Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 03:42 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
Motomaker - With all due respect, I'm very aware of how to search the internet. I'm hoping to find someone who might live in one (and by 55+ I'm referring to an active adult community, not assisted living or worse - we still ski and backpack).
If you had scrolled thru the list in the link you would have seen active 55+ communities. We have 2 friends that that are active retirees that have moved to active communities in the past few years.

Couldn't find any Toll Bros activity on St George.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 06:41 PM

202 posts, read 186,828 times
yes, I see the results (same as I get from past searches). But again, what I am looking for is firsthand accounts of people who live in any of these communities (and even the results are sketching in terms of real communities vs just neighborhoods). Ones I found are Brio, Sun River, Entrada and Regency at Desert Color. Desert Color is Toll Bros, BUT, they won't start breaking ground until Fall, which puts initial homes out 2 full years (we're not waiting that long).

https://desertcolor.com/toll-brother...t-george-utah/

Sun River looks a bit more "mature" than our demographic based on their promotional video

https://www.sunriver.com/why-sunriver

Entrada at Snow Canyon holds some promise, but also feels more like a dedicated golf club first and foremost (we don't play golf), so we need to learn more about how golf factors into the everyday lifestyle , lest we feel excluded.

https://www.golfentrada.com/community

Brio - Not sure on this place yet.

https://lifeatbrio.com/#

Old 09-01-2022, 12:42 PM

Anybody familiar with Entrada at Snow Canyon?

Old 09-01-2022, 01:13 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
Pondering retiring to the STG area but have not yet visited. I have not found any 55+ communities there, so am I missing them? We are younger retirees (63 and 55) and since we'd be arriving knowing nobody, we'd prefer an established community with people near our age so making friends will be easier than just plunking down in any old neighborhood and winging it. Please keep comments focused on the question....opinions about politics, crime, Mormons, traffic, California migration, weather are for other threads.
You could consider Mesquite Nevada just 40 minutes south of St. George. There is a newer Sun City retirement community there and the state has no state income taxes and very little traffic. It is much smaller than St. George area and it could be an option otherwise stick to such communities in Utah.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:20 PM

Thats a bit too far out for us.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 2,996 times
My advice would be to rent before you buy.

You can find rentals online, like apartments.com and other places.

St. George is a special place, you really need to experience it first-hand. A 1 year rental is probably the best way to do it.

Just looking, here's one, it's furnished too:
https://www.apartments.com/2-br-2-ba...ge-ut/b9sl0l9/

It's Jensen though, make sure you read and understand the lease before you sign it.

Last edited by drfarkis; 09-02-2022 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: added additional info

Old 09-02-2022, 12:56 PM

3,085 posts, read 2,213,841 times
We aren't into St George but if we were interested in 55+ in the area, we would strongly consider.. NC_Cpl already mentioned it...

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...t-Desert-Color

It might not fit your timeline but worth talking to them.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:28 PM

Yep. Had seen their website but no forward movement yet as far as I can tell.

Old 09-04-2022, 05:29 AM

3,085 posts, read 2,213,841 times
I suggest you speak to the listed contract there. One gets the latest information and go from there. Like I said, we aren’t interested in St George but this might be something we would give a close look if we were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
View detailed profiles of: