Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 02:24 PM

552 posts, read 223,000 times

Advertisements

I have a housecat, she was born on July 10th, 2002.

In very early 2005, my then elementary school aged son found a Border Collie/ Heeler mix.
She was a rescue, fully grown but I was told that she was possibly born January 2005.

Cat always seemed to be extremely healthy. Suffered kidney issues as most cats do once
in a blue moon. My dog was very elderly, her eyesight did not seem too good and her
teeth were broken and sticking out of her mouth strangely. Despite her obvious pain,
she absolutely loved going on long daily walks with me.

Day before yesterday, I had to run to the store. I petted and looked at my dog, asking
her if she wanted to get in the car with me. She really did not like the car, so I decided
unfortunately to just go as it was getting late. Apparently, unfortunately for some strange
reason, she decided to follow me out to the highway. I had no idea. I found her body
in the morning, she was hit by a car. Animal control came out and removed her for me,
that was a task that I was unprepared for so I just stood out in the lanes to keep cars
away from the animal control officer. I feel awful.

Now my cat is becoming very lethargic. She is sleeping all the time, but still eating, drinking
and eliminating. She cries when she thinks she is alone. I work from home, so I get to
stay close by her. I decided to keep her comfortable at home, she does not appear to be
in such grave pain that it would be enough for me to take her into the vet. Of course, I
would if that was the case. In the meantime, she is sticking close as she always has been
my baby.

I will turn 58 this summer, and my son will turn 26. He told me yesterday that he had no
idea the cat would outlive all our previous pets. I just wanted to post this, maybe I will
look back on it one day. I just see it as a major event in my life, the same as any loss of
any family or loved one. On one hand, I am ready to get my home back. No more litter
boxes or pet smells hitting you when you walk in the front door. It just hurts to see anyone
that you love and care for suffer or slowly shut down.

Meanwhile, I am done with pets for now. Maybe another rescue or two someday. Just not
now. I lost a beloved Golden Retriever who was 14 to a chest tumor a few years ago. I
cried for 3 days straight. She returned in spirit the 4th morning of her passing. She was
perfectly healthy, and she had a fuzzy pink bubble on her chest where the tumor had been.
I think that pink fuzzy bubble was her spirit's way of showing me she now understood what
happened to her.

It looks like the ending of an era in my life. I am no longer the mother of a child, with 3
rambunctious animals for pets. I am mother of a wonderful adult son, and some day I
will be greeted by the biggest homecoming ever when I get to see all my pets again in
heaven.

Last edited by Tylerrose; 06-02-2021 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 11:36 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,759,271 times
My heart goes out to you. Losing a loved pet is torturous! I've lost 2 cats that were companions for 18-1/2 and 21 years - months and a couple of years later, I am still grieving. Give yourself some time and when you are ready and your heart is open, adopt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge