Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 12:59 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,918,773 times

Advertisements

Let's go Giants! I'm so hoping they win this game. Normally, I want one SB team to win or the other to lose, and I cheer accordingly. In this case, I wanted the Patriots to lose no matter who they were playing and the Giants to win no matter who they were playing. Put these 2 desires together and ... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 01:29 PM

546 posts, read 2,146,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
I am a die-hard Pats fan, but I *do* like the Giants. Except, of course, for their whiny quarterback.

Eli has yet to "arrive". Actually, I'm not sure if the little cry-baby has actually "arrived" in NY....the "big market" that he wanted to desperately to be in.

Guess we'll see in 12 days....

The only cry-baby is Tom Brady, it's great seeing him when things don't go his way. All he does is get mad and pout. You never see him encouraging teammates, all he did on Sunday was go straight to the bench and pout after the 3 and outs. Cry-baby brady will go down on Sunday and Belli-cheat with him!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:51 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,623,997 times
A Psychic prediction! A friend sent this to me and it's pretty funny. If I only knew. Enjoy

YouTube - Giants Triumph Packers

Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
A Psychic prediction! A friend sent this to me and it's pretty funny. If I only knew. Enjoy

YouTube - Giants Triumph Packers
LOL! That is literally classic.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Giants' FG kicker/goat/hero Lawrence Tynes will be on CBS' Letterman show in a minute or 2.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Giants' FG kicker/goat/hero Lawrence Tynes will be on CBS' Letterman show in a minute or 2.
That was an entertaining interview. Letterman asked Tynes what he was thinking after missing those 2 kicks. LT said that after missing the 2nd kick, he was starting to wonder what it'd feel like to live in Green Bay.

Letterman asked him what Coughlin was yelling at him about after he missed that first FG. Tynes said he has no idea - he doesn't listen to Coughlin when he yells at him.

He also confirmed that he ran onto the field in OT before Coughlin told him to kick that 47 yard FG.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:06 AM

Here's an ESPN article on LT's appearance on "Letterman".

Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 PM

121 posts, read 410,545 times
good luck you giants fans....you'll need it.

for those who think Brady is a cry baby, you don't know Brady. He is a true leader that knows when to go back to the sidelines and blast his team and he knows when to go back and keep quiet. He is the leader of this team and knows exactly what he is doing.

furthermore, he is the ultimate team player. Years ago, he passed on a huge contract when he told management to take some of the money they were willing to give him so they could go get him some quality receivers. Who else has done that? Brady is the definition of a class act.

Eli is the exact opposite. DON'T DRAFT ME SAN DIEGO, I WON'T PLAY FOR YOU. MY DADDY WANTS ME TO PLAY IN NY.

And my prediction is that the Giants will probably keep it within 10 pts. The Pats have a history of keeping the SB close.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:30 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,759,299 times
Getting back to Tynes.........I saw a nice report about the broken hearted Packer equipment manager who had the class to fetch the ball out of the endzone , run Tynes down and hand him the ball. Gotta love those Packers. They take football seriously.
I cannot stand the idea of Billy B. getting a fourth win and being in the elite company of Chuck Knoll.
GO G-MEN!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,661,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
New Name all the other NFL teams who moved and changed their name.
The Redskins play in Maryland, not D.C., but they're still the Washington Redskins. Lots of teams play in the suburbs of their major metros, but they still use the name of the major metro. I don't see what the problem is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football