Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2018, 12:38 PM

3 posts, read 9,115 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a few properties in Punta Gorda's Charlotte Ranchettes. Does anyone on here live in that area or have any 1st hand knowledge of the area?

Anyone on here build in there?

I am just looking and trying to get a feel for the Ranchettes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 05:54 PM

112 posts, read 146,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystalandmike5 View Post
I am looking at a few properties in Punta Gorda's Charlotte Ranchettes. Does anyone on here live in that area or have any 1st hand knowledge of the area?

Anyone on here build in there?

I am just looking and trying to get a feel for the Ranchettes.
I'm at a loss. Where is this neighborhood?

Old 04-21-2018, 09:35 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,496 times
Charlotte Ranchettes are located in the area East of the Punta Gorda Airport

Charlotte Ranchettes is a residential community tucked away in Punta Gorda, Florida. The majority of homes in this community are ranch or ranch,traditional style single-family homes. They were built between 1976 and 2018. These homes offer 1 to 5 bedrooms and 1 bath to 3 bathrooms. Residences range in size from 816 to 4759 square feet in living space. Prices of homes for sale in Charlotte Ranchettes currently range from $325,000 to $399,900.

https://www.neighborhoods.com/charlo...-gorda-fl?sort[name]

Old 04-22-2018, 07:31 AM

If anyone lives in the area or knows someone who does and wouldn't mind me picking their brain please let me know.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:03 AM

378 posts, read 628,864 times
The dirt roads are a deterrent.

Old 04-22-2018, 12:32 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,544,071 times
I don't live in Charlotte Ranchettes but know about them. Most of the roads are dirt roads with pot holes. When it rains they are muddy and when it is dry they are dusty. It's tough on vehicles, especially the shocks. Most of the properties are 1 plus acres, up to about 5 acres. Some of the people have farms animals because it is zoned Ag. Depending on which street and locaiton of home, you can access from Bermont Rd or Jones Loop. Most of the time when I go through there people ride 4 wheelers around. There are a variety of types of houses - some block stucco, some wood frame or modular style. Some well kept, others not. Some have outbuildings or barns for their animals. Quite a few have a gated fence going into their property. Many only have a partial cement driveway and the rest is gravel or crushed shell. If you are looking to build in there, be sure to meet with a builder and get an idea of how much fill you will need. Some of the properties are more like wetlands. You will see quite a few with ponds in their backyards. Get a complete feasibility study done.

It is close to the Punta Gorda Airport. If you go down Bermont Rd to the end, there is a grocery store, gas station, and some shopping along US 17/Duncan Rd. Bermont Rd has a lot of trucks that travel that road every day. The east side of Charlotte Ranchettes is the Babock/Cecil Webb Ranch area. If you look at Google Maps, you can see the location.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:01 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,253,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
I don't live in Charlotte Ranchettes but know about them. Most of the roads are dirt roads with pot holes. When it rains they are muddy and when it is dry they are dusty. It's tough on vehicles, especially the shocks. Most of the properties are 1 plus acres, up to about 5 acres. Some of the people have farms animals because it is zoned Ag. Depending on which street and locaiton of home, you can access from Bermont Rd or Jones Loop. Most of the time when I go through there people ride 4 wheelers around. There are a variety of types of houses - some block stucco, some wood frame or modular style. Some well kept, others not. Some have outbuildings or barns for their animals. Quite a few have a gated fence going into their property. Many only have a partial cement driveway and the rest is gravel or crushed shell. If you are looking to build in there, be sure to meet with a builder and get an idea of how much fill you will need. Some of the properties are more like wetlands. You will see quite a few with ponds in their backyards. Get a complete feasibility study done.

It is close to the Punta Gorda Airport. If you go down Bermont Rd to the end, there is a grocery store, gas station, and some shopping along US 17/Duncan Rd. Bermont Rd has a lot of trucks that travel that road every day. The east side of Charlotte Ranchettes is the Babock/Cecil Webb Ranch area. If you look at Google Maps, you can see the location.
Even with a 5 acre lot, from what you describe it doesn’t sound like it has much else going for it. I would be weary of any location where 4 wheelers are out and about. That being said,there are days though when I think I’d trade the noise of a 4 Wheeler for the extremely loud exhaust of the Mustang that drives up and down my street several times a day🙂
As much as I love privacy and a bit of seclusion,this development screams Stay Away to me! Then again, it obviously has an appeal to others so to each his own.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:26 AM

TamRE thank you so much. That is the kind of information I was looking for!!!

Old 01-02-2024, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 851 times
Default Utilities in Charlotte Ranchettes

Hi TamRe. I own a 1.25 acres lot in the Charlotte Ranchettes. I have questions about building a property there. Perhaps you could help me answer them. Here are them:

1. For potable water, do I need to drill a well? I don’t think there is potable city water available in these lots. What is the general depth at which potable water is found? Any idea on average costs?
2. I understand that I need to build also a septic well. Any idean on cost estimate?
3. Electricity - There is electricity in the access road. I only need to bring it to the construction site
4. Telecom - there is no cable or telephone available from the access road to bring to the property, correct?
5. Any other thing I may have missed that is critical?
6. Deed restrictions: can I place there an rv to live? Can the lots be subdivided? Can I have more than one house in my lot?
7. Where can I get information on the conditions to build there, restictions, HOA, etc?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte