Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 03:45 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,402,586 times

Advertisements

When my previous dog Molly died, I started breaking out in hives at night. I'd cry when I came home because I didn't see her sweet face when I came through the door. I saw a dog who reminded me of her one day and the thought actually crossed my mind to steal it. (Not that I'd ever do such a thing.)

I immediately got another dog. He's not like Molly, but he's a lot of company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 04:54 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsherman9901 View Post
I just lost my beloved Sassy this morning. She was a beautiful Standard Poodle, 14 1/2 years old. I have had many dogs over the years but never one like her. Aside from my wife, Sassy was the best friend I've ever had. I could swear she was almost human. We got her as a rescue dog when she was 10 weeks old and gave her the best home she could have ever had. She lived life to the fullest and passed with dignity at home, with me stroking her head and telling her how much I loved her. I don't know what I'm going to do, we can't stop crying.
Part of the reason its so hard to loose a pet is 'We Never Judge Them' (like we do humans). Our Pets are completely innocent and can do no wrong.

They are a Thing of Beauty to Behold. When i consider some of my Pets who have gone ahead, I'm inclined to believe in a God somewhere who made them....they do indeed have a Soul that lives on~

Life is short and soon enough, we'll all be together again~!

Old 05-20-2022, 06:07 PM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Quote:
I just lost my beloved Sassy this morning. She was a beautiful Standard Poodle, 14 1/2 years old. I have had many dogs over the years but never one like her. Aside from my wife, Sassy was the best friend I've ever had. I could swear she was almost human. We got her as a rescue dog when she was 10 weeks old and gave her the best home she could have ever had. She lived life to the fullest and passed with dignity at home, with me stroking her head and telling her how much I loved her. I don't know what I'm going to do, we can't stop crying.
I am so sorry for your loss. I have a "Sassy" also. Her nickname is "Sassafras".

You gave her a wonderful life and she knew she was loved. It's okay to cry and grieve and mourn. There is a hole in your heart.

You can never replace her, but please consider rescuing (or fostering) another dog when you're ready. It really does help.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:43 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Part of the reason its so hard to loose a pet is 'We Never Judge Them' (like we do humans). Our Pets are completely innocent and can do no wrong.

They are a Thing of Beauty to Behold. When i consider some of my Pets who have gone ahead, I'm inclined to believe in a God somewhere who made them....they do indeed have a Soul that lives on~

Life is short and soon enough, we'll all be together again~!

Absolutely on all accounts, but why do the little fur balls have to get so deep into our hearts.
Our 19 year old Sam kitty was sent on to be with our other pets yesterday and it still hurts not having him with us. But I still keep it in my heart that all of us will be reunited one glorious day. God sent them to us so we may enjoy each other for a short earthly while, but forever in eternity.
And I still miss each and every one of them.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:48 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
Quote:
I just lost my Yorkie dog Sassy yesterday. She was only 11 and it was totally unexpected. We went every where together. I feel so empty and lost. It was so hard this morning to wake up and she wasn't there and we would always take a walk. My heart is broken. I had actually posted about this earlier on the Dog forum.
Attached Thumbnails
The Pain of Losing a Pet-imag0206.jpg   The Pain of Losing a Pet-imag0205.jpg  

Last edited by jet757f; 07-03-2022 at 06:03 PM..

Old 07-06-2022, 01:40 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
I just lost my Yorkie dog Sassy yesterday. She was only 11 and it was totally unexpected. We went every where together. I feel so empty and lost. It was so hard this morning to wake up and she wasn't there and we would always take a walk. My heart is broken. I had actually posted about this earlier on the Dog forum.
So sorry for your loss.

Old 07-11-2022, 02:15 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,766,820 times
Quote:
Thank you, that does help. I know that probably most people believe that when pets die, they are just gone. I can't believe that; I feel positive that I will see Sassy again and that we will play just as hard as we did when she was here with me.
I don't believe they are gone, either. They have souls. We just have to wait to see them again, just like with our human loved ones that have passed.

There are beautiful people in this thread, beautiful souls....

Old 07-29-2022, 08:29 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I don't believe they are gone, either. They have souls. We just have to wait to see them again, just like with our human loved ones that have passed.

There are beautiful people in this thread, beautiful souls....

I hope so.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:34 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,130,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
Back before the pandemic, we had an Abyssinian cat named Satch. He was vibrant, loving and very intelligent. Suddenly, one day he became very lethargic so we brought him to the vet. It seems that he came down with an ailment that required expensive surgery to treat, just so he can live a little while longer. Money was not going to be the object, but the vet surgeon said that he’d never be the same and would require daily medication including pain pills/shots. Our family was devastated. We made the decision to put him to sleep. Satch was 10 years old and appeared to be the picture of health days before.

Everyone at the animal hospital told us we did the most humane thing, but I cried like a baby. I’m a “tough” 6’2” 63 year old retired cop who had seen everything, but losing my Satch has been hurting me to this this day. I’m tearing up as I’m writing this. I know poor Satch knew it was the end as made some of his loving rubbing onto my face before he was taken. I still am not over the loss.

During the pandemic, my wife suggested that we get a puppy to cheer up the house (and me). Well, we went out and got Freddie. The cutest Bichon Frise you’ll ever see and he’s like velcro on me. He’s lying down next to me on the couch, and my wife and I love him dearly. My two older sons are afraid to get too attached to him.

I just read a few posts about loved pets being “put down,” an expression I don’t really care for. I guess where I’m going is there will be a time when Freddie will leave us. I’m not sure how I’m going to deal with it. Humans die and we appropriately grieve, but in many cases the loved one knew what was happening. But with pets they don’t understand what’s going on. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

Thoughts?
Yes, I understand and sympathize completely.

Last year, every bad thing in life that could happen happened: a close family member died, among other things. My family’s perfect Standard Poodle also died. I haven’t gotten over losing the Standard Poodle and I miss her every second of every day, and the pain doesn’t go away. So I fully understand where you’re coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge