Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,895,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Today, we went to Blind Pass Beach just north of Englewood.
Bad link, bad link, bad link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 09:12 PM

747 posts, read 1,011,541 times
Upload 'em to photobucket then cut & paste the "IMG" link associated with the image. It'll post the image automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Today, we went to Blind Pass Beach just north of Englewood. It is actually in Sarasota County. I took photo graphs of the sunset over the Gulf. I will try to post one of them tomorrow, as soon as I figure out how to post photos again... ;-(

Anyway from Punta Gorda to that beach is 40 minutes. Parking is free! The water temperature today was 87, my beer temperature was 38 degrees. ;-)

Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 AM

413 posts, read 827,950 times
Try this one.

Blind Pass Beach on Manasota Key in Englewood Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Bad link, bad link, bad link.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:36 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,082,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dave View Post
Thanks for the link Dave. I have a couple sunset pictures I want to post, and a short video - although I may have to post that somewhere else to get the link up to it & them.

When I failed to get the pic up, i thought I deleted the link because it didn't work NPG must have seen it when I was struggling.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
Upload 'em to photobucket then cut & paste the "IMG" link associated with the image. It'll post the image automatically.
Yep, I've done it before ....
I'll do it today, but right now....
I gotta procrastinate and have my coffee....

OK here is one of the pictures I took, I'll post the video later - lets see if this works -
Its called Sunset on a Stick

Last edited by Big House; 10-10-2014 at 08:11 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 08:26 AM

There is a whole new venue starting up its called - Florida Tracks and Trails. It is about 10 miles (or more) outside of Punta Gorda, so it won't be a noise concern. There will be some great concerts!! I'm looking forward to that!! All the restaurants in town play live music on Thursdays - Sundays, and most of the bands / musicians are very good!!
The Venue will also have other events and outdoor activities planned. It includes trail riding for motorcycles, and ATVs of all kinds. It is a huge area that will also have all kinds of tracks, trails, a world class paintball facility. AND, it will have provisions for RVs and camping. I even think they are planning Rodeos!! We go to the National PBR championships for Bull Riding in Arcadia every year. It is a 1/2 hour up the road! You'll get into that - so bring your cowboy hat and boots.

It is going to be a really great facility when it opens!!
It shows everyone that Punta Gorda isn't just for the old.
I went to a high school football game a couple weeks ago, and there were over 5,000 kids there having a great time!!

Check out the web site - its cool.
Florida Tracks & Trails[/quote]

Old 10-10-2014, 10:36 AM

Comcast vs Century Link
I had Comcast here for a few years (because it was basically the only game in town).
As soon as Century Link became established with their Prism TV package I switched.

Comcast -
The internet and TV service was continually interrupted, and the service was terrible. Everyone one I know had serious complaints about that, plus they were priced high, and always raising their rates. When you needed service you had to go to a crappy shop on Edgewater drive, and even their their TVs had problems showing their own advertisements and shows while you waited (a long time to get serviced).

Century Link
When I switched, I got the Prism package with all the networks (their best package), and got the internet service as well. I have 4 TVs all hooked up to the package (before I only had 2). I can hook up 24 wireless connections to their box, including my phones, iPad, and mac, as well as friends when they come by. Before I only could hook up 4-5 at a time.
I save over $50 a month - each month. When I do need service, which is rare, I actually speak to someone here (in America), that understands what my problems are and fixes them. I did need service after a lightning strike, and within one hour they had a technician here fixing the problem, replacing the router and box, and making sure everything (every TV and computer) had access and was working correctly!! Comcast never did anything like that for me, after being a customer for years.

Love the change.
I don't have Dish or DirectTV, and wish the NFL would open up and provide access to all the games on other networks.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Phone Service Providers

I have Verizon, I like the ability to go anywhere and get good reception. I know people that travel to the beach, and other barrier islands where reception is scattered with ATT and other service providers.
Other people have complained about their packages, and providers here on other Threads, so I thought I'd start a thread here on that subject.

I use my iPhone 6 of everything, internet access, news, reading a variety of sites, as well as Facebook and Twitter. I text message people all the time, and I have had no problems with Verizon. I also use various Navigational tools, and then access can be critical. I use it all over the place when I'm driving, and I have several great APPs that I use when out on the water.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:48 AM

Did you know that Punta Gorda is one of the Safest Places to Live in Florida!!

Everyone is always concerned about crime which exists everywhere. I can attest that this area is very very safe, crime is low - not to say it doesn't exist. In fairness I have lived in other small towns and cities in WNY, Colorado, Maryland, DC, Vermont, and others. But have lived here for 8 years and have never witnessed theft, or other things that concern many people.

Here is a link to check out.
20 Safest Cities in Florida: Safest Places to Live in FL | Safe Choice Security News

Old 10-10-2014, 01:00 PM

Here is a great website that addresses many great things about Punta Gorda.
As I mentioned earlier - there are many great restaurants and events here in Punta Gorda.

There are festivals of one sort or another almost every weekend here in town, or within a very short drive.
There are many great craft stores with unique items.
The restaurants all feature music on weekends.
And, here is a nice website that features a lot of things - check it out!

everything punta gorda

All that, Plus great on the water activities.
Come and start your life!! ;-)

Oh, and every third Thursday of the month, here in this very town. . . {drum roll please}, we have Gallery Walk, where everyone walks around town, grabs a drink and a friend, and tours the local establishments, views the many murals, hits the restaurants and bars, listens to music, and many of the places (along Taylor and some of the side streets) will offer a free glass of wine to stroll with). Now, how cool is that????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte