Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 10:26 PM

883 posts, read 475,705 times

Advertisements

Nothing going on from my point but l'm wondering what l've done seems as l use this place a few times a wk.
Awhile back a very nice looking worker was bending over stacking shelves. l'm waiting at the register staring of in a dream at something on shelves a good mtr or so above her. Would you believe l didn't even notice her, v nice bum l realize later to butttt.
She turned looked over and l realized it looked like l was staring at her behind.
l laughed and said sorry l was actually looking at such at the top there, we both chuckled a little, so that was that.
Since then though , this place is fairly big lots or lanes and spots yet every time l go in, she pops up going past, could be anywhere. Coincidence, a lot of people work there doesn't happen with anyone else. l was even waiting outside one day for someone, she came out and walked past, then back again.
But anyway, going in to the bottle shop one day a few wks back she was in there, l smiled and walked on.
Waiting at the register later, look up and she's leaning on boxes staring straight at my eyes and held that. l smiled then my turn came got done and left.

Well, since that day , if she passes me in there now, she quickly looks away lips tight and looking ****ty with me. What did l do ?
ps and no l have no interest in her, cute though.

Last edited by randomx; 04-22-2024 at 11:35 PM..

Old 04-23-2024, 03:38 AM

102,310 posts, read 108,476,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Nothing going on from my point but l'm wondering what l've done seems as l use this place a few times a wk.
Awhile back a very nice looking worker was bending over stacking shelves. l'm waiting at the register staring of in a dream at something on shelves a good mtr or so above her. Would you believe l didn't even notice her, v nice bum l realize later to butttt.
She turned looked over and l realized it looked like l was staring at her behind.
l laughed and said sorry l was actually looking at such at the top there, we both chuckled a little, so that was that.
Since then though , this place is fairly big lots or lanes and spots yet every time l go in, she pops up going past, could be anywhere. Coincidence, a lot of people work there doesn't happen with anyone else. l was even waiting outside one day for someone, she came out and walked past, then back again.
But anyway, going in to the bottle shop one day a few wks back she was in there, l smiled and walked on.
Waiting at the register later, look up and she's leaning on boxes staring straight at my eyes and held that. l smiled then my turn came got done and left.

Well, since that day , if she passes me in there now, she quickly looks away lips tight and looking ****ty with me. What did l do ?
The bolded is what you did; you were indifferent to her many attempts to get your attention by walking past you or popping up in the same aisle as you. It's her problem, not yours, though. She took a fancy to you, and you didn't reciprocate. It's not a crime. Just life.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:14 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,100,544 times
Quote:

If you didn't have any interest in her you wouldn't have gone to the trouble of asking strangers about it online.

Seems to me she is flirting back at you. Next time strike up conversation (if you speak better than you write) and see where that leads.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:23 AM

There's one in every crowd isn't there eh. Your comprehension ain't too good boots, worse than my writing.
l said, l use the place a lot so what does that say to you - it says l don't want to be uncomfortable nor anyone else to be.
And what does and no l don't have any interest in her say to you, ha , the opposite apparently.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded is what you did; you were indifferent to her many attempts to get your attention by walking past you or popping up in the same aisle as you. It's her problem, not yours, though. She took a fancy to you, and you didn't reciprocate. It's not a crime. Just life.

You think , God ldk.
So what should l do then just supposing, just go about my business, careful not to look her way again or what. l mean she's everywhere.She seems nice l don't wanna **** her off or anything seems as l've somehow managed to already.

Old 04-23-2024, 09:50 AM

Quote:
You think , God ldk.
So what should l do then just supposing, just go about my business, careful not to look her way again or what. l mean she's everywhere.She seems nice l don't wanna **** her off or anything seems as l've somehow managed to already.
That's a tricky situation. Are there other grocery stores you can go to? That may be an inconvenient solution, but perhaps after a few months, she'd get the message, and you could switch back to her store.

Employees aren't supposed to get personal with the customers. She's walking a fine line in order to avoid having a complaint lodged against her. Can you figure out what shift she works, and shop during her off hours?

Old 04-23-2024, 11:05 AM

I agree with the person who sent me a rep note,asking why the OP should change his behavior, because he's done nothing wrong. I've been in his shoes more than once, and have felt the same way, yet that's what store supervisors recommend, if the customer doesn't want to make a formal complaint. They suggest shopping during a different shift,or going to a different branch of the store (if there is one). This type of situation is always a bit awkward and unpleasant.The OP can decide how he wants to handle it.

Old 04-23-2024, 11:14 AM

20,461 posts, read 14,792,306 times
LOL you could always deploy the trick that a million women have used since time immemorial. Be nice, engage her in a bit of chat, and casually drop mention of a nonexistent girlfriend or wife.

Old 04-23-2024, 11:37 AM

3,013 posts, read 1,694,414 times
Random, there's really no need to change your behavior.

Just be pleasant and ignore any "looks" she throws your way.

You two had a slightly awkward encounter. Okay, life is awkward sometimes.

It's no big deal, I wouldn't give it any more thought.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:02 PM

26,096 posts, read 22,287,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL you could always deploy the trick that a million women have used since time immemorial. Be nice, engage her in a bit of chat, and casually drop mention of a nonexistent girlfriend or wife.
My thought, but if he isn't looking for a relationship, at this time, maybe just say that if it looks like it is headed in that way. Plus, she didn't propose marriage or moving in together. Maybe she even belonged to a group that she thought he might be a fit, and wanted to strike up a conversation. He left her "hanging", which was offensive, especially when just about every guy I have ever known would have said they weren't looking at her butt, even though they were most certainly doing that, so she may not have taken him seriously and thought he was flirting with her.

Now, if it were me, I guess I would be saying "hi" to her, and then if there is a little conversation with that, mention something to let her know that I was not interested in pursuing a relationship at this time, or if there was someone else, casually fit that person into the conversation to let her know I was already "taken".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships