Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM

16,054 posts, read 7,074,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
This is a quote from a blog, see the link below. I knew about this. I just wanted to share here. If you believe it or not (you in general) is up to you.

Abraham Lincoln, [Paramahansa Yogananda] informed us, had been a yogi in the Himalayas who died with a desire to help bring about racial equality. His birth as Lincoln was for the purpose of fulfilling that desire. “He has come back again in this century,” [Yogananda said], “as Charles Lindbergh….”

https://www.ananda.org/blog/lindberg...oln-yogananda/
But Lincoln didn't bring about racial equality, he apparently did not even think it was necessary. It is odd that a yogi in the Himalayas had a desire first of all, and it was not about the people who lived there with caste discriminations, but far away in America about race?
Often people attribute all kinds of things to the famous and dead, that are not necessarily true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM

22,369 posts, read 19,288,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
But Lincoln didn't bring about racial equality, he apparently did not even think it was necessary. It is odd that a yogi in the Himalayas had a desire first of all, and it was not about the people who lived there with caste discriminations, but far away in America about race?
Often people attribute all kinds of things to the famous and dead, that are not necessarily true.
it makes sense from the perspective of the soul, and from the perspective of karma.
if someone rejects karma and can not see beyond current lifetime, then that indicates their own limitation to seeing (or accepting or believing or understanding) how karma works.

just like divinity, just like Source, the soul is not limited by nor defined by country, culture, geography, era, religion, gender, color, or political leanings. soul has a grander more far reaching vision than the human which often times fails to see beyond those. and due to those limitations either rejects karma and reincarnation altogether or rejects, as post above does, the parts that they are not comfortable with.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Yesterday at 11:45 AM..

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Quote:
This is a quote from a blog, see the link below. I knew about this. I just wanted to share here. If you believe it or not (you in general) is up to you.

Abraham Lincoln, [Paramahansa Yogananda] informed us, had been a yogi in the Himalayas who died with a desire to help bring about racial equality. His birth as Lincoln was for the purpose of fulfilling that desire. “He has come back again in this century,” [Yogananda said], “as Charles Lindbergh….”

great contribution farm! and entirely on topic for this section of the forum

Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM

3,152 posts, read 1,031,834 times
Thanks T.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

20,074 posts, read 13,535,331 times
Quote:

I wonder when Yogananda made that claim, because by 1940 Charles Lindbergh had disgusted many who had once looked up to him as racist, ablest, and a Nazi sympathizer.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I wonder when Yogananda made that claim...
I don't know. It's not mentioned the exact year when Yogananda's comment was made.

Here's the chapter about it. Towards the end of the chapter.

https://www.ananda.org/free-inspirat...th/chapter-28/

Old Today, 08:01 AM

102 posts, read 25,685 times
Quote:

So Lincoln fulfilled his desire of racial equality then reincarnated and became Lindbergh, someone who desired racial purity?

Old Today, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by night912 View Post
So Lincoln fulfilled his desire of racial equality then reincarnated and became Lindbergh, someone who desired racial purity?
it is the same theme though. it can take many lifetimes to work on and work out the many aspects of an issue. whether that is greed. or anger. or abuse of power. it is not one and done.

not talking about Lincoln in particular, but about the process of working through the refinement of any character trait a person or soul may be addressing. so if its stealing, a person in one lifetime could say accomplish not stealing from their own family, but still steal from others. even in the mundane world, even in a single lifetime people work through those layers, they say learn not to steal from individuals but still feel fine about stealing from, say companies. i.e. "white collar crime." they won't commit "violent crime" but are fine with non-violent crime. it is very common for people to feel they can do anything "as long as they don't get caught."

so yes, it can take a many lifetimes for a person to work through the many layers of any particular aspect of growth, development, refinement.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

16,054 posts, read 7,074,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by night912 View Post
not to mention a realized yogi does not return after the death of his body. he remains pure spirit which is the essence of all existence. there are no more desires because the spirit is the fullness of contentment. the paramahans a would have known that.

Old Today, 08:33 AM

A realized yogi returns to help others if God wants him/her to do so. One can't refuse God...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality