Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:22 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I've tried Theanine.

Very weird. First I tried it in the late afternoon, after a hard day, since it is supposed to "relax" you. It was very "relaxing" -- almost too much, my joints felt like they had glue in them. Not a good sensation.

So I then tried it at night before bedtime. Did not get the same "heavy" feeling and in fact I think it made me jittery. (No caffeine or alcohol that day, so T was the only culprit).

Haven't used it since.

Have you tried Magnesium? I started with a small dose (100 mg) and worked up gradually to 400 mg. I recommended doing this because if you start out at 400 mg, it will give you "the runs."

I'm kind of amazed at how well it's been working for me, as I have suffered from insomnia for years.
There are many different forms of magnesium. Magnesium oxide is what is normally found in drug stores and in multivitamins. Magnesium oxide and magnesium sulfate are the least bioavailable, which means most of it is not aborbed by your body.

Magnesium in the aspartate, citrate, lactate, and chloride forms is absorbed more completely. Magnesium citrate has a laxative side effect. I recently bought a bottle of Source Naturals Ultra-Mag and I'm having this problem. It lists 5 different forms of magnesium but citrate is first on the list of ingredients. I've used two bottles of GNC Super Magnesium, which lists Aspartate Lactate and Citrate on its label on had no problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 05:51 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
Don’t know how it afffects others but years ago I once took 2 or 3 Benadryl pills at night. I was dreaming it was hard to breathe. One more time the same thing happened. I threw away the Benadryl. It never happened again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements