Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 09:31 PM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
So my response is simple: how do you explain George's pathological lying when it comes to his involvement?
It's pretty clear that Casey found George easier to manipulate than her mother. For her to have reached this late stage of life and still be living with and supported by them while constantly deceiving them it seems to me that the parents hadn't been able to present a united front in holding firm expectations of her.

I suspect that when things got too heated with her mother he and Casey were in silent alignment. She knew it and that gave her the boldness to continue with her deceptions.

She brought forth an allegation of incestuous behavior on his part. We don't know whether that is true or not. But we do know that this kind of dynamic is common, if not the rule, in families where there is incest.

She obviously had some kind of power over her father even if it was just his desire to try to fix her and his sentimentality about his "little girl."

But she was holding all the power cards, hence his pleading with her to tell what only she knew. I think he knew plenty, perhaps even the manner of death, but she had the control.

Don't read anything into that that isn't there. It doesn't imply that he drove around with his dead grand-daughter in his trunk. But he seemed to have an unhealthy and strong need to stay on the good side of Casey which overrode common sense or healthy family interaction.

Old 06-17-2023, 04:50 AM

2,070 posts, read 890,540 times
I wasn't aware that kc was rewriting history (or her story) in this "docu" series

I haven't watched this latest plot twist (can't look @ her) but recently happened upon some interesting & well done analysis w/a behavior analyst & a psych doc -- & they contained actual snippets from her latest mishmash of consistent inconsistencies & contradictions. (I get the picture; *it's me, me, me, all about me* ..)

Now she is asking people to believe that Caylee never drowned -- which was the basis of her defense.

That George took her -- as he snatched her from kc's arms he said; "she'll be fine."

That's how she was able to party & participate in a hot body contest while Caylee was missing; she thought Caylee was still alive. That George had her.

She claims she didn't remember her father's abuse until she went to jail ..in fact she wrote in a letter to her cellie (?) that she thought things they discussed had begun causing her to have dreams & made her 'wonder' if maybe her father had abused her. Now, her story is she always protected Caylee from being alone w/him. So, which is it. And then why not worry about Caylee when George allegedly took her.

If the words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation. An old saying I just made up.

I think George & Lee should SUE her for defamation! But that won't happen because the matriarch wouldn't have it imo & it would tear apart whatever kc left of that family. Lee has a little boy now, George & Cindy can enjoy being grandparents.

I'm pretty sure Cindy rules that roost. Unfortunately she's delusional. I'm recalling one of the family photos that was taken when she & kc attended a wedding when kc was about 7mo. pregnant & Cindy LIED to everyone who asked; 'no, she's not pregnant, it's female trouble' ... even so, Lee wasn't fooled. Lee claimed the family enabled kc, by never holding her accountable. Her aunt said she stole something like $45,000 from her grandparents senior care account. Her girlfriend loaned her her car & kc stole checks from her checkbook & went on a shopping spree.

^ How to recognize a narcissist.

Puzzles me WHY she is contradicting the basis of her defense? Does she mean jose LIED to the jury? Is that legal? She says it was NOT an accidental drowning?? George took her so he did "something".

I have been curious if she won many, if any, new fans. Besides those who entertain conspiracy theories. Any true crime watchers. Too many inconsistencies & contradictions. Besides she's a convicted liar. And gifted pathological liar. (OMG the details!) No reason to believe she's changed her spots. Everything that's happened is all George's fault. Typical narcissist mo. Plus, she's really po'd @ George & Lee for having the audacity to speak out negatively about her in public..(dr. phil..was it?)

She said anyone could have done that search on the computer, they all had each other's passwords. But I just finished watching a jail call where Cindy asked for her passwords. smh

George & Lee should sue peacock!

Old 06-17-2023, 05:29 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Casey Anthony, Joran Van der Sloot, "Alec" "Murdock" - lying liars who keep changing their stories, excuse me, LIES.

Old 06-17-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
It's pretty clear that Casey found George easier to manipulate than her mother. For her to have reached this late stage of life and still be living with and supported by them while constantly deceiving them it seems to me that the parents hadn't been able to present a united front in holding firm expectations of her.

I suspect that when things got too heated with her mother he and Casey were in silent alignment. She knew it and that gave her the boldness to continue with her deceptions.

She brought forth an allegation of incestuous behavior on his part. We don't know whether that is true or not. But we do know that this kind of dynamic is common, if not the rule, in families where there is incest.

She obviously had some kind of power over her father even if it was just his desire to try to fix her and his sentimentality about his "little girl."

But she was holding all the power cards, hence his pleading with her to tell what only she knew. I think he knew plenty, perhaps even the manner of death, but she had the control.

Don't read anything into that that isn't there. It doesn't imply that he drove around with his dead grand-daughter in his trunk. But he seemed to have an unhealthy and strong need to stay on the good side of Casey which overrode common sense or healthy family interaction.
You bring up some important points about dysfunctional family dynamics. It could be there was incest, it could be that she knows that George knows the truth but has whatever she's got to hold over him. Whether it's incest or him being complicit in some way (knowingly or unknowingly), she hold the cards - just like Van der Sloot, Murdaugh and all other psychopathic killers.

Old 06-17-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
I wasn't aware that kc was rewriting history (or her story) in this "docu" series

I haven't watched this latest plot twist (can't look @ her) but recently happened upon some interesting & well done analysis w/a behavior analyst & a psych doc -- & they contained actual snippets from her latest mishmash of consistent inconsistencies & contradictions. (I get the picture; *it's me, me, me, all about me* ..)

Now she is asking people to believe that Caylee never drowned -- which was the basis of her defense.

That George took her -- as he snatched her from kc's arms he said; "she'll be fine."

That's how she was able to party & participate in a hot body contest while Caylee was missing; she thought Caylee was still alive. That George had her.

She claims she didn't remember her father's abuse until she went to jail ..in fact she wrote in a letter to her cellie (?) that she thought things they discussed had begun causing her to have dreams & made her 'wonder' if maybe her father had abused her. Now, her story is she always protected Caylee from being alone w/him. So, which is it. And then why not worry about Caylee when George allegedly took her.

If the words don’t add up, it’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation. An old saying I just made up.

I think George & Lee should SUE her for defamation! But that won't happen because the matriarch wouldn't have it imo & it would tear apart whatever kc left of that family. Lee has a little boy now, George & Cindy can enjoy being grandparents.

I'm pretty sure Cindy rules that roost. Unfortunately she's delusional. I'm recalling one of the family photos that was taken when she & kc attended a wedding when kc was about 7mo. pregnant & Cindy LIED to everyone who asked; 'no, she's not pregnant, it's female trouble' ... even so, Lee wasn't fooled. Lee claimed the family enabled kc, by never holding her accountable. Her aunt said she stole something like $45,000 from her grandparents senior care account. Her girlfriend loaned her her car & kc stole checks from her checkbook & went on a shopping spree.

^ How to recognize a narcissist.

Puzzles me WHY she is contradicting the basis of her defense? Does she mean Jose LIED to the jury? Is that legal? She says it was NOT an accidental drowning?? George took her so he did "something".

I have been curious if she won many, if any, new fans. Besides those who entertain conspiracy theories. Any true crime watchers. Too many inconsistencies & contradictions. Besides she's a convicted liar. And gifted pathological liar. (OMG the details!) No reason to believe she's changed her spots. Everything that's happened is all George's fault. Typical narcissist mo. Plus, she's really po'd @ George & Lee for having the audacity to speak out negatively about her in public..(dr. phil..was it?)

She said anyone could have done that search on the computer, they all had each other's passwords. But I just finished watching a jail call where Cindy asked for her passwords. smh

What I've learned from being on social media is that many people actually revere and even envy pathological liars - even convicted ones. Too many.

Old 06-17-2023, 09:38 AM

Cindy holds no power in that family. Why do you think she's so angry? She's been ganged up upon and outvoted even though she has done many dishonest things to try to create the appearance of normalcy. She's a template of "women who love too much."

If she had the power she would appear more calmly in control, like a sociopath.

Does George agree to Cindy's face and then do what Casey wants?

I think she's half-crazed with her failed attempts to make her family normal. Her most destructive delusion is believing that she can fix it by staying in that family system. None of this is over.

Old 06-17-2023, 06:03 PM

2,070 posts, read 890,540 times
I think the prosecutor overshot his skis. He definitely underestimated his opponent. Don't think he factored in being blindsided by the perps own mother who snatched his premeditation argument right out from under his nose w/her testimony.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shenego...h=2759b87c2aa9

Jeff didn't see that coming & then didn't have the self-awareness to appreciate the rug moving beneath his feet & sit there @ the prosecutor's table w/a modicum of decorum either. He acted a fool (have a little dignity man), seemingly clueless as he laughed & made mocking facial expressions as jose continued to pull the rug out from beneath him in closing - it was not a good look. Even so, Judge Perry admits his surprise by the verdict.

Tot mom had a problem. Sands in the hourglass .. & they would surely be talking soon. Cindy was firm about overnighters. NOT allowed. Including the temp fiance, Jesse. Of course that cut into kc's freedom. Xanny the nanny was her ruse for almost 2 years (she calmly & matter-of-factly lies to the 911 operator - the one her mother called). But if she was not actually working, then why did she need a nanny? Cindy insisted Caylee should be in her own bed @ night. Something kc's friend(s) told law enforcement & Cindy re-iterated. So then when kc would tell Cindy that they were staying over night @ xanny's, where was she? And more importantly, WHERE was Caylee?

Caylee was close to 3 ..so she would have been talking soon. (At least mine were - in sentences) No more secrets. kc was up against the clock, & time was running out, what's she gonna do (see internet searches) ..& her new boyfriend was hosting a hot body contest. What to do, what to do. During those 30 days Caylee was "missing", & kc is seen on cc video in the video store w/her new friend w/benefits, where was Caylee?

Ask her friends. Sure they would say she was a great mom, it shouldn't be that difficult when someone else is subsidizing the performance. Not kc. Cindy threatened her w/custody (likely more than once). Those rows must have really riled kc. And cost Cindy. I wonder if she regrets being all bark & no bite.

In the end this is kc's karma. Of course persona non grata doesn't wear well. Especially for a narcissist. Poor kc. (Somebody please get her a tissue for her issue. It's so nasty to watch her continue w/bare fingers. Ew.) Its just another red herring like Universal Studios, Juliet Lewis, xanny the nanny, et al. No answer as to what happened to Caylee. Just a wild goose chase. "George did something." Surely she needs money. Who's gonna hire her? She was probably paid, like she was the $200,000 she made off of Caylee's pictures. She gets as much sympathy from me as Johnny Depp's ex. Tho, I admit, she is a much better performer. (So was grody jodi.)

Her parents might need to take comfort in 'it must have been an accident' -- TEHO -- but that duct tape & Dr. G's testimony said otherwise.

Old 06-17-2023, 09:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
I think George & Lee should SUE her for defamation! But that won't happen because the matriarch wouldn't have it imo & it would tear apart whatever kc left of that family.
It won't happen because Casey probably has little in the way of assets that they can recover and (more importantly) it would open them up to discovery. George is a pathological liar with a **** ton of skeletons in his own closet and suing Casey would allow her and her attorneys to drag all that **** out into the open again.

Quote:
Does she mean jose LIED to the jury? Is that legal?
It would be an ethics violation if you could prove that Jose Baez put that out there knowing that it was false. "Knowing" is the operative word though, and Casey's defense team was pretty large and presumably could back up Jose if she claimed to have told him differently.

Quote:
Why?

Old 06-17-2023, 10:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Cindy holds no power in that family. Why do you think she's so angry? She's been ganged up upon and outvoted even though she has done many dishonest things to try to create the appearance of normalcy. She's a template of "women who love too much."

If she had the power she would appear more calmly in control, like a sociopath.

Does George agree to Cindy's face and then do what Casey wants?

I think she's half-crazed with her failed attempts to make her family normal. Her most destructive delusion is believing that she can fix it by staying in that family system. None of this is over.
This is where you lost me.

Cindy ruled that family with an iron fist, and this has been accepted by just about everyone involved in the case. For instance, it was Cindy who refused to acknowledge to the family that Casey was pregnant and admonished George when he strayed from her "female problems" line. Both George and Casey had lied to Cindy about having jobs at different points. Both of them expressed fear at Cindy's reaction to any harm coming to Caylee.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
This is where you lost me.

Cindy ruled that family with an iron fist, and this has been accepted by just about everyone involved in the case. For instance, it was Cindy who refused to acknowledge to the family that Casey was pregnant and admonished George when he strayed from her "female problems" line. Both George and Casey had lied to Cindy about having jobs at different points. Both of them expressed fear at Cindy's reaction to any harm coming to Caylee.
There is an obvious silent partnership between dad and Casey. Mom makes all the noise and threats but does anything in that family run the way she wants it to? The threats for consequences never get a follow through because Mom and Dad aren't a united front and Casey slips through the fence.

In these kinds of situations it's very easy to be fooled about who the "monster" is in the family. It's got to be that angry, conniving mother, right? And the more she tries to gain control of the situation the more she messes things up. It's very hard to see her fear and desperation unless we look at her foolish actions.

Casey wants peace and quiet in the family so she can do her thing with no one holding her accountable. George wants it because he doesn't like the mess and, like someone said, his own culpability coming to the forefront.

I'd say in this case Casey and George cooperated to let Cindy think she was the boss because it kept the storm down to a minimum. And as "the boss" she made a convenient scapegoat for everything that went wrong. It was that delusion she had of the control that was driving her.

This happens all the time in dysfunctional families. Everyone's guilty and the one who make the most noise about it gets the blame, looks like the problem. The guilty stay more quiet. People in control don't flap their wings so much.

It's how I see it. Perhaps I'm wrong?

How do you see it, Mc Bain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime