Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

64 posts, read 49,531 times

Advertisements

Geez I thought I booked a hotel nearby... short story I'm planning my itinerary for the year and have made a mess of things. I'm unaware of a forum to discuss hotels hopefully it is appropriate to ask here.

Has anyone stayed at The Biltmore Los Angeles? I have a reservation at The Biltmore for a full week, and my flight departs tomorrow. The reviews have multiple concerns regarding flooded bathrooms and moldy, dated rooms... is this true? I'm hoping to gain some insight into whether these complaints hold merit. While some tend to be overly critical when it comes to hotel accommodations, comparing them to homes, the sheer volume of around 500 consistent negative reviews on Google makes me anxious. I'm so nervous about my stay.

My skepticism towards the reviews stems from the fact that The Biltmore is regarded as a luxury hotel, a landmark in the history of Hollywood and Los Angeles. It's difficult to consider how it could potentially be in such a state of disrepair, especially given the price. (~189 a night, including the fee).

I'm really worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:16 AM

43,821 posts, read 44,591,265 times
You might want to post this also on the Los Angeles forum as I don't know how many relevant replies you will get here.

Old Today, 08:58 AM

19,460 posts, read 27,938,010 times
Suggestion: read the reviews on trip advisor and Google sorting by most recent first. What was going on in a hotel, restaurant, or anything 2 years ago or less is pretty much irrelevant.

I'd just check in. If there's a problem, the Biltmore will fix it.

Old Today, 10:13 AM

2,012 posts, read 1,003,380 times
I only ever read reviews on TripAdvisor, and that's because any other place, people only leave bad reviews. On Google Maps, sometimes you'll find good reviews when those people become certain level contributors, as they get more stars for better reviews. But always sort for most recent reviews regardless of where you read them.

Old Today, 11:33 AM

16,151 posts, read 10,830,330 times
I stayed at the Biltmore a few years ago and enjoyed my stay with no problems. It is a classic historic hotel, not a Travelodge or Hilton Garden with some modern add-ons. The Academy Awards were hosted there for years. The notorious Black Dahlia mystery began there. Of course, it is supposedly haunted. Beyond all of that it is gorgeous and reflective of the classic bejeweled Hollywood years. We were there in December so there was a huge Christmas tree in the lobby. We didn’t eat there other than a desert at the Asian-themed restaurant on a lower level. What I liked most about it was convenience of getting around the city. We came in on Amtrak and the LA train station was recently restored to its early opulence and worth seeing. The taxi ride to the hotel was short. The city metro station is close by the hotel so you can go most places in town. The hop-on-hop-off bus stops at the hotel for sightseeing. We took the metro to Santa Monica for a day walking the beach and the pier. I would definitely stay there again if going to LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel