Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
When you arrive at the gates of heaven, all the animals you have ever loved come running to greet you.
We've had so many animals, and have lost so many. When they rush to greet my husband and I at the Rainbow Bridge - we will smothered. Can't think of a better way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 20,602 times
I think it's beautiful! Don't worry about some idiot on FaceBook. That person or people have NEVER truly loved an animal. What a shame for them. The unconditional love of an animal is what's all about. I like dogs and cats but I am partial to cats. My Babies (cats) loved me like no another being has ever done. And I them!

I only came across this a couple of years ago.....For me, it gives me hope!! I really like it. Rainbow Bridge said it all........

An Indian legend says: " When a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into Heaven. At the head of the bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based on what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away."

Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 20,602 times
I agree! Joy.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:52 AM

12 posts, read 34,911 times
Default Rainbow Bridge

I really loves poem.Thanks for the lovely post.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:33 AM

157 posts, read 574,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Here is something I got that was on an email regarding animal rescue. I just love this

An Indian legend says: " When a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into Heaven. At the head of the bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based on what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away."
I have heard this in the past. Thanks very much for refreshing my memory. And I agree with this 100%!

I am going to copy and paste this quote and save it.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
We've had so many animals, and have lost so many. When they rush to greet my husband and I at the Rainbow Bridge - we will smothered. Can't think of a better way to go.
I can't, either. When Sir A and I cross over, we want our animals to greet us before the humans we've known do, and that includes me late sainted mum, who I loved more than I did any other human being.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Rainbow Bridge For Birds

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When a bird dies that has been especially close to someone here, that bird goes to the Rainbow Bridge. At the Rainbow Bridge there are meadows and hills and beautiful trees of all kinds where all our special friends can fly and climb, hang and flap, hop and run, jump and play, squawk and squeal and sing together.
There is plenty of good food, including grapes and peanuts, ice cream and cheese, spaghetti and especially lots of pizza. There is crystal clear water in brooks and springs are filled with water as well as every kind of delicious fresh fruit juice.
One warm spring even runs full of the coffee they can now drink their fill of without hearing a single no-no. There is lots of glorious sunshine, and sweet warm rain when they want it and our friends are warm and comfortable and totally at peace.
All the birds who had been ill or old are restored to health and vigor and to their natural incredible beauty. Their feathers shine, their wing feathers are whole, and their eyes gleam once again with vitality.
Those who were hurt or maimed or ignored or broken-hearted are made whole and strong and free of fear again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.
The birds are happy and content..... except for one small thing - they each miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind when the bird returned home. Still they all fly and play happily and safely and noisily together - even the grouchiest greys and orneriest senegals, the tiniest finches and the grandest macaws.
But the day comes for each bird when he suddenly stops and looks far into the distance. His body freezes and his bright eyes are intent as he watches and listens in silence. Suddenly he begins to fly from the group, soaring over the green grass, his wings flapping harder and harder!
You have been spotted - and he shrieks to you and then calls your name and his own and cries again and again and as he rushes toward you.
When you and your bird finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion, knowing you will never be parted again.
Your face and your fingers - and even your toes - are covered with beak nibbles and soft ecstatic kisses. Your hair is preened by that special beak, and his head bends under your fingers to invite your touch. Your hands again find their way under beloved wings, to caress the downy softness beneath.
You look once more into the trusting eyes of your companion-so long gone from your physical life on earth, but never for an instant absent from your heart.
Your tears of joy are gently brushed away by those beloved wings... and feeling immersed once more in total contentment and love, you and your beloved companion cross the Rainbow Bridge together.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
what a great subforum addition.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM

334 posts, read 520,542 times
One of our cats crossed the bridge last night. It was completely unexpected and she was only six. RIP Abby, we miss you terribly

Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
I'm very sorry about Abby. Cherish the good memories you have of her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge