Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2024, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,139 times

Advertisements

I'm having issues with EDD not having my wage information from my last employer.
I only have a couple of the paystubs they requested and my w-2 from 2022 to prove my wages. I asked my old employer for copies of what Edd requested 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from him.

My question is should EDD contact my old employer for my wage information or is it 100% on me to prove my wages?

I know there's a form DE1919 request for wage information that is for employers. I also know that my old employer reported everything as required by law because he's a stickler on those kinds of things.
What should my next move be?

I filed this claim November 10th 2023 and here we are now on January 22nd 2024. In this time I've been told by representatives it was good and should go thru in a couple days and on the same day be told it wasn't by others.
From one representative to another was a different story.
It's ridiculous how they're running that place and meanwhile I'm struggling to keep a roof over my head.

Thank in advance for any feedback, it's very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2024, 12:49 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
If you're getting conflicting stories from the employees there, maybe it's time for you to ask to speak to the unit supervisor. Also, keep track (a log) of the date you called, who you spoke with and what they said. Unfortunately, the CA EDD is fraught with problems. They've been that way for years but none so much as we witnessed during the pandemic. The old administrator was replaced with a new one. Word was things were going to get better but it looks like it's the same old thing. The EDD and DMV are to entities in this state that will give you an enormous headache. I can't help you with procedures, though. Haven't had to deal with them for decades (thankfully). Keep trying, though.

Old 01-23-2024, 08:57 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Welcome to the site.

Old 01-23-2024, 09:01 PM

38,860 posts, read 22,849,388 times
To the OP:

First of all, welcome to City-Data forum.

Second, there is an Unemployment forum on this site. Go here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/

I'm going to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Unemployment forum so that you can get the proper help and advice there. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2024, 10:33 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Under the statutes, EDD will accept your version of pay if you have supporting documents enough to establish your version. Should there be no wage reports on you from the employer or missing information, ultimately EDD will rule wages in your favor.

The problem you're facing is due to the legal regulations that forces EDD to wait specific periods of times before they advance to the next stage. Often they may begin processing a part that is "down the road" in anticipation of this working out, but that's not the "current" status. So an EDD rep looking at your file may only have access to the last action which could indicate a status that has not actually been finalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment