Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2024, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 815 times

Advertisements

On Nov. 1 2023, I began certifiying for weekly benefits after submitting a claim weeks prior. I stated that I would be returning to work on February 4 of next year. That didn’t happen so I answered “no” to the question of returning to work. My certification as a result was received but not processed and I got the following email:

“The responses you provided while certifying require manual review in order to determine your eligibility for benefits. Please allow up to 5 business days for review of your certification responses before contacting a Reemployment Call Center regarding this certification.

If your payment can be processed, you will receive another email when your payment has been sent to the bank, for deposit into your direct deposit account. In most cases, eligible claims will be paid within 2 business days.

If your payment cannot be processed, you will be scheduled for an appointment with a Claims Examiner and notified of your appointment via US Postal Service mail. If we have a valid email address on file, you may be sent a questionnaire via email for faster processing, instead of a Claims Examiner appointment.

If you have not received a payment, a Notice of a Claims Examiner appointment or an email with a questionnaire after 7 business days, please call your nearest Reemployment Call Center.”

One day later, I received a second email stating I could certify November 1st (?). But November 1st has passed already and I’ve been certifying since then. I called several times and nobody picks up. I emailed since then and no response. I didn't anticipate my employer not hiring me back. I should add that one of the questions asked if I returned to work on the date I expected to return but didn't return. I answered "no" because I didn't return. I still have benefits left. I need the money. Do I continue certifying??? Will they approve me back? I’m really panicking and anxious.

Last edited by Kaycee11; 02-07-2024 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: For clarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 07:51 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Because you did not return to work on the date you were expected to return, unemployment needs to determine if this was due to your employer not calling you back or if this was a refusal to return on your part. Once they determine it was at the hands of the employer, you will receive all back payments and will continue as always going froward. It's just the required statutory process. You continue to certify as always.

As for the timing to get this resolved, that depends mostly on the employer's timeliness in responding. If they don't get a timely response from the employer, you will get (you may get one anyway even if the respond fast) an examiners interview or maybe just the questionnaire.

Old 02-08-2024, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 815 times
thanks. It was resolved. Called back at 07 36 AM and an agent removed the hold.

Old 02-08-2024, 08:57 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Great news. Sounds like the employer responded but it was in the queue for someone to remove the hold, you pushed it to the front of the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment