Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2023, 07:17 PM

551 posts, read 343,805 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried IBGard peppermint oil capsules for digestion issues.

The brand NOW peppermint oil capsules also has good reviews.

It’s suggested to take 1 -2 capsules 30 - 60 minutes before meals to help with digestion issues.

Sounds like a lot of good benefits when taken in small dosages.

Thoughts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2023, 09:31 PM

242 posts, read 299,026 times
for some peeps ( like me) mint, particularly peppermint can spaz out the esophageal sphincter. So I think it's not a great idea. If you are older- many folks get help from adding betaine, and or bitters, and or digestive enzymes.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:39 AM

15 posts, read 19,451 times
The only thing that has ever held my digestive issues is the gummy probiotics I buy from Costco. They are miraculous.

Old 12-14-2023, 05:16 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,070,474 times
My gastro suggested I take the peppermint capsules too. I took one and it kind of made my heart race. I got them from Sprouts.

I'm confused as to whether I need a digestive enzyme or the capsules or a Liver-detox. I just bought some Bromlain, will try that soon.
I also take a probiotic by Garden of Life that works wonders.

It feels like foods or meds take awhile to break down in my body, and my belly bloats big time.
Ugh...I'm so tired of it.

Old 12-15-2023, 07:37 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
My gastro suggested I take the peppermint capsules too. I took one and it kind of made my heart race. I got them from Sprouts.

I'm confused as to whether I need a digestive enzyme or the capsules or a Liver-detox. I just bought some Bromlain, will try that soon.
I also take a probiotic by Garden of Life that works wonders.

It feels like foods or meds take awhile to break down in my body, and my belly bloats big time.
Ugh...I'm so tired of it.
What were you diagnosed with?

If it's IBS, then peppermint can make the symptoms worse, not better.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
What were you diagnosed with?

If it's IBS, then peppermint can make the symptoms worse, not better.
Problems w/my duodenum.

Old 12-30-2023, 07:03 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
these might help in your studies -- two common causes of duodenum issues. SIBO is the one i would take a hard look at. it's reversible

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-37720-x

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7347122/

Old 01-01-2024, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
these might help in your studies -- two common causes of duodenum issues. SIBO is the one i would take a hard look at. it's reversible

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-37720-x

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7347122/
Lots of info, thank you.
Yes, I was supposed to take a SIBO test but was misinformed on a few things from the medical staff, so never did. But, I plan to schedule for one in the upcoming weeks.

I just spoke to my PCP about it again last week too. She told me anti-biotics would probably be prescribed.

Do you work in the medical field?

Old 01-02-2024, 01:57 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Lots of info, thank you.
Yes, I was supposed to take a SIBO test but was misinformed on a few things from the medical staff, so never did. But, I plan to schedule for one in the upcoming weeks.

I just spoke to my PCP about it again last week too. She told me anti-biotics would probably be prescribed.

Do you work in the medical field?

no, i'm just a guy that studies this stuff way too much. be sure to flood your body with probiotics and prebiotics after your antibiotics. at least 50 billion/day of probiotics for a month, then can ease back some. antibiotics are sometimes a necessary evil - but playing with fire, wrecking the immune system

Old 01-04-2024, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
no, i'm just a guy that studies this stuff way too much. be sure to flood your body with probiotics and prebiotics after your antibiotics. at least 50 billion/day of probiotics for a month, then can ease back some. antibiotics are sometimes a necessary evil - but playing with fire, wrecking the immune system
Oh yes, and I go hard on the yogurt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements