Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:35 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It was he was a good bloke but I did go down hill afterwards. We had ofsted living in the school for 3 years looking to close it down but hey ho.

What's your plans for tonight?
These teacher stabbings are awful, aren't they? School should be a safe, happy place - not worrying if someone is going to get a knife out.

I'm stuck with watching more X Factor after sitting through 2.5 hours of the bloody thing last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 01:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
These teacher stabbings are awful, aren't they? School should be a safe, happy place - not worrying if someone is going to get a knife out.

I'm stuck with watching more X Factor after sitting through 2.5 hours of the bloody thing last night.
Ouch!!!! Is that your partners/kids choice or yours? ( be honest )

Old 10-25-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ouch!!!! Is that your partners/kids choice or yours? ( be honest )
My daughter likes it... but... well, I've been watching it for years. It's like a bad habit!

Old 10-25-2015, 01:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
My daughter likes it... but... well, I've been watching it for years. It's like a bad habit!
Oh so now we're getting to it

Old 10-26-2015, 05:24 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
one lad at my junior school was expelled for slashing bus seats, this was in the late 50s early 60s, unheard of back then, mind you he was a little tearaway so he deserved it.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
one lad at my junior school was expelled for slashing bus seats, this was in the late 50s early 60s, unheard of back then, mind you he was a little tearaway so he deserved it.
I remember a time when kids used to carry a pen-knife on them! That wouldn't be allowed now.

What bus was it? The school bus or a local bus?

We once had a cinema where half of the seats had been ripped out! I'm not sure who was ripping them out or where they went.

You know when you see those people on Jeremy Kyle, where they've got one tooth then a huge gap, then maybe one or two other teeth? Well, the seating arrangement in our cinema was like that. Sometimes you couldn't even sit next to your friends. You ended up shouting across to them "Are you enjoying the film?". The cinema closed down eventually - strangely enough.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:09 AM

5,404 posts, read 3,595,350 times
Quote:
I remember a time when kids used to carry a pen-knife on them! That wouldn't be allowed now.

What bus was it? The school bus or a local bus?

We once had a cinema where half of the seats had been ripped out! I'm not sure who was ripping them out or where they went.

You know when you see those people on Jeremy Kyle, where they've got one tooth then a huge gap, then maybe one or two other teeth? Well, the seating arrangement in our cinema was like that. Sometimes you couldn't even sit next to your friends. You ended up shouting across to them "Are you enjoying the film?". The cinema closed down eventually - strangely enough.
it was a local bus, we didn't have designated school buses back then, you were given a bus token and used the normal buses.
we all had pocket knives back then, I was in the Scouts and wore a sheath knife plus a "jack" knife(the one with the spike for getting stones out of horses hooves!) nobody went around stabbing anyone else back then, a knife was just a tool nothing more.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
it was a local bus, we didn't have designated school buses back then, you were given a bus token and used the normal buses.
we all had pocket knives back then, I was in the Scouts and wore a sheath knife plus a "jack" knife(the one with the spike for getting stones out of horses hooves!) nobody went around stabbing anyone else back then, a knife was just a tool nothing more.
Ah yes, I used to go to a sixth-form college, where we would just use one of the local buses. They gave us a bus pass each, which we would show to the driver.

I bet you had one of those knives with a million different 'tools' on it, did you?! The more tools on there, the better! (But probably didn't use half of them).

Old 10-26-2015, 01:21 PM

177 posts, read 193,938 times
Get a room

Old 10-26-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concaine View Post
get a room
wtf???!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom