Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2021, 12:49 PM

90 posts, read 127,352 times

Advertisements

Feel fortunate to be heading to Santa Fe to enjoy a few days with friends, first visit for all. We are staying at a pretty well located AirBnb and have not rented a car for our six days there, although we are considering obtaining one, if possible for a few days. I have read elsewhere that Uber rides are not plentiful. Taxi's? Schedule ahead? Mostly concerned that by the time dinner rolls around and we have been out all day..... Have also noticed no availability for rental cars, in Santa Fe. Trip is planned for mid June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 05:05 PM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times
I don't think there are any cab companies left in Santa Fe. Santa Fe Cab company went out of business a few years ago. Prior to the pandemic, Uber and Lyft were in decent supply, but I don't know about now.

That said, they generally did not hang around the airport in Santa Fe even prior to the lockdown. Most of their business probably comes from the center of town.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
There definitely is a taxicab company in Santa Fe, but it's not of the ordinary variety. Capitol Cabs went out of business when Uber/Lyft became a thing. I can't tell you anything about those, though. I did use this service when it was brand new, and I had a flat tire, left my car in the parking lot of a tire shop after hours, and needed to get home. Then, the next day, when I needed to get back to the tire shop, I called again, and the driver I happened to get was the owner of the new company. Had a very interesting conversation about his start-up.

The service isn't cheap, but it's not super high-end, either. Give it a shot. Let us know how it goes. IMO it's a good little company that deserves your business.
https://new-mexico-black-car-service.business.site

Old 06-15-2021, 05:15 AM

Thank you for the info. I'll let you know, as I'm sure we will try them.

Old 06-29-2021, 08:05 AM

We are back from our wonderful time in Santa Fe. Uber was available for the most part. We figured out that we had what we needed by pre-scheduling -

While SF is quite walkable, the heat in the middle of the afternoon was hard to take. Most days we left the house for breakfast and did not plan on returning until dinner time. By the middle of the afternoon we were wilted - so late afternoon we would uber home, get cleaned up and then uber to and from dinner if restaurant was not that close.

Old 06-29-2021, 08:32 AM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times
Glad you had a good time. Also glad to hear getting around town was not tough. I had no idea what state Uber and Lyft were in these days. The area is very busy with visitors, so one would think they were back at it in full force but I had no idea how many drivers they had on the roles after the Covid situation.

I think you were here for what may have been our hottest week or so of the year. We always have a week or two that reminds us we are essentially a desert, and I think you found it. The sun makes it feel hotter, too. And no matter how much water you drink, it is usually not enough.

By contrast, today the high is supposed to be around 60, which is very unusual for this time of year. We are also getting some badly-needed rain, potentially most of the week.

Thanks for letting us know how things worked out.

Old 06-29-2021, 09:24 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Glad you had a good time. Also glad to hear getting around town was not tough. I had no idea what state Uber and Lyft were in these days. The area is very busy with visitors, so one would think they were back at it in full force but I had no idea how many drivers they had on the roles after the Covid situation.

I think you were here for what may have been our hottest week or so of the year. We always have a week or two that reminds us we are essentially a desert, and I think you found it. The sun makes it feel hotter, too. And no matter how much water you drink, it is usually not enough.

By contrast, today the high is supposed to be around 60, which is very unusual for this time of year. We are also getting some badly-needed rain, potentially most of the week.

Thanks for letting us know how things worked out.
Not in June, we don't! The hottest time is usually in July, but the summer rains help mitigate the heat. The record for June 2021 shows that there were actually 3 weeks that were hotter than normal. (see link) Too bad the OP didn't choose this week for his trip.

But yes, OP; part of the issue with the heat in Santa Fe is the altitude; the sun is more intense there, which tends to exaggerate the heat.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sa...weather/329558
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: