Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 12:41 PM

3,487 posts, read 5,303,421 times

Advertisements

There should be way more designated overnight parking lots for RVs. So that people have neighborhoods and communities instead of being randomly scattered all over the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 02:15 PM

5,797 posts, read 4,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
There should be way more designated overnight parking lots for RVs. So that people have neighborhoods and communities instead of being randomly scattered all over the city.
Plenty of room for them in Boulevard or Jurupa.

Old 05-26-2024, 01:58 PM

3,706 posts, read 1,375,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Plenty of room for them in Boulevard or Jurupa.
The fact is you rarely have the power capacity to run AC for any length of time in an RV or van, so in summertime staying by the coast is a matter of survival.

Old 05-26-2024, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
What a perfect solution to the high cost of housing in San Diego.

Buy an RV and just park it on a street near the beach.

And I thought all the extreme lefties were all here in the Bay Area.
Because of course only lazy hippies have their housing costs outstrip their incomes. Or have devastating medical bills, or a divorce that leaves them worse than broke, or worked hard as long as they could but their body didnt make it until SSI kicked in.
Dont know if this includes anyone here, but whenever this discussion comes up, it invariably includes people gloating about making all the right choices, others didnt work as hard as they did, or squandered their money instead of investing it. Often they have 401ks or mutual funds. A portfolio of diverse financial vehicles, that nowadays will include real estate holdings and that along with Bidens newcomers is driving both purchase prices and rent out of reach.
So if it sounds like "let them eat cake" to us out here in the streets, well theres a reason for that.

Old 05-26-2024, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
From what Im seeing thats whats going on and housed residents should be happier with this. Lots on the east side of mission bay have a lot of vehicles there all night and the sweeps by patrol and service officers havent happened at all like they used to. Crime isnt spiking, and they dont have to have their broken down rigs limping around from 2 to 4am.
I do what Ive always done, I have a not so old minivan, I keep it clean and sleep in it wherever I happen to be. I avoid blocks with all single family homes and rarely stay in one spot more than 6 hours. I consult the Getitdone app and look up old report history by the map so you can see the streets where cop calling whiners reside. A few times it alerted me before cops came, but almost nobody files a complaint unless youre a dick with an eyesore vehicle and park for a few days.
The old law didnt affect me then and the change didnt matter except I can use the bathrooms any time now.
Oh and Ive never once been on Fiesta Island. I got a DUI there in the 80s, figure its bad luck and I know its history of sewage sludge drying ponds. A guy I used to know told me a story of drinking at a party there one night, and launching his muscle car over a sand dune at about 60+ mph, and coming to rest on its roof right in the middle of one.

Yuck. Classic San Diego. (Mission Bay Landfill anyone?)

Old 05-26-2024, 02:34 PM

5,797 posts, read 4,765,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The fact is you rarely have the power capacity to run AC for any length of time in an RV or van, so in summertime staying by the coast is a matter of survival.
How convenient.

Old Today, 09:06 PM

50,549 posts, read 47,363,900 times
Are there really that many people not able to work anymore with no SS? Why live in the most expensive city in the Country? How do people in lake Perris that live in trailers survive when it's 105 yet I saw it with my own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego