bethesda stuff, but I'll give it a shot

Old 08-25-2023, 08:22 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Graphics look great, but the gameplay looks kinda boring to me honestly.

Why the heck arent they hurrying up and releasing Elder Scrolls 6? THAT is what almost all Bethesda folks want - ELDER SCROLLS 6!!!

Old 08-29-2023, 05:58 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Graphics look great, but the gameplay looks kinda boring to me honestly.
Yeah I agree…there doesn’t seem to be much to differentiate from the other space shooters out there.

Old 09-01-2023, 06:22 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
It has finally released. The reviews are mixed so far.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:08 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
It seems empty to me. I've played it for a few days, and there are some serious issues, and things that should be in a new game, which simply do not exist in this one.

For example, there is no local map. It's insane. You are in a large city on a planet, and you want to open the map and see where you are in relation to the nearest shops. Or maybe you have a quest, and you want to see where the quest marker is, for the person you are supposed to meet up with, so you can plane a route. Well.... there is no local map, absolutely NONE! There is a planet wide map, sort of. It's a big blue orb, with a few scattered icon on the planet surface. No topography, no rivers, mountains, grasslands or desert terrain depicted on the globe. Just a barren blue globe, and a general direction that you could run to, to get there. But once you close the map, there is no compass, or reference to indicate which direction you are pointed in. So you are always opening up the map, seeing where you are now, and then opening the map again, to see where you are now... rinse, repeat. But in the cities? The map is non-functioning, you simply have no clue where you are unless you are looking right at a building.

Things like no local map or compass are what we saw in cheap games twenty years ago. We are talking about Bethesda, and it's 2023, not 1990,and not some low cost project of a game that two guys knocked out as their first attempt at making a video game.

You do have companions, and one can come along with you, but many times you don't know where they are, because there is no mini-map or radar with a blip to show you where they are. This matters when you want to trade with them. You especially want to know where your companion is in combat, so you don't toss a grenade on top of they/them.

It just does not feel like a game that had seven years to make. The interface seems lacking in so many very basic ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games